BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,838 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 August 2012 - 13:56

Hi all,

This is a major content update, we have just added the following to the game...

- New World Area 'Mountains of Hag-Harnth'.

- New Area 'Harnth Forest (Tangle)'.
- New Area 'Harnth Forest (Snarl)'.
- New Area 'Hag-Harnth Mountains (Bone Yard)'.
- New Area 'Hag-Harnth Mountains (Gloom)'.
- New Area 'Hag-Harnth Mountains (Murk)'.
- New Area 'Hag-Harnth Dungeons (Entrance)'.
- New Area 'Hag-Harnth Dungeons (Bowels)'.
- New Area 'Hag-Harnth Tundra (Drift)'.
- New Area 'Hag-Harnth Tundra (Desolation)'.
- New Area 'Hag-Harnth Tundra (Depths)'.
- New Area 'Hag-Harnth Tundra (Devourers Haunt)'.

- 10 New Creatures.
- 2 New 'Champion' Creatures.
- 1 New 'Elite' Creature.

- 10 New 'Common' Items.
- 4 New 'Rare' Items.
- 7 New 'Unique' Items.
- 3 New Item Sets.

- 1 New Portal.

- 1 New Relic.

- 1 New Shop Location.

- New Quest 'Dark Forest Venison'.
- New Quest 'Tears in the Mist'.
- New Quest 'Giants in the Snow'.

It is rumored that a new portal to the Harnth Forest (Tangle) has been discovered in the Quooth Depths (Spell Weavers Realm).

A new Feedback thread is open for all who wish to comment!

Enjoy

~The Fallen Sword Team

#2 mitgsx

mitgsx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 14:01

Wow, someone blew through the new levels with hooftest!

Didn't even notice he was being ab-used. 8)

#3 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 14:02

Very nice update hcs.

Just a thought but for those that are at eoc that keep sitting at eoc since there is not much else to do why not take a month or 2 and release 50-100 lvls all at once.

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,838 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 August 2012 - 14:08

The big problem with such an update is it takes quite a while to do, then all the EoC players get to the end in a day or two, making the whole point moot. We've tried it before and quite simply, it does not work.

#5 Versair

Versair

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 14:14

Very nice update hcs.

Just a thought but for those that are at eoc that keep sitting at eoc since there is not much else to do why not take a month or 2 and release 50-100 lvls all at once.

They just buy more stam and get there anyway.

#6 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 14:35

The big problem with such an update is it takes quite a while to do, then all the EoC players get to the end in a day or two, making the whole point moot. We've tried it before and quite simply, it does not work.

do a couple of the lvl 1000 quests you know where you had to go back and farm several elites to make the keys to move on that was a stam burner lol pain in the butt too but added depth

#7 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 13 August 2012 - 16:07

do a couple of the lvl 1000 quests you know where you had to go back and farm several elites to make the keys to move on that was a stam burner lol pain in the butt too but added depth

And do it in a Karthak fashion :shock: That questline was a royal pain in the eye of any beholder ever slain!

Thnx for the content BG, but... I do wonder whatever happened with an earlier statement about adding +10 lvls worth weekly, or at a min. every two weeks?
At the current rate, and with the more and more übered up pots, ppl are starting to stack up at EOC big time. Not sure if more regular content will solve this, but my guess is, it would decrease the amount of ppl just sitting around waiting up here. And yes, I do know there is more to do than lvl, but not everyone seems to get that, or care about it for that matter :wink:

Advancement blocking ideas:
- Defeat a "invented for the purpose, with no drop" titan X times to advance through the next locs.
- Defeat X amount of SEs to advance. Heck, make it X amount of 5 different ones.
- Win X amount of arenas to advance. (when are we getting 1200+ arenas btw?)
- 100 stam X amount of players (outta the ladder) to advance.
- Win X amount of bounties to advance.
- Stay as no. 1 on the ladder for X hours to advance.
- Slay Hooftest in normal PvP to advance.
- Partake in X amount of GvGs to advance.
- Toss X amount of buffs at your guildmates withing a set (short) timeframe to advance.

Make sure master realms have the same requirements so you cannot wait, and just portal right past the requirements :P

Now that, would be annoying implementations - but could maybe liven the EOC part of the game up a little?

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#8 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 17:04

Now that, would be annoying implementations - but could maybe liven the EOC part of the game up a little?

I agree, it would be annoying but also give players at EoC a reason to HAVE to do other things beside leveling, however, it could have the opposite effect and rather than it creating activity it could cause the loss of more players to this game through frustration of player not being able to complete some tasks.

Now I am not being selfish and thinking of myself before anyone jumps on my back as you can see from my medals I'm happy to part take in other aspects of the game and have done well at most. The concern is that not everyone is so interested in taking part in other aspects and forcing them to do so could cause a further dip in players.

The last thing we want right now is to reduce the number of active players we have.

#9 loon

loon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 17:09

You'll probably call me stupid but I read this post out of curiosity and keep reading EoC, what does it mean/stand for?

#10 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 17:18

You'll probably call me stupid but I read this post out of curiosity and keep reading EoC, what does it mean/stand for?

I think it's "End of Content"

#11 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 August 2012 - 17:41

I don't think it's a good idea to force people to do other aspects of the game before leveling, it will only lead to frustration for some.

The other aspects are there and people are free to partake, I don't think forcing them is the path toward more participation.

#12 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 17:57

And do it in a Karthak fashion :shock: That questline was a royal pain in the eye of any beholder ever slain!

Thnx for the content BG, but... I do wonder whatever happened with an earlier statement about adding +10 lvls worth weekly, or at a min. every two weeks?
At the current rate, and with the more and more übered up pots, ppl are starting to stack up at EOC big time. Not sure if more regular content will solve this, but my guess is, it would decrease the amount of ppl just sitting around waiting up here. And yes, I do know there is more to do than lvl, but not everyone seems to get that, or care about it for that matter :wink:

- Defeat a "invented for the purpose, with no drop" titan X times to advance through the next locs.
- Defeat X amount of SEs to advance. Heck, make it X amount of 5 different ones.
- Toss X amount of buffs at your guildmates withing a set (short) timeframe to advance.

Make sure master realms have the same requirements so you cannot wait, and just portal right past the requirements :P

Someone with such an influence on the game and who has the "ears" (or eyes) of the Cows shouldn't be so hasty to suggest things without giving it more thought. Maybe YOU think those are good ideas, but not everyone else does.

I've already seen things implemented into this game just because 1 person suggested it with little to no insight from the majority of the other players in the game. It's cool that the cows listen to our suggestions, but not every suggestion is a good one.

#13 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 19:10

Don't see that one happening. As fun as it might be to try to beat Hooftest, he keeps advancing in levels, making the scenario impossible for those who reach that plateau at a later point, unless PvP became unlimited in range.

#14 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 19:29

Clever idea! Granted I'm not, nor ever will be an EOC player - so perhaps not mine to truly comment, but still think it's a good challenge.

#15 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 20:14

Game in to see what the big boys and girls are thinking and now shooting off my big mouth... without thinking..... okay fine, without thinking "much". (o0... don't say I didn't warn you ,oP

Not going to shoot down any of Kiti's ideas. Some I like, some I don't (so much). The important thing is to make suggestions... Brainstorming is about throwing ideas out, not having them directly implemented. So I think Kiti deserves some thanks for bothering to think...

My main "worry" about EOC-advancing barriers is that EOC evolves and the creations it makes get left behind. EOC is not a level but a place in the game that shifts. There never has been nor will there ever be a solution that gets rid of EOC.

Xindy was a place that, if memory serves me correctly was created to slow players down. Now, I enjoyed it... but admit I didn't even start until 408 so cruised through over half the levels and avoided a lot of the frustration that made many I know quit or not even want to get there. In any case, you can't please all of the people all of the time... but just remember that EOC is not the same as the 1461-1470 levels we are speaking of now.

I think there needs to be a mix of challenges to progress, but we need to be wary of what those challenges are so as not to make 1461-1470 a dreaded spot that might end up being the "end point" for many. Heck, I won't know for another 5 years at least anyway, lol.

I think the Global Quests were an excellent idea to give EOC characters something to do (check the top 100 in the last event). I especially like it because it helps control gold oversupply. I wish I could come up with similar suggestions. (o0

Just my two (not thought out) cents.

#16 Quack

Quack

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 20:27

This makes so much sense for EOC player's who're tired of overflowing with stam while waiting for a 10 level content release.

Placeboo says: I think it is hurting the game that so many people are bottle-necking at end content, many levelers are getting upset that they are forced to be in range with pvpers because of lack of content release. Also, one would assume that the largest donators are those that are at end of content. So, when these players just sit at end of content there is going to be no reason for further donation. I think it would be wise to maximize profits from these players that are willing to donate large amounts by giving them content to hunt. I have considered the work that must go into content production and think that it is is HCS' best interest to consider releasing a large amount of content (50-100+ levels) that requires little production time. I think the player base left at end of content would be happy with something along the lines of a 50+ story tower that a player must climb - access every 10 levels, same map, same monster (just different level - stats could even be the same). I think players are desperate for something to do in this game. End of content players have ability to do huge hunts with all the big donation potions and it is simply not worth it for them to use these potions for 10 levels of hunting. There does not need to be "common" gear, and all the champion sets that have been being made every 3-4 levels are not necessary, maybe every 10/15 levels.

#17 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 20:29

love this..build out, not just up

#18 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 August 2012 - 20:58

This makes so much sense for EOC player's who're tired of overflowing with stam while waiting for a 10 level content release.

Placeboo says: I think it is hurting the game that so many people are bottle-necking at end content, many levelers are getting upset that they are forced to be in range with pvpers because of lack of content release. Also, one would assume that the largest donators are those that are at end of content. So, when these players just sit at end of content there is going to be no reason for further donation. I think it would be wise to maximize profits from these players that are willing to donate large amounts by giving them content to hunt. I have considered the work that must go into content production and think that it is is HCS' best interest to consider releasing a large amount of content (50-100+ levels) that requires little production time. I think the player base left at end of content would be happy with something along the lines of a 50+ story tower that a player must climb - access every 10 levels, same map, same monster (just different level - stats could even be the same). I think players are desperate for something to do in this game. End of content players have ability to do huge hunts with all the big donation potions and it is simply not worth it for them to use these potions for 10 levels of hunting. There does not need to be "common" gear, and all the champion sets that have been being made every 3-4 levels are not necessary, maybe every 10/15 levels.

GvG, PvP, titan hunt, Se hunt, sell buffs, plenty of way to use/burn stam.There's lots to do in this game, fact is too many are one dimensional.

Instead of focusing on faster content as some ask for, I;d like to hcs stick to their current output, and tweak other aspects of this game which sink stam. PvP ( entice more to try it), Titans( use only ONE map) gvg ( new RP packs), more global events etc. Crack that whip grim!

#19 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 August 2012 - 21:05

GvG, PvP, titan hunt, Se hunt, sell buffs, plenty of way to use/burn stam.There's lots to do in this game, fact is too many are one dimensional.

Instead of focusing on faster content as some ask for, I;d like to hcs stick to their current output, and tweak other aspects of this game which sink stam. PvP ( entice more to try it), Titans( use only ONE map) gvg ( new RP packs), more global events etc. Crack that whip grim!

+1

Try to make some other areas more appealing, but not force them to do these.

One suggestion is to cut back on the high powered leveling potions.

#20 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 August 2012 - 21:14

BIG quest arcs - like Xinderoth, Karthak, DreadLord - more of these are wanted.

I remember suggesting, oh, probably, 2 yrs or more ago now, quests with choices, yes or no decisions which have consequences further on in the game ..

I also like SOME of Kit's suggestions, but not ones that "FORCE" a player into an area of the game they want no part in.

Sure, have it that you have to collect "X" of "Y" items to progress, or kill "X" of "Y" champions (although that one is pretty much most quests these days :( ..) or visit "A", "B", "C" and "D" locations scattered around the realms - but a big NO to ones that force a player to SE hunt or to GvG or to PvP or anything else similarly inclined.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: