Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2012 - 14:36

The community has achieved the Ruby Tier in the Global Event! Congrats to everyone who took part in it :)

If you qualified during the event, you'll now find the reward awaiting collection in your character mailbox.

Also well done to Xoulou, Boatsnhos and Beaker9911 for being the top 3 Global Quest Contributors - we'll be in contact soon to discuss what you would like Chikara to draw for your avatar! :)

We hope you all enjoyed the event!

Note: You can see the 'Top 100 Global Quest Contributors' for this event by clicking here.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Shibing

Shibing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 14:38

GG!

#3 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 07 September 2012 - 14:58

Any donations of blood to save the musquitos from extinction are welcome.

#4 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 15:04

congrats to all specially top 3 isnt easy holding or killing that many critters i gre tired after a 4 digits worth let alone anymore and Xoulou very nice second custom avatar you gonna make a album :)

#5 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 15:05

Any donations of blood to save the musquitos from extinction are welcome.

NO!

#6 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 18:49

I barely managed to stay awake through the required number of kills. Yay.

#7 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:01

Yeah, it was a chore. Similar to torture or leveling without the benefit of gaining a few levels along the way. 1234r so much fun!

#8 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2012 - 21:10

Yeah, it was a chore. Similar to torture or leveling without the benefit of gaining a few levels along the way. 1234r so much fun!

We're going to try something different for the next Global Event :)

#9 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 September 2012 - 21:18

I quite enjoyed it myself. Was nice seeing the MP down a little too!

#10 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 22:33

For all the people who enjoyed it and had a fun time with it- I'm glad you did. People are not all going to like the same things, I don't expect them too.

All I'm saying is that I did not, I agree with Cali's estimation of it. I'm looking forward to any changes that might be made. It's an interesting idea, and it's had some success, which is great. I just see a lot of room for improvement.

#11 slim

slim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 22:47

I want to see that!!!

And thanks Hcs for the great work you all have been doing in this game. :mrgreen:
Posted Image

Nenhum obstáculo é tão grande se a sua vontade de vencer for maior.

#12 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 00:16

Thanks Hoof. I'm glad to hear it.

#13 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 September 2012 - 16:21

For all the people who enjoyed it and had a fun time with it- I'm glad you did. People are not all going to like the same things, I don't expect them too.

All I'm saying is that I did not, I agree with Cali's estimation of it. I'm looking forward to any changes that might be made. It's an interesting idea, and it's had some success, which is great. I just see a lot of room for improvement.

It took me about 30 or so minutes to qualify for ruby tier, it wasn't THAT bad. The number to qualify was even lessened.

You did use a global booster, yes?

But I do agree, there needs to be some other incentive other than kill, kill, kill.

#14 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2012 - 17:18

The 3 mega powered pvp potions were enough for me to spend 20 minutes of my life killing lvl 25 critters and using circa 5k stamina in the process. 3 epic potions for that small outlay of time and resources is awesome in my opinion. I agree some tweaks to the apporach could be implemented to vary up the contest, what I am unsure, I was never much of an inventor.

I just need a good reason to use these potions now, 10 of them stashed in my Backpack gathering dust. Maybe an add on to the event that would require the player to use the potions as a quasi boss fight to the event...? IDK still chuffed to have the shiny epic pots in my store cupboard.

Not sure about the inventing or collection resources, this presumes everyone has a large backpack and/or component slots. I expect the vast majority ofp layers do not so this would give an unfair advantage to those who have massive backpacks and component inventories.

Time to get the brains to do some mind mapping (cannot say brainstorming anymore) to come up with some new exciting challenges.

#15 fs_junaz

fs_junaz
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2012 - 17:50

im just wondering how was i not aware that i need more than 750 kills to get the ruby awards :(

only thing i saw on the map screen was QUALIFIED !

nothing that i need to kill more to get better rewards :(( really sad, and made me think about reading a book.

#16 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2012 - 18:18

im just wondering how was i not aware that i need more than 750 kills to get the ruby awards :(

nothing that i need to kill more to get better rewards :(( really sad, and made me think about reading a book.

You had to hover your mouse over the relevant chest you wanted to acquire to see the kills required. At least you will know for next time and I am sure the next global event will not be too far away such has been the success of the last few :)

#17 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 19:36

For the next Global Event, it should say what tier you have qualified for. For example, "Ruby tier qualified".

#18 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 September 2012 - 19:36

Players could have known that they needed more kills for better rewards by hovering over the different chests. But it could be much clearer.

It would be nice if the world map would show for which chests you have qualified and which not. For example if a player has enough kills to get the fourth chest and the community has enough kills for the second chest then it would look like this:
[*:2wr0fiko]First Chest: Qualified!
[*:2wr0fiko]Second Chest: Qualified!
[*:2wr0fiko]Third Chest: Not Qualified! (Reason: Community does not have enough kills).
[*:2wr0fiko]Fourth Chest: Not Qualified! (Reason: Community does not have enough kills).
[*:2wr0fiko]Fifth Chest: Not Qualified! (Reasons: Player does not have enough kills. Community does not have enough kills).

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#19 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 20:31

Players could have known that they needed more kills for better rewards by hovering over the different chests. But it could be much clearer.

It would be nice if the world map would show for which chests you have qualified and which not. For example if a player has enough kills to get the fourth chest and the community has enough kills for the second chest then it would look like this:
[*:18cyv7qc]First Chest: Qualified!
[*:18cyv7qc]Second Chest: Qualified!
[*:18cyv7qc]Third Chest: Not Qualified! (Reason: Community does not have enough kills).
[*:18cyv7qc]Fourth Chest: Not Qualified! (Reason: Community does not have enough kills).
[*:18cyv7qc]Fifth Chest: Not Qualified! (Reasons: Player does not have enough kills. Community does not have enough kills).

+1 this is will make it clear for newbies

#20 AttorraRu

AttorraRu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2012 - 23:18

[*:7izsccr2]First Chest: Qualified!
[*:7izsccr2]Second Chest: Qualified!
[*:7izsccr2]Third Chest: Not Qualified! (Reason: Community does not have enough kills).
[*:7izsccr2]Fourth Chest: Not Qualified! (Reason: Community does not have enough kills).
[*:7izsccr2]Fifth Chest: Not Qualified! (Reasons: Player does not have enough kills. Community does not have enough kills).

+1 also, great idea

Sig16avi703-Ru2_zps6167231b.png by Zeder

"Surrender is NOT an option" - Tamra Dragonstar - Lord Command of the Dnulian Army. (Queen)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: