goolsby7's Content

There have been 93 items by goolsby7 (Search limited from 02-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#993666 How do i extract things?

Posted by goolsby7 on 21 August 2018 - 05:18 in Game Help

I looked on the wiki and it says its extracted from a snake head. Unfortunately, i dont know how to extract stuff, and ive looked everywhere for it. Can someone help me out?

The snake heads are a resource drop from the snakes themselves. The buff "resource finder" is a great help in getting them to drop if your having trouble getting them. You can find two different potions with that buff under special items in the auction house (AH for short). Players can buff you with it as well.

From there, you can find the heads in your backpack. Clicking them will extract them, right clicking will give you the option to extract all you have. The buff "extractor" will increase the chance of success in getting a resource from it, while "extractor 2" gives a chance to save the resource when extracting it. Both of these can be found in the buff market, or from higher level guild members if you can :D

If ever you need to find a specific resource for a potion in the future, while the ultimate fallensword guide (usfg) is helpful, I would still recommend the wiki (even in it's dilapitated state), both of which can be found under resources on the left side of the screen.

Hopefully this was helpful and informative.

#993651 titan secures - old frail titans

Posted by goolsby7 on 20 August 2018 - 08:31 in General Discussion

No ones ever bothered to kill it more than half to begin with? What's the difference.

This is the biggest thing I myself wanted to address. I think murs idea would be a good incentive to kill off a titan :V or at least a possible incentive lol.

I'm still partial to a kill burn on health rejuve idea as well lol. Make them want to finish a titan off or loose the chance at the item :D would being gback a bit of compettative hunting again :D

#993648 Medal Progress

Posted by goolsby7 on 20 August 2018 - 05:41 in Game Help

I believe that the progress takes into account your previous medal as well

#993647 QUEST HELP PLS!!

Posted by goolsby7 on 20 August 2018 - 05:40 in Game Help

Yea, that string of quests can get somewhat complicated since they don't always point you in the right direction lol. Thankfully I was still able to use the wiki to help out with it... I really need to get to work on that thing @.@

#993646 titan secures - old frail titans

Posted by goolsby7 on 20 August 2018 - 05:38 in General Discussion

I think the main thing about TKP now is that individuals in a guild use it to ear epics over time by building up points from cleanup duty (which I'm kinda doing myself lol)

#993644 titan secures - old frail titans

Posted by goolsby7 on 20 August 2018 - 01:31 in General Discussion

Though a way to do it would to give every titan a spawn time so say 3-5 days(spawn them less often too), if a guild secures it and it does not die within its time that guild gets its item still, while everyone else on the tail end of that secure would not get any of their tkp unless they finish killing it off.

The first part im all for, but the second part still leaves it to other people to bother clearing it U.U It may fix the market a tad eventually but it doesnt discourage half-attemtps at titans :/

#993640 Reset Player Reset

Posted by goolsby7 on 20 August 2018 - 00:16 in General Discussion

Skill reset usually happens when new buffs are implemented in game. Player reset is the most important upgrade right now.

True enough, just throwing it out there since most new ones will probably be through composing.

That aside, im all for the individual resets as well :o

#993638 Reset Player Reset

Posted by goolsby7 on 19 August 2018 - 23:25 in General Discussion

I definitely agree that that upgrade needs a rework on its cost (ive never used it myself but still).

on top of that, its been a few years, can we have another free skill reset oh bountiful and benevolent cows? XD

#993637 titan secures - old frail titans

Posted by goolsby7 on 19 August 2018 - 23:21 in General Discussion

gHEiIwq.jpg

I LOVE this XD *saves*

#993634 Bound fsp

Posted by goolsby7 on 19 August 2018 - 22:47 in Game Content

Neither am I.  It took me 7 years to get to 500....

im in that boat with ya :'D

#993633 Balancing Arena Spawns

Posted by goolsby7 on 19 August 2018 - 22:41 in General Discussion

just had a thought... how about faster burn times on unjoined arenas? i dont think theres anything like that for currently joined ones though :/ i feel like Grim has said before it wouldnt happen for arenas people have joined, but mayhaps a burn on them if they take too long, and it does a partial refund :o

#993632 titan secures - old frail titans

Posted by goolsby7 on 19 August 2018 - 22:38 in General Discussion

He's never explained why.

I thiink it would boil down to what happens now but on a much more serious scale. no one would ever bother to kill a titan more then half if they can just wait for it to decay and rot away. Thats kinda how it is now in reality, except they have to wait for other people to finish it off for the TKP.

'nother idea: let them heal 1% for each day of inactivity  :ph34r:

With this, i like it and would like to offer a counter improvement: at rollover each day, rather then just healing 1% it also removes the same amount from successful kills by all current hunters. That would prevent TKP farming on massive scales if something like that did get implemented. :o

#993624 titan secures - old frail titans

Posted by goolsby7 on 19 August 2018 - 07:35 in General Discussion

Alrighty! So!

Titans.

We all love the epics we can win off hunting them, and so we try and secure them.

But then what?

People beat a Titan half to death and then it lays in the dirt for ages until someone takes pity on it and puts it out of its misery....

The elementals i can understand, they don't have a drop and are primarily used for quests (besides the elemental shield blank)... but others like the invisible invader, heck almost all of them, they get secured and just... idle....

they age in their poor frail state until put out of their misery lol.

Now in the long run i know this keeps the epic market a bit more stable, but at the same time, for those wanting to try and secure it for themselves it just means they have to go and clean up someone elses mess :/

Id like to see some kind of reward or benifit for maybe finishing off a titan if your from a different guild if no ones attacked it in X days, or perhaps something to reward players for completely securing it, like a guild medal maybe (say 80% of the kills within a certain time frame that its cleared withing adds towards a guild medal perhaps :o

Just a little late night thinkering before bed XD

#993623 Potions need a little love

Posted by goolsby7 on 19 August 2018 - 07:13 in Game Content

KE is only as effective as you have sets to support it, same goes for SH. 4 two piece sets plus a random 9th piece (from another set if you want coordinated buffs to work) make even 175 quite powerful.  200 isn't all that bad.  If one struggles, then maybe a trip to the set calculator is in order....  

heck i wont lie, i use a set calculator to find my base uncrafted/unforged stats for arena for levels i dont know when i test things out XD comes in handy for when i level into new pvp ranges to ;P

#993621 Epics True Value

Posted by goolsby7 on 19 August 2018 - 07:11 in Game Content

I am just giving an example a 30 FSPs oggy VS a 400 FSP boarded war... There is a difference ofc. , but let's be honest here. Stamina gain is way more valuable than Max Stam and XP gain.

Thats an opinion, nothing more. personally id much rather have more max stam then stam an hour gain. were talking a possible 1-2 point difference over anywhere from 50-100s of stamina :/

#993619 Epics True Value

Posted by goolsby7 on 19 August 2018 - 07:04 in Game Content

I mean who buys a bladed war gauntlet while he can get an oggy for 30 FSPs. I doubt that if not Oggys are rumored to be tiered, they would of been for 8 FSPs ... Inventors have hoarded alot of them to begin with..

Bladed war gauntlets are actually decently statted, and have both higher stam and exp gain :/ so their still worth it for their level. oggys may be cheaper, but for the exp gain and larger stam pool the the hydra gauntlets, they are still better XD 

and so what if inventors are hoarding them, its a titan that can be hunted, so any-guild can work towards making their own tiered if one ever comes out lol

#993608 Epics True Value

Posted by goolsby7 on 18 August 2018 - 22:22 in Game Content

So Epics are one of the ways to increase stamina gain after maxing Stam gain upgrades. And there are several ways to get Epics. Either inventing them from RP or Titan Drops.

For one way or another Epics dropped are what make a Titan worth hunting or not. Also it what makes RP worth Gathering or not.

So Epics value indirectly controls the flow of the game. Oggys might be tiered so everyone hunts them and hoards them. Milk makes Cow epics so everyone hunts the cow.

I have an idea here I want to share. Am 100% sure that many of you thought of it too.

Why not make all aspects of the game useable to invent any and all Epic items. But change the percentage of the reliance of each item on each aspect.

I mean Each Epic would need an item dropped by a Titan , one or more items from RP , one or more items from arena, might need a recourse/ore to be farmed from mobs/legendary creatures that can be always there or might be seasonal.
Ofc. That will have no affect on the current epics. Wee are just changing the way people can get Epics , the game is flooded with them. I do understand that tiering should be a way to raise the value of Titan Epics but still Titan Epics are killing other game Epics.

Here are some Examples for Clearification:-

Oggys Gloves
X1 Oggys Heart X1 RP Gorgon Tears X100 Arena Tokens(item) X300 Magma Ore components farmed at a certain area from a certain mob. X10 Ladder Tokens item

Invader Boots
X1 Invader Skin X1 RP Skull X20 Arena Tokens X400 Shadow Orbs components. X20 Ladder Tokens items

Fuv. Rune
X1 Bottled Titan Storm (Bought from Guild TKP) X1 Fang X180 Arena Tokens X15 Ladder Tokens Items.

As far as current titans, i dont see this ever happening. They are meant to be hunted if you want that specific epic. As far as the idea, i can see this working for future epics, HOWEVER: i dont see many more new epics in the near future. I made a post ages ago about inventing for titan epics, and i believe it sparked the thought of the hunted cows milk XD

Those were just examples I could think of. Of course some people would suggest using several current Epics from RP and Titans to make new better Epics... It won't give the same out come I believe. I want to use this to revive the dead ladder. The Gvg where people don't even care to fight back rather just buffing themselves unbreakable, not to mention some of the big guilds do not even care about whether their guild won or lost. Inventing have been way way down. I rarely see any one farming for inventing like before. Of course farming for composing is available but I doubt it's as farming for inventing, using components and those non useable component slots people have empty...

As far as GVG, if they dont care about defending, then they dont care about gvg lol. the higher ranked guilds in gvg actually defend./attack when needed. sure, gvg is dieng out other then a chunk of guilds, but i dont think this will help much. Maybe some new recipes that use the guild RP items, but theres not to much more that gvg can do until the big revamp everyone has been wanting for ages.  and as far as inventing and farming said resources, i touched on that a bit in my potions need some love post lol

#993595 Balancing Arena Spawns

Posted by goolsby7 on 18 August 2018 - 04:44 in General Discussion

We need MORE arena activity.  Any limitations, including bands, would decrease already low activity.  Just the other day I won an arena I can't remember entering.  It had to be a DQ, but that was weeks ago.  When arenas take ages to fill, it mostly means activity is at a minimum at best.   Randomization was supposed to be good for the arena, but it leaves lower to mid levels wanting for something to enter much of the time.   

The novice arenas should be reworked to include prizes other than moves, since moves can be bought with tokens....  Maybe just make it tokens only?   

I can see where your going, but i think we still need to find a way to make the spawns not so high end focused level wise. *edit* or at least it appears to be lol *edit*

and i agree with novice arenas. having had arena moves before it was released, ive never been able to finish out them XD the novice arenas capping at 50 is fine, but i definitely agree that it needs reworking and new rewards as well. 

#993594 Potions need a little love

Posted by goolsby7 on 18 August 2018 - 04:38 in Game Content

Would be great if there was a potion for Rage ... And a higher Inventing Keen Edge Potion. I think Attack stats need an extra buff. It's hard to boost it and Dispel Curse is a Nightmare , not to mention, strategic buffs drains it like NMV and SC X.x

Thats the entire point of those buffs, you even said it was strategic yourself lol. and badpenny is right, we have a high enough KE through composing, we've no real need for a new higher tier invented pot for one.

#993591 Balancing Arena Spawns

Posted by goolsby7 on 17 August 2018 - 22:17 in General Discussion

Arena doesn't increase gold. The gold tournaments sink more overall than they pay out. Increasing gold tournaments in the arena is an effective gold sink.

100% against restraining anyone from entering arenas. This just decreases activity. So many already disillusioned with things at present adding a whole load more people to that isn't wise. Anyone should be able to participate when they wan't to. 

I agree with epic and SS. If the number of arenas was simply increased to match the amount of levels we now have it would be a simple fix. Or just add 20 or 30 more arenas into the game that is specific to 1 - 500. Not replacing any existing range. No need to break what isn't broken. :)

Much here agree with i do.

Perhaps we could have a sort of bracket system in place? Think of it kind of like pvp band in a way. So many arenas for each level range, but without the restrictions. So say, 1-250, 251-500, 501-1000, 1001-2000, 2001-4000 or something like that, so that each range has X arena slots that it can have. would prevent the massive build up of 2k+ arenas that keep a lot of lower levels discouraged (imo)

#993574 Balancing Arena Spawns

Posted by goolsby7 on 17 August 2018 - 00:46 in General Discussion

Reminiscing in my ole mind of mine i remembered a day when the arena was out of 1200 levels and it was pretty balanced in terms of arenas spawning under 200-300 and 1000-1200. Would it be to much to ask for to guarentee a certain amount of arenas to spawn 500-, 1000-1500, 2000-2500 then 2500-EOC? Anyone else support this? I miss the days of low level arenas... The gear repertoire is the most unique in most all of the levels.

We used to have 50-70 arenas spawned at once with a 1200 level range now we have the same thing with ~4000 level range. the solution might be increasing the number of arena spawns by 3 fold. So instead of 50-60 active arenas have 150-180 active arenas.

I 100% support this!

90% of the arenas that are usually out tend to be in the 1100+ range, and 80% of those are 2k+ (just throwing out guesses here based on what i've seen in the arena).

now i know, Grim, Youll probably say we have the novice arenas. . . but once you have all your combat moves you cant play in there any more lol! Having more chances for lower levels to get into the MAIN arena area would be good for those actual low level players and higher alike! Might even bring some extra value to some of the older low level sets lol. I know my lv 50 setup isnt super cheap, but nor is it expensive :P used to win a good bit of the time with it back when lv 50's showed up XD

Im sure someone will point at my level and say "but you can get into those higher arenas". Yes. Yes i can. BUT the lower level arenas are a lot of fun, you have more gear to think about, you have to think "what if" much more often then "did i have enough attack with my def to still be able to maybe hit someone" lol. sure some people use armor setups in the range i was playing in a few moths agi, but def was more common.

the lower levels were a lot more open to surprise in that sense imo. :P

#993573 Potions need a little love

Posted by goolsby7 on 17 August 2018 - 00:37 in Game Content

Sure. I've tried a few things to try and bring gear back. Needs more work. However, pushing invented potions buff level above composing is not the way to fix things. It just makes composing less interesting.

~ Grim

Understandable Grim, tis why it was simply just an idea :P I just miss inventing is all :3 most of what i have to look forward to now is arena inventing (gear specifically) but that's so time consuming and even has a smidgen of luck thrown in when the arena is concerned .3. but that's a whole other topic lol.

Another idea that just popped into my head grim:

maybe, maybe, there could be a sort of small npc-sell feature for inventing certain potions?

Hear me out for a second before you crush my wee dreams lol.

an example, say a potion of bookworm with the ingredients above, the bought resources (on 100% extract) come up to about 10k. so say you could sell it to a specific shop somewhere in a realm that would pay you 15k for said potion. [i]if you were successful on extracting the amber plants on your first try this would be a net gain of 5k gold. This isnt a lot, and the extract rates mean its not always a guarantee. take into account stamina usage and extract rates for other resources, and it wouldnt be a massive gold gain, but perhaps a way to get people who dont invent often more into the idea than a daily quest that people spam mystic pickaxes for XD

Now if this idea gets a bit more leeway, the potion prices at the vendor of choice who buys them (or even one of the brothers in the mountains) would reflect on how many components and their rarity, the example above was taking into consideration purchasable plants nothing to pricey,, but enough to be tempting :D

On that note, can we have an inventor medal like composing has TTATT 

#993572 Bound fsp

Posted by goolsby7 on 17 August 2018 - 00:22 in Game Content

you have 2500 levels of content ahead of you.

eoc has none.

how much more content do you need? how much more do they have to pay you to play?

Its not about content for us, its about a few things to keep people interested in the early levels so that they don't just get on for two or three days then never again as i've seen happen so much over the years. sure this isn't a game for everyone, but perhaps the mentor system *wink wink Grim nudge nudge* could help out with even if its has a few more bones then it has now XD

#993548 composing - skill tree - eoc content

Posted by goolsby7 on 16 August 2018 - 05:30 in Game Content

Also it will be amazing if we get all power transfer buffs in the Composed Skill tree.

A buff that transfer armor to damage or defense to attack.

Those stuff are pretty tactical and nice to have.

If, and thats a big IF, we get any more buffs added to composing, it may be less than a handful of buffs from the current skill tree, but id rather see new buffs exclusive to composing. and while the buffs you mentioned are indeed useful, we can get them from a good number of global chests at high levels

#993547 Deflect in Ladder combat

Posted by goolsby7 on 16 August 2018 - 05:28 in Game Content

The other who just wait until he assumes ladder is about to reset then starts attacking isn't as worthy as the one who defended the first spot for too long.

This, i do not believe to be true IMO. That is a valid strategy. Sure, you can endlessly buy/receive buffs and sit on top, or you can bide your time and plot a cunning sneak attack. Either is valid in my eyes. And Deflect is in a way a counter to such a strategy, even with anti-deflect.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: