#1 flucht

flucht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 22:53

-TOPIC HAS BEEN MOVED TO-

http://forums.huntedcow.com/index.php?showtopic=63181

Edited by flucht, 25 February 2014 - 00:03.

FluchtTWIMCz_zps8ece50fa.png

#2 Sahardy

Sahardy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:48

They're pretty terrible.
But don't stop trying.

Sahardy.gif
good photographyer. great drawer. but im most best at photoshop.

#3 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:18

I agree with ^^^^

However, DONT STOP! I sucked so bad when I first started. I mean, you look like picaso compared to me when I first started. I never quit no matter how much I sucked though, I just kept entering contests until I started learning different aspects of my programs. Here are some quick and easy tips to help you succeed.

1) NEVER FLOOD THE GFX FORUMS <-- Most important. Make friends here and learn from them.
2) Enter every contest possible. <-- Doing things outside your specialty is free practice with things you may not have encountered on your own. For example, Kaliwyn is hosting a tournament right now and she requests that there is no "Anime" characters used. Anime is portrayed in your work alot so you might want to venture to her contest and see what you can put together just using lifelike work.
3)USE THE RESOURCES THE GFX COMMUNITY PUT TOGETHER! <--- make yourself aware of whats on these forums. You can find grade A renders, stocks, models, c4d's, BG's, gradients, and brushes. Learn about them.

Personal Advice:
*Learn about size proportions and how to keep your renders sized correctly. Your avi's look smooshed together lol.
*Learn about contrast. Your work consists of very bright hues and extreme blacks in the same piece. This gives people headaches and makes the piece not look natural. Try keeping the image "Warm"
*Explore different dynamics. Don't just slap a render on a background and then throw a name on there. Blend, Brush, Blur, Smudge, and add effects to your work to make them unique.

Good luck buddy, unfortunately I don't have much time to help anyone now in days but I am going to start making youtube tutorials for everyone to use. Overall the BEST possible advice I can give you is a quote - "Artwork is never made when thinking about making artwork"

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

So who wants to buy me Zombie Brand on League of Legends? 

#4 Sahardy

Sahardy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:59

I can't find my very first pieces, but a quick google search lead me to my early pieces.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
(might remake this one actually...)

So yeah, they're not the best. For some reason they're 160x160. Dunno why. But that's just an example of my early work, I'm not as recognized as I once was, but my work is a lot better now through practice and patience.

Sahardy.gif

#5 flucht

flucht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 22:30

I appreciate the feedback. I actually do much better work that this generally. My sigs are 100x better than my Avatars for the simple fact that I have more room to work with. I agree that I use way too many anime characters and should probably try working with something else, but they're so easy. *Shrug* I'll mess around with some things for a bit and see if I can't come up with some more.

Also, I don't use PS. Can't freaking stand it >.<

-------->Sig work is here.<--------

#6 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 23:34

whether you use gimp or photoshop this website should help tons, they have c4d's and renders as well-
http://www.sigtutorials.com/
hope that helps, before i visited the site-
Posted Image
terrible right?
after-
Posted Image
ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#7 flucht

flucht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 23:45

Nice, Peter. Your work is pretty decent.

#8 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 00:20

Nice, Peter. Your work is pretty decent.

thanks? lol i am not one of the elite but i work hard at it, and i have improved and i am sure you will too :D

#9 Sahardy

Sahardy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:06

I appreciate the feedback. I actually do much better work that this generally. My sigs are 100x better than my Avatars for the simple fact that I have more room to work with. I agree that I use way too many anime characters and should probably try working with something else, but they're so easy. *Shrug* I'll mess around with some things for a bit and see if I can't come up with some more.

Also, I don't use PS. Can't freaking stand it >.<

-------->Sig work is here.<--------

Photoshop has more resources and support.
By that, I mean .PSD's (The files that photoshop uses, you can use this to dissect artwork), patterns, brushes, actions etc.

and by support.
I mean I can tell you stuff. Secret stuff.

Sahardy.gif

#10 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:27

GIMP can use ps brushes and psd files :P

#11 Sahardy

Sahardy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 13:12

GIMP can use ps brushes and psd files :P

Well I'm from a time when they couldn't, otherwise known as the Mesozoic era.

Photoshop has more tutorials. Nyaaah! :P

Sahardy.gif

#12 flucht

flucht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 18:07

Yeah I use gimp. I can't afford PS and I dislike torrenting.

#13 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:26

well there are tons of photoshop tuts that you can do in gimp!! check out www.SigTutorials.com

#14 Sahardy

Sahardy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:37

well there are tons of photoshop tuts that you can do in gimp!! check out http://www.SigTutorials.com

http://img.hottopic....17_hi?$product$
GIMP mask

(In a final act of desperation to prove photoshop is better than GIMP)

Sahardy.gif

#15 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:39

photoshop is much more user friendly, and easier to learn, but gimp can do everything photoshop can, you just have to figure it out ^_^

besides Lennox is always #1 LOL!

#16 mini100

mini100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:36

well i missed out on what the work actually was... but never stop trying... i dont even want to search for old pieces i made... they make sahardys old pieces look like the god of graphics made them.... btw photoshop definatly better but expensive.... gimp pretty good just a bit harder.....

Sorry but Photobucket decided to take down my Signature.

#17 flucht

flucht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 20:16

you didnt miss out. there is a clickable link in my first post. there is also a link to my sig album somewhere

#18 flucht

flucht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 21:28

And just to prove that I can make the same boring crap as everyone else, I decided to go with the faded and dull style that everyone else seems to be using for their sigs. In my opinion these look like crap. I prefer my own style but whatever

Posted Image

#19 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 21:38

And just to prove that I can make the same boring crap as everyone else, I decided to go with the faded and dull style that everyone else seems to be using for their sigs. In my opinion these look like crap. I prefer my own style but whatever

Posted Image

Just keep going w/ your style no need to change it no ones trying to judge ya flucht or depaint your work in a bad light but most avatar makers etc. been capable of that faded style for a long time now going back n forth n how foolproof it can be depends on the precision effort n what-not. The ppl that create their own sigs dont have their agenda like that as a preference or priority as a cue n then some tho whatever :P :|

eqnq15.png                  

#20 flucht

flucht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 21:44

Indeed. I do anime stuff because I enjoy it. It poses a challenge for me because in order to make it work you have to be able to edit properly. I prefer brighter colors and things that stand out. I really dislike the styles everyone prefers. they all look like crap to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: