• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:13

Another great guild has been destroyed. Skevin posted in the shoutbox that he would pay people who joined the guild and then clicked yes on the mutiny and then left. After he received 80% of the vote he immediately kicked everyone and is auctioning off the gear and started to un-tag guild gear and epics he was wearing. The whole guild was not inactive and he did it while a few of the leaders were away.

Please HCS do something about this. This is a huge concern for any guild knowing that one person can take it over so easily.

RIP Team Cross!

Rasputin17.jpg 

#2 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:40

This is a surprise. SKevin isn't exactly a lovable guy.

Edit: *isn't a surprise*

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#3 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:46

SKevin lost 38467 experience.
SKevin lost 11 gold of which rebtex stole 9 gold
rebtex gained 10 PvP Prestige.

He can expect those hourly. :D

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#4 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:47

Wow.. how lame.

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#5 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:08

sadly this is allowed by game mechanics:( Wonder what will happen if anything at all.

#6 Whammies

Whammies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:12

If anyone needs a place(guild) to stay during this time msg one of my guildmates and you can hang with us for now. until hopefully this gets sorted out. punks like him need to be banned. what a prick

#7 dory364

dory364

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:22

What do I expect HCS to do? Remove this for unwanted attention, which is a shame. The fact that he did this and more than likely nothing will happen is just awful.

#8 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:33

What do I expect HCS to do? Remove this for unwanted attention, which is a shame. The fact that he did this and more than likely nothing will happen is just awful.

Very true

The only thing they can do is adjust the system so that these type of takeovers of guilds cannot happen so easily.

Hopefully we can nip this soon before it happens again.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#9 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:37

Meh.
No need for any adjustment.

This is just yet another example of handing over too many power on random person. Why would anyone give anything more than storing/recalling gears to a total stranger is beyond me. Had he not have the privilege to accept member, this would not happen.

It's not like I'm saying that what he didn't do anything wrong. I'm just saying that the blame are not entirely his. The current security setting is fine as it is.

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#10 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:39

Meh.

This is just yet another example of handing over too many power on random person. Why would anyone give anything more than storing/recalling gears to a total stranger is beyond me. Had he not have the privilege to accept member, this would not happen.

It's not like I'm saying that what he didn't do anything wrong. I'm just saying that the blame are not entirely his. The current security setting is fine as it is.

you should reread what was written....

HE paid people to mutiny, broke no rules in doing so as well, still a shame it occurred in this way.

#11 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:43

Meh.

HE paid people to mutiny, broke no rules in doing so as well, still a shame it occurred in this way.

Have to have recruiting permissions to bring people in ;) it is a shame, but still. Permissions need to be given out very carefully these days

#12 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:45

Meh.

I see what you are saying and it is true to an extent.

While I was reading your post I remembered how HCS made it so that if you left a guild and there was an ongoing gvg conflict you could still be hit even though you left the guild until the conflict was finished. So going with that idea what if there is a mutany currently in the guild and the 80% is then set to only the current members of the guild. That way it is protected from take overs of this nature. Then if the guild is completely inactive (which wasn't the case here) then the one active member can send in a ticket to become the new leader. Then the decision would be on HCS staff according to activity and contributed XP to the guild. Just a thought.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#13 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:45

Meh.

Have to have recruiting permissions to bring people in ;) it is a shame, but still. Permissions need to be given out very carefully these days

I stand corrected! I forgot accepting members was a right given, been a long time since I was a guild founder, thank God.

#14 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:33

I hate Deflect with a deep burning passion. I missed out on an attack on him and the few million gold that would have resulted from it.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#15 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:31

give the ability to vote in a mutiny once you have the bronze+ guild loyalty medal..that way it can stop something like this from happening this fast. such a scallywag thing to do

#16 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:44

Makes it even worse it would seem he has listed everyone that helped him do it in his bio!

Or at least thats what it looks like after reading his bio.

Taken from his bio

02:41 01/Feb/2012 You sent musqit17 5 FallenSword Points
02:41 01/Feb/2012 You sent wowza10002 5 FallenSword Points
02:40 01/Feb/2012 You sent Demlar 5 FallenSword Points
02:40 01/Feb/2012 You sent age2d 5 FallenSword Points
02:40 01/Feb/2012 You sent musqit17 5 FallenSword Points
02:40 01/Feb/2012 You sent spyssniper 5 FallenSword Points
02:40 01/Feb/2012 You sent Rillys 5 FallenSword Points
02:40 01/Feb/2012 You sent firewind15 5 FallenSword Points
02:40 01/Feb/2012 You sent Smyley94 5 FallenSword Points
02:39 01/Feb/2012 You sent longhorn 5 FallenSword Points
02:39 01/Feb/2012 You sent Coldbane 5 FallenSword Points
02:39 01/Feb/2012 You sent crisfer96 5 FallenSword Points
02:39 01/Feb/2012 You sent SBugeia 5 FallenSword Points
02:39 01/Feb/2012 You sent Trevo 5 FallenSword Points
02:39 01/Feb/2012 You sent migtol 5 FallenSword Points
02:39 01/Feb/2012 You sent yoohooman 5 FallenSword Points

#17 spidey101

spidey101

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:55

it sucks, it isnt nice, but its the guild leaders fault for this happening. Had the guy not had permission to recruit he couldnt have done that.

#18 fs_chibibucky

fs_chibibucky
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:46

this should be made a new rule like asking people to trade GvG wins was cause paying for mutiny votes is flat fraked up. heck they wouldnt even need to have invite privileges they could just buy out the members already there. the sad thing is the number of guilds that will be willing to give him another chance.

#19 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:27

Technically yes it is the founders fault but at the same time its not, there should be a rule against this. As well HCS should make this as they did the conflicts, If there is a mutiny vote in progress then no player in the last few days that joined or joins before the vote is over should have a vote, as well they should not count towards the 80 percent calculated in the vote, but thats just my opinion on the matter.

Either way hopefully hcs can do something to fix it.

#20 DaveGilDin

DaveGilDin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:48

give the ability to vote in a mutiny once you have the bronze+ guild loyalty medal..that way it can stop something like this from happening this fast. such a scallywag thing to do

Piracy is what it is... Legal piracy. It's a great idea if your a pirate. Not ethical...and should in some way be discouraged. Another great reason that we should all bond together.... not buy items from him... and band against them. Some might not agree....Some might think themselves above it all.. Like a pirate.

Great idea from Rebornjedi. It's probably someones multiple character. I think something should be done about that. The little guild or struggling to stay alive guild will give permission to anyone that answers the call to serve. The downside of this of course is if they decide to serve themselves. That's always been a problem in game. I know it from fact and history. Loyalty to some...is only a four letter word.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: