Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2014 - 13:11

I'm fed up with it now, please give us the option to be anonymous on login, remove ourself from the "where" search, or just do something to fix it so I can play in peace!

Any player in the game can add you as a friend without you accepting the request (what genius thought that up?) so they can instantly see when you log on.

Today someone turned up while I was relaxing killing stuff, said "I came to follow you, I want to see how you kill stuff" mucked up my pulls, wasted time on my potion. STALKER much?

I'm at the point where I don't want to login anymore, as I know I can not just get on and play the game without being disturbed.

PLEASE give us some options, maybe tie them in to our own friends lists, so only those people can message/find us?

Sorry if it sounds like a rant, but IT IS! its pissing me off now. :angry:

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#2 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2014 - 13:16

Yeah an "appear offline" and "friends only" option would be nice, I always log in and get guys asking for help, I will go out of my way normally but that's more out of compassion and me not wanting to say no.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#3 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 March 2014 - 13:21

The price of being a celebrity.  Just wait until the paparazzi get here :)

Seriously though, it would be nice if the community just respected so this wasn't necessary.  But I see no problem with this.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#4 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2014 - 13:23

That'd be great. Whilst i'm not stalked or anything it'd still be nice to login so I can play without having to deal with private messages or anything. I can tell how you feel Mongo since you're a player that a lot of newbies look up to, and obviously if they know where you are they can come and follow you around which is frustrating in your situation. Also, some people might purposefully come follow you just because you find it annoying. 

Also, an option to only have people on your friends list that you have added as well as them adding you would be nice. Another thing is that they need to extend the friend limit. It's a little low at the moment.

Edited by Crusader, 07 March 2014 - 13:24.

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#5 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2014 - 13:40

Ok my first post was a bit angry, but it does frustrate me, today I had a few hours to play and wanted to play in peace. Now I have logged off earlier than I was going to for the day.  :P

I am sure we all have times where we just want to get on and do things. An "appear offline" mode would be nice.

Appear Offline:

• Your character will not show up on return results for the search commands
  • You will not appear online on other players friends lists or the server page
  • You will not receive any whisper messages (would give the offline message to the player trying to whisper)

Could add a second option maybe, where you can choose to appear online only to players you have added to your friends list.

#6 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 13:46

:D

Attached Thumbnails

• iwill.jpg

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

#7 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 07 March 2014 - 14:40

I can just agree with this.
Even I am getting annoyed by it. And I dont get it near as much as Mongo

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#8 Saglia

Saglia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 14:44

Personally I like the idea of being able to add someone without sending them a friend request. That can be dealt with by having private chat "open" "friends only" or "off." Good suggestion!

#9 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 March 2014 - 14:58

It does get a bit old getting random people stalking and following you around the game :( then you have to log on alts or get off.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#10 AjaxofGreece

AjaxofGreece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 16:07

Yup. I agree with mongo

#11 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 March 2014 - 16:45

Totally agree!  Would love to have the option to:

• Login in:  Invisible mode
  • Login and:  NOT show any alts on the friends list, only show the one that is actively playing (some of my friends have 6+ alts and it shows every single one of them as being online until you get to the server.)
  • Larger Friends List for Supporters ... I cannot add players anymore and I'm constantly having to remove someone to add another.
  • Ability to turn OFF "stalk" a friend.

Edited by Sage, 07 March 2014 - 17:08.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#12 Linkondrugs

Linkondrugs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 March 2014 - 17:41

+1

Gathering:

Crystal Cutting:  49  | Fishing:  49  | Forestry:  49  | Skinning:  49  | Farming:  49  Foraging:  49  | Prospecting:   49 |

Crafting:

Alchemy: 49  Cooking:  49  | Leatherworking:  49  | Weaponsmithing:  49  | Armorsmithing:  49  | Jewelry:  49  | Tailoring: 49

5,000+ Hours Logged, Closed Beta Player, Richest Merchant Around ;D

#13 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 07 March 2014 - 20:43

I get this alot too. Most of the time it doesnt bother me. But there are times when I would like to relax. Even if you log in an alt they can see you in the server list and then try to find you.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#14 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 21:32

OMG eldevin has grown so much we have stalkers now...

Mongo are you sure that was not an alt of someone you know just messing with you? lol...

But indeed we should only be able to check friends that are in both friends lists.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#15 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 21:08

Bumping this. I really would like to be able to log on and play in peace when I feel like it please. Login anonymous seems the only way I can achieve this. :(

#16 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 21:15

i dont ever want to hide so dont really have an opinion on this suggestion. i say if ppl want it what could it hurt might as well give it to you all.... that said... perhaps a solution would be uhm... stop telling people the name of you're alts? haha i mean people are always going to see/find your mains even if not shown in server list/friends list so anon. loggin on main wont be realistic but anon on an alt can already be accomplished :)

but eh just a comment and what do i know haha in the end i do support the idea though.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#17 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 21:36

Bumping this. I really would like to be able to log on and play in peace when I feel like it please. Login anonymous seems the only way I can achieve this. :(

Go to oceanic, will people stalk you there? lol .

Actually they should add a "busy" mode were you could only get PM's by friends in your list.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#18 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 21:38

i dont ever want to hide so dont really have an opinion on this suggestion. i say if ppl want it what could it hurt might as well give it to you all.... that said... perhaps a solution would be uhm... stop telling people the name of you're alts? haha i mean people are always going to see/find your mains even if not shown in server list/friends list so anon. loggin on main wont be realistic but anon on an alt can already be accomplished :)

but eh just a comment and what do i know haha in the end i do support the idea though.

Seriously, if you do not have a problem then you are not experiencing what I am. Trust me. :D

Thanks for the support though. I just want to know I can log on and do my own thing from time to time, with it linked to friends list too you can still interact with many people in anonymous mode, but you have the choice to control who is on your list. :)

Also this is nothing to do with my alts awol, for me personally anyway... it is my MAIN I want to have some peace on occasionally.

Edited by Mongo, 02 April 2014 - 21:40.

#19 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 21:39

Actually they should add a "busy" mode were you could only get PM's by friends in your list.

Yep 100% they can! even though I do not log oceanic much due to lag... if I do log a diff server, remember any stranger can add me to their friends list and then hunt me down on another server. :(

#20 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 21:44

Yep 100% they can! even though I do not log oceanic much due to lag... if I do log a diff server, remember any stranger can add me to their friends list and then hunt me down on another server. :(

yeah but it only says you're online by listing your main it doesn't say you're alts name....

so if you're on an alt it'll tell them Mongo Zypher(US east) so dont see how couldn't just (not give all your alts names out) and get on one of them when want to be alone

actualy i know some people that would most deffnenetly come to oceanic and hunt me down (if they know the name of the toon im on and since i dont hide they do) so i can understand where mongo and the others are coming from. jsut confuses me if you are wanting anonymity then why always give out alt's names  (not that they also shouldn't be able to just "chill" whlie on their main.. idk haha imma shut up before i accedently say something wrong haha

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: