The Land of Turkeys

aka

The Great Turkeydom

aka

Home of the Turkey Tribe

aka

The Gobbling Empire

--------------------------------------------------------------------

D.O.C.K.: "So here's what we know so far. The 'Pioneers' we've been tracking need a certain nutrient to stay alive - a rare nutrient that they've now found in /e/ gf t'lO, an island from one of the original worlds. It somehow managed to hide itself from the rest of its world... We don't have any more data.

"You'll need some help with this. I'm going to disrupt whatever's cloaking it. In the meantime, I need you to disguise yourself as a sailor and lead some of that world's fighters to the place. You'll need all the help you can get. Destroy any Pioneers you find. If any knowledge leaks out that shouldn't, destroy all those who learn about it. This is a Code Red - we can't let them feed again. D.O.C.K. out."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Eldevin Chronolock 1.1.1.4.05.789

10 Years Prior to the Worldshift

A mysterious island has appeared out of nowhere, south of the Isle of Nasaroth and west of the Crystal Hills. It is a small island where the tribe of humans there worship turkeys, who they deem to be sacred. The turkeys themselves are quite intelligent, manipulating the humans into worshiping them. Something about those turkeys is off...perhaps the same thing that's causing these weird...dark purplish energy beings dressed up in pilgrim uniforms to attack them.

You will attain various quests from the Mysterious Sailor, who recruits you from the Crystal Coast, to explore the island, collect information on the turkeys, and fight the "Pioneers". How does this sailor know so much? He can't be an ordinary sailor...and he isn't! You'll find out his true identity and motivations in the long questline specific to this holiday!

Of course, you can do dailies as well. Tribesmen would let you gather materials for wicker turkey headdresses and such (which look really cool when decorated). You can also help them farm corn and other festive vegetables, with rewards being based on your farming level and thus the crops you've farmed. :) You can even help cook if desired! :D Or you can, you know, run away from angry Pioneers while grabbing and saving turkeys o.0

The final boss of the questline, with its own group dungeon :D, is Gobble Rex, the leader of the turkeys. He gobbles up some Pioneers as his sacrificial dinner...only to be mutated and go on a rampage! :o You must destroy him! How will the villagers react? That's for you to find out! ;D

Rewards include the Turkeyborg (cyber armor) outfit, the Quantum Pirate outfit, the Twilight Pioneer outfit, and dropping from the Turkey Rex (Elite) dungeon - the level 50 G08'L Long-Range Assault Sniper Rifle: Special t'lO Edition (drops from Mysterious Sailor fight, the end boss of the Elite dungeon). You can right-click it to switch it to Skull 'n' Crossbones I-XIII (13 different types of laser melee weapons) and the Red Matter Egg (a pseudo-magic orb, two handed). These are not joke weapons. They are some of the best in the game and are EXTREMELY rare drops from an EXTREMELY hard boss only available once a year (or for only one year, depending on devs' choice).

rsz_sniper_anime_girl_dual_screen_3_t2.j

| Rezilia (16) Ranger | Bunnycakes (5) Paladin |

| Crystal Cutting - 4 | Farming - 11 | Fishing - 9 | Foraging - 10 | Forestry - 8 | Prospecting - 6 | Skinning - 16 |

| Alchemy - 12 | Armorsmithing - 2 | Cooking - 16 | Jewelry - 1 | Leatherworking - 9 | Tailoring - 6 | Weaponsmithing - 2 |

| Account (8) | Hours (58.5+) |

#2 AwiesGoesRawr

AwiesGoesRawr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:10

Thanksgiving is not global thing. So I don't think that it will need wall of text to be planned.

NPC somewhere who calls you pretty, will be fine:3

Eldevin Steam-generation.

8080c8f99f8fda986f422fda15784e4b.gif

#3 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:17

/e/ gf t'lO

*wonders how to pronounce this word*

Interesting idea but I hope HCS have tooken notes from Argent Wolf. Having a high level dungeon/boss won't really work by itself...

Maybe might be better to have two separate dungeon modes for same dungeon... one for low/med levels (10 - 39 ) and for high levels ( 40 - 50 ) or something like that.

Plus I like dungeon idea because the boss can't get to you or you going near it by accident. Argent Wolf was a bit annoying for this reason.

Edited by Spirit, 20 November 2014 - 11:19.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#4 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:24

Wolf clearly ment for cap player's vs level range's. Issue with pvp so forth.

Easter had small bunny could kill + big bunny cap lvl but was not as hard as Wolf, Killed many mele class.

Level range Boss function - at least be far to those mele classed Wolfie was harder then most world bosses. Even diefler is easyer then wolfie mane able group 10 or so. Mele not geting wiped forced to deal next to no dmg.

Lvl range open alow's low lvl's have a chance to do some something.

Thank's given posted poned, As farly sure working on geting X-mas event out on time.

Few other event's that where planed but failed meet time frame. Other thing where in the work's.

Bow kiss emote Valintine day - Summer's end - few other planed event's did not make it in time.

Mount's and emote's where shownbut where removed do to unable get item's.

For now look forward to X-mas, As far as Turky goblin's, Key word blend. Might be something look forward next yr.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 20 November 2014 - 11:28.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#5 Kinfa1987

Kinfa1987

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:56

not gona hapen i you ask me

#6 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 14:41

Thanksgiving is a US holiday and the game has a significant amount of US players. The other holidays in the game aren't universal either.

This is for next year, not this year. If it was for this year, it would have had to be released in the update, which would have been impossible due to time constraints o.0

| Crystal Cutting - 4 | Farming - 11 | Fishing - 9 | Foraging - 10 | Forestry - 8 | Prospecting - 6 | Skinning - 16 |

| Alchemy - 12 | Armorsmithing - 2 | Cooking - 16 | Jewelry - 1 | Leatherworking - 9 | Tailoring - 6 | Weaponsmithing - 2 |

#7 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 20 November 2014 - 14:43

Thanksgiving is a US holiday and the game has a significant amount of US players. The other holidays in the game aren't universal either.

This is for next year, not this year. If it was for this year, it would have had to be released in the update, which would have been impossible due to time constraints o.0

As far as I know, Thanksgiving is pretty much US only, maybe some other places that I dont know of.
But Xmas, Easter, Halloween are pretty much worldwide

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#8 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 14:48

As far as I know, Thanksgiving is pretty much US only, maybe some other places that I dont know of.
But Xmas, Easter, Halloween are pretty much worldwide

Even if it is US only, it can still be fun. ): Why dis content you can have?

It has talking turkeys, interdimensional pilgrims, a prehistoric world boss, and laser weapons...not to mention material for farmers and cooks. o.0

Why are you all dissing this? :o

#9 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 20 November 2014 - 14:50

Even if it is US only, it can still be fun. ): Why dis content you can have?

It has talking turkeys, interdimensional pilgrims, a prehistoric world boss, and laser weapons...not to mention material for farmers and cooks. o.0

Why are you all dissing this? :o

Because Thanksgiving has no meaning to us at all. Wouldnt feel any special at all :/

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#10 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 14:56

Because Thanksgiving has no meaning to us at all. Wouldnt feel any special at all :/

So running away from aliens while carrying something akin to a chicken wouldn't feel special to you?

Wow.

#11 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2014 - 15:03

Day honor mass murder lovely day to honor death of many. And many Turkys who have to die as well.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#12 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2014 - 16:09

So running away from aliens while carrying something akin to a chicken wouldn't feel special to you?

Wow.

You dont seem to be getting it, Thanksgiving has no meaning outside of the US. For everyone else its just another Thursday in November. You cant sell them on this and personally I think a Thanksgiving event is kind of stupid. Its probably the most boring holiday and doesnt deserve an event.

Edited by TreeFrog, 20 November 2014 - 16:10.

#13 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 16:35

Day honor mass murder lovely day to honor death of many. And many Turkys who have to die as well.

Thanksgiving is about community and peace. Who told you otherwise? o.0

#14 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2014 - 16:43

It has been suggested many times before Raz, Chels was desperate for the same event. :D 

It is of course a nice suggestion for anyone who celebrates the holiday, but I think they will stick to more universal holiday events.

Diwali is a huge festival, celebrated the world over by Hindu's who are present in India, the US, UK, many countries in the World will have a population who celebrates Diwali. If they start celebrating one hoilday that is not Worldwide, then there would be never ending calls for every holiday to have an event.

I celebrate every morning I get up out of bed and notice I am still sexy when I look in the mirror, but I do not think everyone would appreciate running an event for that.

Maybe HCS could just throw a Thanksgiving pack into the cash shop though, will contain a Turkey Hat etc. (not randomn items) to be purchased with $.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#15 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 16:46

Diwali is a huge festival, celebrated the world over by Hindu's who are present in India, the US, UK, many countries in the World will have a population who celebrates Diwali. If they start celebrating one hoilday that is not Worldwide, then there would be never ending calls for every holiday to have an event.

I have absolutely never heard of Diwali, but if someone wants it in-game, then I'm not going to stop them. Culture is cool.

#16 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 16:48

Would rather get the krampus...
Would rather get the krampus...

#17 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2014 - 16:48

I have absolutely never heard of Diwali, but if someone wants it in-game, then I'm not going to stop them. Culture is cool.

My point was that there is probably a holiday or festival of some type every day, somewhere in the world. I have no objections to any event either, it does me no harm.  :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#18 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 16:51

My point was that there is probably a holiday or festival of some type every day, somewhere in the world. I have no objections to any event either, it does me no harm.  :)

I wasn't angry that Thanksgiving was denied. I'm angry that people are putting down the idea just because Thanksgiving is attached to it.

Edited by Rez, 20 November 2014 - 16:51.

#19 Kambalo

Kambalo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 19:24

For those who hate killing the bird there is always tofurky.

https://encrypted-tb...bO_UTRpQZoShd71

Edited by Kambalo, 20 November 2014 - 19:24.

Seek and ye shall find.

The Master

#20 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:17

read history book on true Thanks giving.

Coming to gether as people in truth all start with death and blood shed like most hoiday's.

First 2 nd recored Biths day was mass sucied's

Many hoilday's them self based in blood.

So many poor creature's rasied and killed

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: