mikkyld's Content

There have been 23 items by mikkyld (Search limited from 27-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#852210 Rise of the Wraiths (Global Event)

Posted by mikkyld on 28 February 2014 - 19:59 in General Discussion

Well, we don't wanna run the same potions all the time and there's a limit to the number of Uber Potions we wanna create. These can be run more frequently, helping Composers and allowing GE Medals to actually be achievable.

It is cool that you do different stuff and i am sure composers like the idea but I suspect there is a flaw  in that most people arent composers, or at least most I've talked to are not serious about composing, so I suspect reaching global targets might be a bit difficult

Not the case of course if the sellable chests have value :)

#841944 Game Update v2.39

Posted by mikkyld on 17 January 2014 - 19:36 in General Discussion

+BigGrim

Allowing people to cancel their requests as long as they have not been provided and establishing a method showing whether the buffers are fully sustained and/or have reinforce or extend on should handle all the issues.

You could have automation or not as long as the buyer knows what he/she is getting and can cancel if it takes too dam long.

#841941 Game Update v2.39

Posted by mikkyld on 17 January 2014 - 19:30 in General Discussion

While i still prefer the buff-marketplace suggested here:
http://forums.hunted...e=6#entry836044

As a compromise:
* Buff-buyer puts up his buff request in buff-marketplace with a gold/fsp price. Buff-buyer sets minimum buff level. Gold/fsp needed to pay for the buff has to be on hand, else the buff request is auto canceled. Buff requests only last for something like 30-60 minutes as max.

* Buff-seller browses through buff-requests. Picks the buff request that pays enough. Customer is buffed, gold/fsp is transferred "in hand". No extra confirmation is needed.

* As Extra/when time: Filter so the buff-seller only sees buff requests for which he has the required buff. Templates for buff requests (for the buff-buyer).

The above is again in order to keep things simple. So there would not be a "buffs offered" for buff-sellers. It would cope with the problem of buff-sellers being on auto-refresh. Buff-sellers would still have to be online. For buff packs the buff-sellers have to be contacted directly = not by buff-marketplace.

so you order one set of buffs fromA and others from B and C

a responds so you are ready to hunt but 30-60 minutes later you dont have the full package

waiting 30-60 minutes is so not going to happen with anyone ready to hunt

the (very) simple solution to the wait and even to the double paying is to allow the requester to cancel his/her request at any point before it is actually accomplished. 30 seconds 30 minutes - whatever

#841940 Game Update v2.39

Posted by mikkyld on 17 January 2014 - 19:27 in General Discussion

- ADD an option to cancel a request.
  Players can cancel before sending another request, so no more double-pay complaints.

this

Really make profit?! I doubt I make that when i buff. Buff its up to the buyer, not the seller to determine the profit.

you certainly make a profit if you get paid and dont have to use any stamina

stop being deliberately obtuse please

#821756 Server Issues

Posted by mikkyld on 21 November 2013 - 22:44 in General Discussion

I have had - quite randomly it seems - run into a notice that I cant access FS which comes from cloudflare and says it is temporary and allows me to click through it to reach FS. Is this something to expect from now on? Or an anomaly?

#811910 Composing!

Posted by mikkyld on 18 September 2013 - 00:27 in General Discussion

I'm doing both. Dropping down for commons and spending a small fortune on rares and uniques to the very willing lowbies.

? you don't need to drop down at level 1112, do you?

#811909 Composing!

Posted by mikkyld on 18 September 2013 - 00:25 in General Discussion

And from the reaction of most posts, can we agree that 1600+ers) are enormously peaved at EITHER RELYING ON THE FARMING PRICES OF LOWBIES, or FARMING THEMSELVES?

well speaking for this 1600 er I would only be peeved at misspelled words despite the existence of spellcheck

Oh and not having the choice of either hunting items while I level OR paying for them if I would prefer that approach. I don't have the choice that everyone below 1600 has.

Now if Grim got rid of ALL the commons except for, say, level 1-5, then I would not even object, since that would make it equal for nearly everyone.

#811908 Composing!

Posted by mikkyld on 18 September 2013 - 00:19 in General Discussion

Been keeping up on this and have to ask a couple things.

I see where there are gaps in areas that have no commons,,, what is dropped there? If its all quest items or a something like that then yes a creature that drops it or a common drop needs added there. 

If its a realm full of champions, elite or etc like they did with the spiders then no you are actually lucky to have a realm of champs and can just move a bit lower if you need commons.

the rat thing,,, confused me,, was someone mocked for doing this achievement?  Because we been helping the places we stay at with this while farming items and so (insert quote to brush off haters here,, ours is against ToS to post here XD)

If its a lack of vermin choices,,, yea there are a couple but as with everything else nobody forced anyone to do it. 

Finally if this is a issue of gear and its availablility,,,, well I argued one part of composing I didnt think was a very good idea and because of that extra bit some things had to be changed, some stuff not included in events and other stuff put in thats balancing this,,, if people didnt want to HAVE to hunt rats for items perhaps its time to petition a removal of things that make it too easy and too rewarding to hunt commons at 1500??

I am actually delighted with how its turning out and the balance that shows just how much time and effort they put into this and I think its,,, for the most part since again I am not familiar with the higher places and there could be a few places more items need added to,, its working great!!!

there are 13 total non quest/resource items from 1601 to 1700 per guide and I think only one of those is common.

#811862 Composing!

Posted by mikkyld on 17 September 2013 - 18:39 in General Discussion

Question:

Answer:

Reply to my answer:

I'm sorry mate but I only answered your original question as I saw fit. I can't see how you can say it was pertinent to me and my own benefit only. When you said " some purpose " I took that as being anything within the game.

Cheers.

wil72

I responded to your first post which clearly took EOC players to task for not voluntarily using their stam to hunt hundreds of levels below them.

then when you went another way I made it more specific and you didn't addrees my point then either. Unlike doom who seems to see you as an adversary, I will just ignore anything you say since you are clearly incapable of real discussion.

sorry mate

#811847 Composing!

Posted by mikkyld on 17 September 2013 - 17:38 in General Discussion

Two spring to mind, Unstoppable and Exterminator, Guild Achievements. And I did burn my stam on Unstoppable killing rats. Meant zero Kill Streak bursts plus that vermin smashing counted towards Exterminator. So aye, I was " ok " with burning my stam killing rats on those 2 new additions.

Cheers.

wil72

not the same thing at all since you were doing this for your guild - I concur with that. Obviously the question I asked was pertinent to something good YOU wanted to do for yourself and which everyone else could do at whatever level they were at, but YOU could not do without dropping back a hundred levels or more. A bit different I think

#811692 Composing!

Posted by mikkyld on 16 September 2013 - 00:39 in General Discussion

I'm afraid I disagree mate. When you say " higher levels " do you mean EOC or near EOC? If so these players tend to have a lot of time on their hands as they wait for new content to be released. EOC players are usually those that have played the game a fair number of years and due to this have built up a substantial stam bank. Yes, this can be used to Titan hunt, PvP or GvG but these aren't going to make a huge dent into some EOC stams. I understand that " on paper " it looks unfair that EOC players can't get certain drops from the mobs they hunt at their level. But are they at disadvantage? No, why? Because they do have the ability to hunt at lower levels, burn lots and lots of stam and get ubber amounts of drops and frags. If they were unable to hunt in lower realms then yes it would be a disadvantage. So with this in mind I hope BigGrim does not change his stance with regard to new content.

Cheers.

wil72

so you would be OK if the game added something and then told you that you'd have to use your stamina to hunt rats for some purpose, you'd be OK with that?  Somehow I doubt it - at least not when most of the players of the game can accomplish the same need at their own hunting level.

from 1601 to 1700 the FSG shows 13 items dropped total - in a game world without composing, that is certainly acceptable but where you have a use for those items, it does matter and I agree that the cows should reconsider.

#811598 Composing!

Posted by mikkyld on 15 September 2013 - 16:12 in General Discussion

your wrong because when you actually do go and level you can use the drops you gain from leveling to make your potion.. also drop rate is more 7.5% on most critters..and at your level the items would break down to 4 frags barring that do as others do and buy the drops.. because in time the potions will out do the buffs.

you are right that his calculations are flawed but I fear the conclusion is correct - low level compositions are not worth the time and effort. Sadly I think that higher level potions will take a really long time to arrive and unfortunately cannot be sold/bought, meaning that the hope of having useful potions anytime soon is mostly snake oil.

of course I am still plodding away just to see what is what but my hopes for something truly useful are fading as I plod.

Oh and if you are in the 1600's don't count on getting many items to replenish your stock - the guide shows 13 non quest/component items between 1601 and 1700 :)

#811466 Composing!

Posted by mikkyld on 13 September 2013 - 23:31 in General Discussion

Being able to buy one - gold or fsp upgrade - and earn one (level n) to a max of 2 extra potions seems a reasonable choice to me.

I do think the upgrade should be fairly expensive - say the level of extra deposits.

I also like the idea of queuing potions but note that this could result in more XP than being allowed to buy more at a time. I'd be happy to queue 16 hour and a half potions and come back the next day to do it again :)

#811102 Composing!

Posted by mikkyld on 10 September 2013 - 17:17 in General Discussion

Carrying on with the 30XP gain at skill level 108 and duration 108:

1 skill 108 = 24 common and 12 rare

2 equal skill 54 = 24 common and 8 rare

3 equal skills 36 = 24 common

Strangely the number of fragments goes down though the same total skill and duration is used.

Then it gets weirder:

4 equal skills of 27 = 32 common and

3 non equal skills - I used 1 @ 100 and 2 @ 4 - with 108 duration actually costs more than a single skill, coming in at 28 common and 12 rare

Not sure what in the various formulae explains this but...

#811100 Composing!

Posted by mikkyld on 10 September 2013 - 15:45 in General Discussion

The following are the minimum values to set for Total Skill Points and Duration for the corresponding Composing XP:

Composing XP | Total Skill Points | Duration (mins)

10                         1                            1

20                         54                          54

30                         108                        108

40                         161                        161

50                         215                        215

60                         268                        268

70                         501                        300 (max)

80                         1001                      300 (max)

90                         1501                      300 (max)

100                       2001                      300 (max)

To save on fragments, distribute your Total Skill Points across the maximum number of buffs allowed for your level. This will result in lesser fragments spent and possibly prevent spending of higher-level fragments (basically Unique and above). As you can see from the table, it isn't worthwhile to gun for Composing XP of 70 or higher (60 is actually pushing it) because you'll be spending an insane amount of fragments as well as spend your more important/higher-level ones. This is because the duration is capped at 300 min so you'll have to compensate the increase in Composing XP by using up your more valuable fragments. Ideally you'd want to use only Common and Rare fragments to level.

as further confirmation, earlier I noted that a pot with 2 level 54 skills cost less than a single 108 with the same 108 duration. at level 2 I saw that 3 level 36 skills with duration 108 was even cheaper, using just 24 common items. Since it takes 2 hr 40 min, that may be a competitor to fastest way to level as well

#810895 Composing!

Posted by mikkyld on 09 September 2013 - 17:00 in General Discussion

Also if you need other times if you arent gonna be away that long.

For 30 xp use 108 skill points and 108 min

For 40 xp use 161 skill points and 161 min

For 50 xp use 215 skill points and 215 min

hope that helps, time differs for what composing level you are on, the higher composing level the faster it goes:)

Let me add that doing 2 skills of 54 each (108 total) with 108 duration costs fewer fragments than 1 skill of 108 @ 108.

Also for those who are constantly on - I have done many AL1 30 duration pots that take about an hour and which cost just a single common item, making them the most cost efficient I believe. I even find myself instantly finishing some of these since that also is fairly cheap to do as long as you do not do it too often.

#810760 Composing!

Posted by mikkyld on 08 September 2013 - 20:09 in General Discussion

30 is right. You get (120/60 + 120/500) which rounds up to 3, then multiply by 10

so it is a round up effect - interesting. i would not have expected 2.04 to round up :)

#810743 Composing!

Posted by mikkyld on 08 September 2013 - 17:32 in General Discussion

perhaps I am reading the formula wrong or doing the math wrong or maybe even there is a round up effect but I did a 120 al pot with 120 duration which should result in 20 xp by hoof's formula but I actually got 30 xp.

also does total in the formula mean you could do a 150 al 150 lf and have the plug-in number be 300?

#810624 Composing!

Posted by mikkyld on 07 September 2013 - 20:26 in General Discussion

Can we please stop the complaints? Lets think it from a new player point of view. The ability to create LF potions is wonderfull for them. For the cost of some shards (left over items, he will have plentifull) he can make an potion that will cost him a fortune if he needs to buy it. Yes, the LF150 is worthless for the higher level people but NOT for the newish player.

Composing is meant to be an skill your master during your playing time. That means that current players needs to work through the levels and thats boring, but okay that will always happen if you add new features to the game that are meant to be played from the start.

I would love to be able to quene some more potions but at this is a work in progress, I am not complaining. I am happy with the current system and I am looking forward to some finetuming.

Actually I disagree - al 175 is cheaper in time, gold and effort for new members to just buy it - not to mention most every guild gives it free to their members. To some it would be wonderful - those who like brewing for sure, for example - but not to all.

It would be fine if it started at, say, 175 level AL and worked up from there. That would make it useful for everyone to some degree and not be quite as long-winded or expensive way to get to "useful" potions for higher levels. After all, you have to go up levels to add new buffs to your ability to brew. Taking time, gold and effort to grow additional buffs makes sense to me but it should start at a more useful level in my view.

Then - as has been suggested earlier - a way to do more potions at one time from either fsp or gold upgrade is a great idea. Not many though - maybe 2 expensive upgrades like bank deposits.

#802223 Development Roadmap

Posted by mikkyld on 25 July 2013 - 17:24 in General Discussion

Requests for UFSG:
 - if a creature requires a certain item equipped to attack, list it and put a link to it
 - if a realm requires progress in a quest, have a link to the quest and which step you have to progress to
 - links on item pages to what recipes they are used in

Yes to these but also if a quest requires completion of an earlier quest show that in guide with a link to previous (and later?) quests.

#790601 Global Event - Zombie Yeomen II

Posted by mikkyld on 22 May 2013 - 22:58 in General Discussion

Why, because someone thinks we'll not get the top reward, should the cows lower the bar ? - if we're not prepared to put in the effort for it, then why should they think "hmmm, let's make it easier"

I know they've lowered the bar on some (the first couple, I think?) - but they should (as they have done recently) set the target and LEAVE IT ...

If we don't achieve the top reward then that's OUR fault, not theirs. The target is achievable, it's some folks attitude to the event that makes it more difficult. 

At the moment, 60 hrs in, we're on 9 million kills - if that carries on at the same rate, we'll just make CRYSTAL (as has already been stated).

2 x Padded Noble chests for 5K kills (which is all a lot of folk have done I suspect) isn't a bad reward at all.

As I've stated earlier in the thread - there needs to be an incentive (other than the 2nd medal) for finishing in the top 100 - this, I think, would make folk dip into their stam banks more.

http://forums.hunted...e=3#entry790220 (my previous post outlining the rewards)

I agree that whatever bonus rewards they offer the community is a ™ good thing; however, it is clear that there are fewer people actually playing and the goal to reach the reward is going up. Having the reward decrease as the same time seems likely to reduce interest in achieving the goal in the first place, no? It is no doubt a fine line for HCS to achieve - I just offer my opinion that they went over it a bit.

I

#790566 Global Event - Zombie Yeomen II

Posted by mikkyld on 22 May 2013 - 21:04 in General Discussion

We reached 17.5 million last time and went above and beyond the first Ruby tier. They just adjusted the tiers so that they do not have to create another tier again like last year... they are already busy enough coding Composing.

actually we made 17.2M not 17.5 and only needed 15M to get 4 chests, along with 4k per person. as noted, there appear to be fewer people actually participating this time around to boot.

even though I rarely hunt any more, I will be doing more than my 5k share if I find the time but...

#780513 Zorgrom Vs Shroud Global Event

Posted by mikkyld on 04 March 2013 - 16:54 in General Discussion

thats a GREAT event - pity the rewards aren't accordingly.... :/

The rewards are the same as the first time this event came out.

However, the amount of kills needed is nowhere near the same. 4 times as many kills just for the basic reward. The rewards for global events after that first one all got better (maybe too good, for sure but...) as the requirements went up. Now you have the weakest reward with the highest requirement.

I have not been using all my stamina lately but see no need to waste it for these rewards regardless. Perhaps if the reward were not bound and I could give it to a guild mate, I'd reconsider but that is not going to happen, I know (maybe bound to a guild?).

Upgrade the reward to a more normal global reward or downgrade the individual requirement to what it was when this event first came out - 250 total to qualify. My $.02

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: