Photo

So Ladder Hits Are Still Bountyable

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Bountying Ladder Hits (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Change it back or fix it?

1. Leave attacks bountyable (21 votes [43.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. Fix it so attacks can't be bountyied (27 votes [56.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

Vote

#1 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 14:26

That's right! What never needed to be omitted can still be done. A player can still post a Ladder hit, they only need to wait until the Ladder is complete, then post.

Just leave it the way it was! Keep everyone honest. We can take care of ourselves.

Edited by sweetlou, 29 June 2014 - 14:34.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 15:57

If we can take care of ourselves, why would we want to post ladder hits on the board?

#3 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 16:43

The players who got bountied are our guildmates, so I saw it happening to then, even that, I say there is something wrong.

I'm on Ladder too, none of the hits on me are bountyable, not 10stam or 100stam...The Ladder resets and even with that I still not able to post any bounty. 

I believe that was just a simple occurence, something about the time the update comes alive and the time of the attack, something like that, don't know.

Edit: Smae thing happened with me, check the post below...And that occurance was 1 week after the 'Ladder hits non-bountyable' update.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 01 July 2014 - 02:09.

#4 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 18:24

Im afraid, i do can place some Bountys based on ladder hits =/ Something its wrong

#5 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 June 2014 - 20:46

I've never got why Ladder hits should be bountied. If you can't fight it out, then perhaps you shouldn't be on the ladder, and if someone's being a total jerk there's other ways to skin a weasel. Never ran into the desire to bounty anyone on the ladder, when I had a problem I I just kept 100 stamming even in one case when asked by a top 3 guild why I was being "mean". Yes, so mean didn't want to "give them" 1st place and hit their crystal - pffft To that guild's credit they laughed off their player's whines.

#6 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:11

Pvp has had somewhat too many ridiculously narrowing restrictions applied to it over the past few years, why continue the trend? Is the ladder pvp or not? I feel that it is, a very interesting form of it even, especially when people are  really throwing themselves into it. Where does this seemingly driving need to dumb it down and make it 'safe' come from? Stop already. The bounty board has always been about 'taking care' of things anyway, it's part of it. Yes I realize it's bad form to bounty ladder hits, but certainly we can develop our own approach to that without Cow intervention.

#7 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:24

If 100stam hits doesn't have any consequence, should not count towards Smasher Medal. I'm against that new upgrade too, we can handle with that.

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:37

Let's hear it for the update!  It's absolutely silly to bounty a ladder hit!  If you want to play the ladder, grow a pair and keep swinging :)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#9 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:48

Four words...PvP is all about risk...Oh wait! That's five :P

Edited by Melons, 30 June 2014 - 03:52.

#10 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:13

My opinion -- too many people use the bounty board as retaliation for ladder hits when they can't win or they consider their stam too precious to 100 stam back. Having one's buds delevel a player out of the ladder or just simply demoralize them because you can't take care of your own business isn't sportsmanship, it's more like bullies in a play yard.

To opt on to the ladder, but then cry that you getting hit is like being mad at the doctor for shoving a scope up your rear-end when you go in for a colonscopy.

#11 skepsis

skepsis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:24

the ladder is garbage and should just be thrown out.

#12 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:26

LOL -- well after all the debate, that is probably the best smile.png

Edited by BraveKath, 30 June 2014 - 04:26.

#13 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 14:32

change the name from "ladder" to "field of honor"

keep the opt-in

and, it being a field of honor, make hits truly un-bountyable (seems un-honorable to lose a match in a jousting tournament, then pay people to get revenge for you)

#14 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:00

Happening with me too.

PS: GigaShadow is lvl 1125 and I'm lvl 1165, so it's impossible for her to hit me outside the Ladder.

giga.jpg

gigabounty.jpg

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 01 July 2014 - 02:56.

#15 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 18:40

I thought the Cows were taking a holiday from FS but looks like Grim is at work, but he doesn't handle this type of stuff any longer, I guess. Been 3 working days. Zorg, could we get a comment  at least?

I'd prefer to see it "fixed" back to the way it was. It wasn't broke. It didn't need to be "fixed" in the first place.

PvP without the risk of losing xp is GvG and should be left that way. Players that want to practice PvPing should start a conflict

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#16 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2014 - 18:43

same can be said about entering a ladder, if you enter a restricted combat arena then do not cry and then take the conflict out the that arena, the ladder, and get your mates to solve your own problems. You opt in you deal with it yourself not bounty those that hit you so your friends and/or guild can deal out your response for you!! this is why you should not be allowed to bounty ladder hits.

#17 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 20:31

Same could be said for playing the game... when you sign up you are given two weeks with PvP protection. After that you need to have friends/guild family drop players 5 for any real punishment knowing PvP is an active component of the game. This has always been the case with PvP. You, yourself, have never been capable to retaliate in force. This is the crux, nay the challenge, beyond grinding out levels. Without the animosity and risk this game is doomed to failure like SS2. The more the game devs whittle away the dificulty of playing by being PvPed the fewer players there will be.

[Signature removed]

#18 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2014 - 21:01

if the opt in was removed then fine, but you do opt into  separate arena for combat, therefore any punishment in that arena should stay within the walls of that arena, in this case the pvp ladder.

#19 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:33

And just like PvP protection the opt in has absurdly watered down the PvP aspect of the game. The schism it has created needs to be reversed, not made wider. The original problem with the Ladder was that players were trading points and would stay out of level range of other Ladder participants, which I still believe was much worse. What Hoof created was slightly better but only added new problems that have gone completely unaddressed. The separation of players into Ladders by level doesn't bother me. There are not enough incentives to lure players into the Ladders. The rewards are abysmal. Stam usage is insanely high to play. All hits should give Prestige at least once per day unless the player is inactive more then a week. And absolutely ALL Ladder hits should give Prestige. There's a wet spitball of what I'd like to see... let's see if any of it can stick.

I think that the funniest part of it all is that when someone decided to do something about the Ladder, anything - it failed. This new lack of acknowledging there was a mistake is another red flag. Communication has disappeared. Where are the cows? The recent lack of resources being used on the game is noticeable!

[Signature removed]

#20 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:18

.....watered down the PvP aspect of the game.....

please consider the possibility that management makes changes, moves the game in certain directions, based on what the majority of their $$$/customers/$$$ want

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: