#1 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:43

Hi FS

Just wanted to find out if anyone GVGs much anymore.

The GVGers we have in FFS have pretty much given up for the following reasons
- Running several tabs in game doing several GVGs at a time killed their PCs since the update and pages wouldn't load so it got so slow it was impossible to do anymore <-- Main reason, not sure why the changes did this, but it did.
- 25 Kills limit per attacking guild player ruined their ability to just have a go when they wanted to

I have also seen many players either applying to the guild or just chatting in game as ex-GVGers as they just gave the GVG aspect they once enjoyed up since the update and started doing other things.

Is this the same across the game?

#2 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:12

And also the risk for initiating.
People used to initiate against us. Now that attacker severely punished on a draw, nobody initiate against us again since we always fight back.

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#3 donce4kill

donce4kill

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:41

GvG hasn't died. My guildmates are actively GvGing...5-7 conflicts everyday. I don't GvG for a long time but not because of new update. Actually I like GvG update, finally it's guild vs guild, not 1 player against guild.

#4 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:08

Our guild also runs close to 10 a week. We still have a lot initiate against us, we win some we lose some. The system seems to work just fine for us.

#5 Strykes

Strykes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:12

Nope , it's alive..

and it is now GvG , instead of PvG which is what it was...

if smaller guilds can do it, im sure FFS could muster 2 people together at the same time?

#6 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:31

Nope , it's alive..

and it is now GvG , instead of PvG which is what it was...

if smaller guilds can do it, im sure FFS could muster 2 people together at the same time?

You read my mind precisely.

#7 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:32

I'm sure FFS could muster 2 people together at the same time?

LoL we can't. Seriously.
It's a common misconception about ffs, that we are bunch of heavy gamers. On the contrary, most most of us only log in to either check stuff or hunt, and that's it. We are nothing but casual gamers, with an exception of 5-6 people who really play the game good. :lol:

#8 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:34

LoL we can't. Seriously.
It's a common misconception about ffs, that we are bunch of heavy gamers. On the contrary, most most of us only log in to either check stuff or hunt, and that's it. We are nothing but casual gamers, with an exception of 5-6 people who really play the game good. :lol:

Then I don't think as a guild you guys and gals are in a position to ask if GvG has died because none of you really participate in it. No offensive tones intended, just my Pov.

#9 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:35

just a minor correction.. by the reasoning here it is not GVG then it is now GVP as defenders need only 1.
further it was always GVG as it takes the whole guild to defend otherwise you can not win. try having your whole guild sit in nothing but epics and refuse to watch for hit or buff or anything see how many you win.

just my opinion

#10 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:50

just a minor correction.. by the reasoning here it is not GVG then it is now GVP as defenders need only 1.
further it was always GVG as it takes the whole guild to defend otherwise you can not win. try having your whole guild sit in nothing but epics and refuse to watch for hit or buff or anything see how many you win.

just my opinion

That's not what he's asking shads ;)

As for the OP, gvg is fine, and dandy. Fixing to do a tonne for our guild coming up soon. Shame there's no Xp Loss tho! :twisted: :mrgreen:

#11 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:52

Yes we are in a position to ask if GvG has died, because none of us really GvG again since the latest update ergo [latin] we have less knowledge than others, hence... nevermind :roll:

My main gripe with GvG is it's hard to do now, especially if you and your guildmates have our own timeline. And we're living on a different place of the world doesn't help either. That's why GvG change hurts me, and probably my guildmates, more than anybody else. :(

I can't ask my guildmate for not going that one step further to play the game. Most of them see this game as a ... well, game. Me included in fact. I just like the time when things are simpler. FS is moving toward heavier gameplay and longer playtime. I'm not sure I like it.

#12 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:55

My main gripe with GvG is it's hard to do now, especially if you and your guildmates have our own timeline. And we're living on a different place of the world doesn't help either. That's why GvG change hurts me, and probably my guildmates, more than anybody else. :(

I can't ask my guildmate for not going that one step further to play the game.

That's why some guilds will excel at teamwork, while others won't as much. GvG requires more coordination now. Some players will work well together, regardless of where they are from, live etc. They dedicate themselves to the gvg aspect and do well in that regard :)

#13 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:57

just my opinion

That's not what he's asking shads ;)

As for the OP, gvg is fine, and dandy. Fixing to do a tonne for our guild coming up soon. Shame there's no Xp Loss tho! :twisted: :mrgreen:

lol i wasnt clear on this sorry my post was directed at the people posting saying it was finally GVG, not at the OP

#14 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:11

LoL we can't. Seriously.

Speak for yourself Denyza

#15 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:14

- Running several tabs in game doing several GVGs at a time killed their PCs since the update and pages wouldn't load so it got so slow it was impossible to do anymore <-- Main reason, not sure why the changes did this, but it did.

I am glad to see GVG is alive and kicking still :)

The above post is something the main GVGer in FFS had an issue with, has anyone else has this issue?

Running several tabs at once made the game lag very badly and was unplayable.

#16 Strykes

Strykes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:26

just my opinion

Sure , when it comes to hitting back , however your defence is your entire guild.... whether it be ensuring they have gear to defend, or watching and buffing up guildmates getting hit...... the defending has always been a team effort....

#17 Strykes

Strykes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:28

Oldskool , i did one the other day , and used multiple tabs with no issues...

I use Chrome.

Sometimes though , especially when i was titan hunting , my game would start lagging , and i found that disabling FShelper made the problem go away...

Tell him/her to try that for while busy....

#18 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:32

Thanks Strykes

Using Chrome and disabling FSHelper was tried and didn't make a difference.

#19 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 16:04

how many and what kind of processors do they have? FS takes more CPU power nowadays.

#20 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:10

just my opinion

Sure , when it comes to hitting back , however your defence is your entire guild.... whether it be ensuring they have gear to defend, or watching and buffing up guildmates getting hit...... the defending has always been a team effort....

ok... so i think i finally get it.... the offensive end of GVG is the only part of GVG that counts and the defensive end isnt really GVG its like neverland, some made up place that isnt really there.... so much clearer now...

sorry but after seeing soooo many comments about what is and isnt "team effort" cant help but be a little sarcastic on it...

Edit- sarcasm wasnt directed at you just in general to the whole view of GVG on the forums any more. no real disrespect intended.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: