Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2012 - 21:52

We've just fixed several bugs - here are the patch notes for this latest update :)

- Fixed an issue with potions that applied the Mastersmith buff not being consumed after being used (instead a message was shown that the potion gave no benefit even though it took effect).

- Fixed an issue with the max stamina sometimes showing incorrectly on the guild members tooltip.

- Fixed an issue with player profiles being cached which meant stats affected by skills were displayed incorrectly. Note this also caused an issue with Cloak hiding stats / equipment longer than the buff duration.

- Fixed an issue with not being able to accept bounties on a player when a currently active bounty you have accepted on the same player has expired.

- Fixed an issue with the Unbreakable skill whereby it would still protect Crystalline items when activated at level 200+ (Crystalline items always have at least a 1% chance to lose durability during combat).

- Fixed an issue with First Strike not displaying in combat when it activated.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:20

interesting with the crystallines since a lot of hunt setups are cryst based now , although many of them are not expensive....

Could you please clarify how that will work with Disarm and Breaker enhancements that some creatures have?
If I am not wrong Erosion should then have a small chance to get a cryst down to 1 dura in pvp??

#3 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:24

interesting with the crystallines since a lot of hunt setups are cryst based now , although many of them are not expensive....

Could you please clarify how that will work with Disarm and Breaker enhancements that some creatures have?
If I am not wrong Erosion should then have a small chance to get a cryst down to 1 dura in pvp??

I don't understand why erosion was prevented from working on crystalline in the first place ?

#4 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:28

Breaker works as normal as it just increases the chance that items will take durability damage.

Disarm and Erosion have no effect vs. Crystalline items.

#5 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:29

I don't understand why erosion was prevented from working on crystalline in the first place ?

Many players wouldnt use crystal to pvp against erosion due to the simple fact one buff could destroy it. Not to mention using cursed buffs while wearing crystal was impossible due high risk erosion kick on the gear. ( cursed buffs means double dura damage and 0 ub %)

Speaking from experience and what I have witnessed from other pvprs, Crystal is being used ALOT more and with cursed buffs, meaning it IS still breaking. No need for a FF perfect item to be destroyed in one shot, thats just crazy.

#6 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:32

Many players wouldnt use crystal to pvp against erosion due to the simple fact one buff could destroy it. Not to mention using cursed buffs while wearing crystal was impossible due high risk erosion kick on the gear. ( cursed buffs means double dura damage and 0 ub %)

Speaking from experience and what I have witnessed from other pvprs, Crystal is being used ALOT more and with cursed buffs, meaning it IS still breaking. No need for a FF perfect item to be destroyed in one shot, thats just crazy.

Not at all, it's a players choice to wear it after all ... But, Hoof has decided that it won't work on crystal, so that's that :)

#7 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:34

Not at all, it's a players choice to wear it after all ... But, Hoof has decided that it won't work on crystal, so that's that :)

It's not something we've changed in this update - It's worked like that for ages... :)

#8 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:39

It's not something we've changed in this update - It's worked like that for ages... :)

Yeah, I know - but I don't understand why it worked that way - No biggy tho, was just responding to Celendais' post regarding it :)

#9 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 23:18

Thanks for the updates! I was wondering how long we'd get away with the non-chipping of crystal!

#10 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 August 2012 - 00:14

8) Thanks for the fixes! :)

#11 fs_beyonder

fs_beyonder
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:24

just to comment on the crystalline update. the 1% chance seems working per piece so this means if you are using 9 crystallines you have 9% chance to lose 1 durability (minimum) per hit. to give you other bad news, a guidemate of mine reported to me that while he was hunting, the crystallines loses 1 durability per 3 hits, that is he was using 4 crystalines (volkers and fire fur) and UB200.

#12 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:29

Looks like this update made it useless to forge Crystalline gear again, 15 damage per item from 1 hunt.... :x

#13 pix200

pix200

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:34

just to comment on the crystalline update. the 1% chance seems working per piece so this means if you are using 9 crystallines you have 9% chance to lose 1 durability (minimum) per hit. to give you other bad news, a guidemate of mine reported to me that while he was hunting, the crystallines loses 1 durability per 3 hits, that is he was using 4 crystalines (volkers and fire fur) and UB200.

Looks like this update made it useless to forge Crystalline gear again, 15 damage per item from 1 hunt.... :x

+1

#14 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:41

Just means we would need more frequent spine events :) Nothing wrong with spine breaking.

Its_supposed_to

#15 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:42

Just means we would need more frequent spine events :) Nothing wrong with spine breaking.

Its_supposed_to

So erosion should work on it ;)

#16 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:47

Its_supposed_to

Nope, we debated that. Breaking over time and being destroyed in ONE hit, is very different.

Hoof even directly addressed you. Or have you forgotten?

#17 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:49

Its_supposed_to

Perhaps you should look up BG's reason for why it is not going to work on Crystalline. He made it very clear when the change was initially made on the forums.

#18 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:57

Its_supposed_to

Nope, we debated that. Breaking over time and being destroyed in ONE hit, is very different.

Hoof even directly addressed you. Or have you forgotten?

Not at all - but all he said was, it's always worked that way. I doubt it'll get changed tho ..

#19 fs_razoreye

fs_razoreye
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:48

Exactly :(

Slightly under 40k stamina hunt with DBL 1.5k and UB219 made me loose durability on Electro Chomper Helm from 160/160 to 145/160 and on Electro Chomper Armor from 160/160 to 133/160.

Didn't track damage done to Celestial Chomper, but it was something less, fortunately.

No, I didn't have cursed buffs running.

I agree that Crystalline should eventually broke, but currently the damage it's taking is absurd!

Fix your fix, please.

#20 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:31

Fix your fix, please.

1% chance is fine. If it results in more frequent Chomper Events, then everything is working as it ought to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: