Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:27

Thank you to everyone who joined and contributed to the developer chat this evening!

Here is a summary of the skill changes that we discussed.

[*:mwk4ji39]Gloat: +0.2% per point gold stolen in PvP
[*:mwk4ji39]Honor: -0.2% xp loss in PvP (Does not work during bounties)
[*:mwk4ji39]Sealed: 0.2% per point chance to negate 2 buffs during combat. (The buffs work again as normal after the combat)
[*:mwk4ji39]Barricade: +0.15% per point and allow the level to be specified when casting.
[*:mwk4ji39]Reflection: +0.2% per point of enemies damage inflicted is added to your next combat strike. Change it so the reflected damage is applied before the armor calculation.
[*:mwk4ji39]Change combat activation order to Fortitude -> Severe Condition -> Ageless -> Wither.
We realize not all players were able to join the chat, so please leave your comments on this thread regarding the proposed changes to the existing skills. :)

We feel the developer chat was very beneficial and we plan to continue doing them on a regular basis - we'll announce on the game news once the time/day of the next one has been decided :)

#2 mizer35

mizer35

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:31

[*:2juctqgo]Reflection: +0.2% per point of enemies damage inflicted is added to your next combat strike. Change it so the reflected damage is applied before the armor calculation.

Does this mean that the damage from reflection does not go directly to hp?

#3 Scathian

Scathian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:31

Thanks again for the live chat hoof :)
It was mentioned though that maybe the buffs honor and gloat could be moved down the skill tree some (maybe lv 400) so as to allow more people to have them, otherwise they will stay out of reach for most people

#4 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:32

8) awesome fixes, look forward to the next chat and even more participation by the community.

#5 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:45

[*:y17k6vo4]Reflection: +0.2% per point of enemies damage inflicted is added to your next combat strike. Change it so the reflected damage is applied before the armor calculation.

Yea which make it useless... everyone will run armor ... defensive setups will have little chance for win

#6 Scathian

Scathian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:48

[*:1rwnb9mk]Reflection: +0.2% per point of enemies damage inflicted is added to your next combat strike. Change it so the reflected damage is applied before the armor calculation.

Yea which make it useless... everyone will run armor ... defensive setups will have little chance for win

i don't going to a fight against an armor suit hoping that i'll have reflection kick in for me...

#7 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:49

I know that this is somewhat off-topic Hoof (but in another way, its directly ON topic) but ...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106190

#8 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:53

Please ensure that ageless and wither actually double or halve SC and fortitude HP, and not simply activate after them ( while still having no effect)

Also can stalker, and other enhancement buffs be checked to ensure they are working properly? thanks :)

#9 mitgsx

mitgsx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:29

Also can stalker, and other enhancement buffs be checked to ensure they are working properly? thanks :)

Please look into this first!

#10 alexlouis

alexlouis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:32

[*:26jty3ad]Reflection: +0.2% per point of enemies damage inflicted is added to your next combat strike. Change it so the reflected damage is applied before the armor calculation.

Wait, so if I'm running defense (0 armor) and reflection kicks in against me, I die... but if I had an armor setup and it didn't go over my armor amount, then I wouldn't? I think if my opponent doesn't hit me in my defense setup, then reflection shouldn't do damage or else no one is going to run defense against someone with reflection. Is this what you're getting at Shindrak?

#11 alexlouis

alexlouis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:33

Please look into this first!

+1

There's plenty of suspicion that Stalker isn't working properly

#12 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:33

I'll have a log up a little later for those who want to see the whole chat.

*I will be pruning out a spamming issue (but including a note), along with Joins/Parts/Quits and IP info

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#13 KingHomer

KingHomer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:52

I thought Sealed was going to affect up to 3 buffs? I guess 2 is okay, but often players you'd want to use Sealed against have 30 or 40 buffs active so 2 is not very many.

Gloat seems kinda useless, but I guess gold hits will use it.

Honor is useful still if you're playing the ladder.

I understand reflection needed to be fixed, but it's now pretty well useless in PvP for defensive players against armor setups. They can go low damage / high armor and reflection won't help the defensive player hit back. But I guess having it not be an auto-win for a level 100 against a level 1200 is worth something.

#14 shwazemoto

shwazemoto

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:38

OK that's all fine with me but when's the next special offer?

#15 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:27

I understand reflection needed to be fixed, but it's now pretty well useless in PvP for defensive players against armor setups. They can go low damage / high armor and reflection won't help the defensive player hit back. But I guess having it not be an auto-win for a level 100 against a level 1200 is worth something.

First I can not join the IRC chat as others have pointed out the security programs on my computer will not allow me to do so. My input has to be here in the forums.

Sorry King I would have to disagree with this. Note I am not a PvP player but after my first loss against an almost naked player on the BB I asked some of my PvP friends about it. As they put it there are anti reflection setups out there. It does require thinking about how much damage you have to inflict so you don't kill yourself when reflection AND LD activate but it is very doable.

I have no real input on the other buffs because I do not use them.

Please leave reflection alone, it is a wonderful buff for GvG defense and if you take that away it will be very hard for offline members to win against a well buffed online opponent. It takes 2 things to make reflection effective first Last Ditch has to activate and then IF you hit them reflection works. Reflection is not an automatic win if some thought has gone into the attack.

2320275.png

#16 fs_kafziel

fs_kafziel
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:13

In my opinion, everything should be left the same or if it was ever changed be reverted back to the original settings. i.e. PvP ladder = gone, current and future prospected GvG changes = gone. I would, however, like to see buffs be able to cast at an even level 200, the Sealed skill be removed completely and entirely, and have each available potion become a buff. I would also like a maximum marketplace value for fsp, and an opt-out button for any type of PvP participation whatsoever.

#17 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:30

Thank you to everyone who joined and contributed to the developer chat this evening!

Here is a summary of the skill changes that we discussed.

[*:247o2p7d]Gloat: +0.2% per point gold stolen in PvP
This is a nice addition!
[*:247o2p7d]Honor: -0.2% xp loss in PvP (Does not work during bounties)
Same as above
[*:247o2p7d]Sealed: 0.2% per point chance to negate 2 buffs during combat. (The buffs work again as normal after the combat)
this is better than it currently is, yet getting rid of it altogether would be better in my opinion.
[*:247o2p7d]Barricade: +0.15% per point and allow the level to be specified when casting.
sounds fine to me
[*:247o2p7d]Reflection: +0.2% per point of enemies damage inflicted is added to your next combat strike. Change it so the reflected damage is applied before the armor calculation.
So basically its only going to be hitting your raw armor value?
[*:247o2p7d]Change combat activation order to Fortitude -> Severe Condition -> Ageless -> Wither.
GREAT CHANGE, as long as wither is working on HP gained by the first two lol. watch those wither 350 pots get crazy in price, GOLD SINK!!!!

We realize not all players were able to join the chat, so please leave your comments on this thread regarding the proposed changes to the existing skills. :)

We feel the developer chat was very beneficial and we plan to continue doing them on a regular basis - we'll announce on the game news once the time/day of the next one has been decided :)
This, is the best thing you guys could have done to improve the game. Now with this you guys can get a front row seat to the discussions from the players themselves to help you keep it fresh.

#18 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:41

chat log from tonight.

http://fallenswordir...log-from-32712/

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#19 fs_lovysingh

fs_lovysingh
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:10

I want fs game on andriod.

#20 Malshun

Malshun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:14

I like reflection the way it is. It's a great defensive buff to cast on offline players being targeted in gvg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: