38 replies to this topic

#1 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 21:49

Since there is an abundance of Writhing Wards and Scarab epics. I  would love to have a level 1600 Gnarled Scarab Amulet

Edited by vamunre, 29 October 2013 - 21:50.

#2 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 23:27

There already is a gnarled scarab amulet... Two of them going around would just be confusing.

#3 Versair

Versair

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:22

No thank you, people wanting profit is the reason why all these epics are as cheap as they are. Hopefully HCS stops giving in to these "merchants" and their requests.

Not saying you are among that group, but you mentioned price and I don't think the developers should put any time in to purposely manipulating the game market because players have sucked all the profit out a once profitable activity.

Edited by versair, 30 October 2013 - 01:25.

#4 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:31

Not saying you are among that group, but you mentioned price and I don't think the developers should put any time in to purposely manipulating the game market because players have sucked all the profit out a once profitable activity.

The prices dropped because of the huge supply of them. The supply and demand of those Epics is why the prices are decreasing.

And please don't say that merchants are the only profit-suckers here. Everyone wants a profit.

#5 Versair

Versair

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:03

The prices dropped because of the huge supply of them. The supply and demand of those Epics is why the prices are decreasing.

And please don't say that merchants are the only profit-suckers here. Everyone wants a profit.

I agree with you on the first 2 points.

Of course the self-styled merchants weren't the only ones to blame (I gathered up a fair amount of the items in question as well), but many of the same people who have been messaging me in game trying to sell countless numbers of spikes, amulets, and rings were some of the same names on here asking for the Horned Chomper to be released.

People asked for it to be released for profit, HCS gave in and now people feel the supply is too high so they are asking for another way to increase the fsps they can make. I guess I've played other games where people wanted the developers to affect the game economy as little as possible so I just don't understand why people keep asking for HCS to do things that will affect prices. They ask for one thing, they get it, then there's another problem again.

#6 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:14

People asked for it to be released for profit, HCS gave in and now people feel the supply is too high so they are asking for another way to increase the fsps they can make. I guess I've played other games where people wanted the developers to affect the game economy as little as possible so I just don't understand why people keep asking for HCS to do things that will affect prices. They ask for one thing, they get it, then there's another problem again.

Strictly speaking about the bigger picture, something has to be done to reduce the supply of these Epics. It will help the FS economy in the long run. And with this change, there will most likely be some that profit off it.

#7 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:08

So, for a lvl 150 fellow who will not buy any Scarab Epic now, but he gots a Javelin, he solded that Epic for 60-80FSPs, that's not profit for him too?
Same thing with the Hammer, and for those low lvls who farmed Linens (my case), or WW Resources.

Ok, agreed that merchants/inventors have more profit on that party, but everyone who wants to spend a little amount of stamina  can have a bite of that cake.

And everyone can have a cheap epic now, and I don't understand why that's bad at all. 
Now everyone will recharge stamina faster, spend more time on the game, etc.

I don't like the idea of paying 600+ FSPs to have +2 stamina gain only, now Epics are useless for everything else. So let the price of some epics drop, and we can have a fair price for everyone.

#8 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:06

There already is a gnarled scarab amulet... Two of them going around would just be confusing.

I will use  santork claws  as an example well we have Superior Santork Claws, Great Santork Claws, Upgraded Great Santork Claws, Santork ClawsUpgraded Santork Claws, Lesser Santork Claws, Upgraded Lesser Santork Claws.  How did we ever manage with those possibilities ???

#9 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:14

I care less about if the merchants gain greatly from this. I ask because, there is a frick ton of them and  last I checked the highest level ring is a Gnarled Scarab Amulet   highest level ring is a Gnarled Scarab Ring. combining 2 rings or amulets to make the upgraded or what ever HCS wants to call it would be nice. 700x 2 =1400 ring  or 800x2= 1600 amulet

#10 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:17

Nah. Bad idea.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#11 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 30 October 2013 - 13:12

Strictly speaking about the bigger picture, something has to be done to reduce the supply of these Epics. It will help the FS economy in the long run. And with this change, there will most likely be some that profit off it.

The very nature of a market and the way in which supply and demand works says it will balance itself out...

The fewer of an item there is, the more it costs because there is less to go around. It doesn't mean it is worth the price - just that you have to pay more if you want it because the supply is limited.

Now, the more of this item that is found/produced, the cheaper it gets until eventually the profit is so low that people stop making or hunting for them. At this point, there are plenty to go around and the price matches the value.

In time, pieces are lost or destroyed or people up and leave, taking stuff with them and the supply slowly dwindles.  That, plus new people arriving slowly increases demand and the cycle starts over.

This system works good.  It is not broken.  In fact, it benefits everyone accept those trying to gouge prices and make more money (which I will admit to participating in from time to time - it's all part of the system).

Who knows, maybe some time in the future, HCS will add the option to break down Epic gear in Composing which may help to lower supply and increase demand but personally, I don't see much need for this unless they plan on releasing a huge amount of epics...

#12 BakaEro

BakaEro

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 13:48

Actually anyone, whether they are merchants or not can hunt, and make the epics, how is that bad? and why complain that only merchants are profiting from it, every player can profit from it. If anything, merchants are on the losing side because you dont even have to buy it from a merchant. you can make it urself. 

I feel the people who are complaining and feel it is bad are players who bought the item before the event when they were selling for 500+ FSP and also the players who bought them before the chomper event for 300+ fsp. Those players are the one that are currently losing. Even merchants who tried to do that are the ones who are losing. 

A lot of the complaining atm i feel is because those players wanted to keep the price up to have a bigger profit. 

I think making the items more affordable was a good option, it allowed players who did not have 1000's of fsp to get some epic items. 

Also when this item was selling for 500+ fsp, most players did not want to buy it because who wants to pay 500 fsp for an item with 2 stamina gain? if you convert it to real dollars, you are paying more than $70 USD for just 2 stamina gain. That cost in no way matches the actual worth or value of a 2 stamina gain epic. If you want an epic to cost that much atleast improve the epic so that players get some value for their money. 

#13 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 16:51

just a little bump

#14 GFXGUYHALO

GFXGUYHALO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 20:48

Il would be awesome to make an epic out of Air Javelin and Blade Of Fire So it would make a Fire Javelin

halo2sig_zps13687e76.png

Check out my Graphics Shop:

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58996

#15 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 November 2013 - 22:31

there is a large amount of infreno hammers and steam work epics too

#16 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:48

I agree there are so many possibilities with the current state of epics being able to just double Items would be nice.

#17 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 18:28

Epic sets maybe could help.

#18 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 18:31

Also they could make Titans hold 3 or 4 different Epics, so the drop would be a surprise. We'd have more Epics and less "the same ever" like Inferno Hammer and WW

Edited by Lellarell, 10 November 2013 - 18:32.

#19 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 18:47

Epic sets maybe could help.

This will never happen, BG has said that every time its brought up.

Also they could make Titans hold 3 or 4 different Epics, so the drop would be a surprise. We'd have more Epics and less "the same ever" like Inferno Hammer and WW

This will not make any difference in the game, just drop the prices more since people will then have to pick and choose which Epics they want.. and that Epic will be the cheapest one with the best stam gain.

#20 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 November 2013 - 18:51

i dunno steamwork isn't epic in price but neither in stats because it gives no stamina and stam gain neither is the inferno hammer thus these deserve to be cheap i would even call them legendary instead of epic but that's my opinion

however the writhing ward and the gnarled epics had a huge price drop and they aren't that epic anymore and i do think that HCS should fix that i find 100 fsp for a WW a normal price but 20 fsp for a WW is just way too cheap now...

gnarled epics same idea and also became way too cheap so i actually would love to see some sort of level 1400-1800 epic fix for that  just don't let it be an armor piece :P maybe a gnarled scarab shield? that would drastically reduce the price if it is made with the ring + spike + amulet for an idea as long as the ring and amulet get used it's okay spikes still have to be used

and HCS please nerf inventor 1 and 2  peeps popping omacaz pots will invent way too much at once and flood the market too much with too much ease ...

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: