Photo

Having fun at Composing?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Composing progress (72 member(s) have cast votes)

How far have you gotten in Composing

1. At least level 4 (18 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. At least level 8 (17 votes [23.61%])

Percentage of vote: 23.61%

3. At least level 12 (12 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. At least level 16 (25 votes [34.72%])

Percentage of vote: 34.72%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:21

How is everyone getting along, now that it's been 7 months or so?

#2 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:33

Am level 19 and halfway to 20, it's a slow slog but glad I persevered.

#3 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:03

hitting 8 in a couple of hours :P kinda slow composer forgot composing for like a month or 4 :P

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#4 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 14:53

Level 7 ... Ughh.. :/ slowly but surley... Fun Fun! LoL

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:24

Perhaps now that the cows are looking at scripting in titan hunting, they can look at it in composing too :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:32

Man! There is composing scripting??? Bah.

You know how people talk about hate-watching TV shows? (I hate watched that last couple of seasons of the Battlestar Galactica reboot, just so I could yell at all the insanity/inanity/trampling on continuity the writers did.)

Well I think I hate-play FS because of composing. I log in, even though I don't want to, just for the sake of a measly 20XP pot,and a torpid crawl towards level 9 composer. My reward will be a longer crawl to level 10. And yes I'm being cheap and choosing not to spend more than 5K gold or 6 frags. I will get there in the end, but I'm hating myself every time I log in... that can't be good. I tell myself It will be better when I can make 2 pots at once at level 10... but I just can't be sure. I'll just run out of gold faster.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#7 clitsy007

clitsy007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 20:47

Lvl 8 and climbing as my bank decreases to 0   :rolleyes:

#8 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 20:59

Perhaps now that the cows are looking at scripting in titan hunting, they can look at it in composing too :)

I would be very disappointed if this were true... I used to keep track of the top composers back when the medal notifications used to work... At the time, the top 5 composers were all losers like myself almost constantly online. All are, in my opinion, seriously sick and addicted to FS but very above board players. It would make me very sad to hear if any of them did something like this.

#9 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:06

Scripting for composing... Dear lord if this is true I have lost all faith in humanity

#10 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 16:01

As long as FSHelper is allowed, it is almost certain (I can even bet 100%) that someone with jQuery/javascript knowledge has already modified their local copy of the script to automate Composing.

Edited by Maj, 02 April 2014 - 16:02.

#11 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Canada

Posted 02 April 2014 - 17:11

Well, I'm at level 5 I think. The exp needed to level for the amount of exp you get for a potion is not ratioed very well

#12 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 23:25

enjoying it - and i imagine a small bump in the number of online players/day as people pop in just to collect and compose 

omg, are you serious....

#13 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 00:11

I think a lot more people have begun to compose as they have seen the results of their friends or guildies, when they see what they are able to make they realize that they should have been doing it all along. I think with more skills added to the mix it will attract even more people to do it. 

As for scripting i think especially in this area i can see where someone could abuse it, wouldn't be hard considering you don't have changing variables and really your literally doing the same thing over and over.

Really composing is easy and it may be a slow pace to level, but even with months of me not doing it and still casually doing it to this point i have surpassed and am double quite a few of your levels. Yes it does become harder to level but ever 10 levels you are able to make another potion, so it does speed up a bit for a few levels before it slows down. Just keep an even pace at it and you will find it was worth the time :)

Also don't know if this is feasible, but maybe Grim may be inclined to offer extra Composing XP lets say for the top 100 contributors, nothing too special but even a small boost is something :)

#14 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 00:55

I believe there is a problem.

On Wiki I can see that Anti-deflect mas level is 200, and I've saw some AD205 composed pots on my guild.

I believe AD max level is 250, so Wiki needs to be fixed.

#15 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:03

so Wiki needs to be fixed.

Even tho the wiki is player modified, what doesn't need fixing at this point...

I'm very discouraged by the game's progress lately.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#16 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:15

Even tho the wiki is player modified, what doesn't need fixing at this point...

I'm very discouraged by the game's progress lately.

Yeah, I tryed to fix it on Wiki, but could not get acess, some problem during registration.

There is so much things to be create/fixed that I don't know if the game will survive time enough to see all them happening.

#17 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:09

I dont know if I would call it fun, more annoying than anything. I have to be online allot so I can compose. I wish there was a auto composing option. It costs a good amount of gold, so I guess its good for a gold sink. 

#18 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:55

I just hit level 18 composing.  Have to be diligent to make progress.

#19 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:01

I don't believe in vampires and evil eyes, but I do believe scripting is alive and well in FS and it's very plausible for me to believe some composers are using it and there have been comments that seem to verify that. Also I can believe that some composers are OCD enough and online enough to advance without it.

I have enough time online to be Level 19 + 80%, but not OCD enough to be higher and to get here has been expensive. I just make the 20 xp pots normally, then a few higher level pots with added xp for myself, and then periodically as gifts for my guildmates. Each night I make pots totally 100 xp to push it a little further. That extra does add up over time.

Composing is a test of endurance and sheer tediousness, alas, I slog onward.

When I max out on the current buffs, I will probably ease up on leveling in this as that seems the logical and fiscally sound approach. I'm not in a race to get no where.

#20 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:21

Level 27 is the natural cooling off point as the coordinated buffs are then maxed out at level 250. With the arena token fiasco the light foot potions I now make are almost redundant at level 400 and this buff also maxes out at level 500 so seems no real point struggling on to max that one out. Librarian finishes at level 250 and is now redundant due to the high number of Librarian 300 potions that were bought from the arena.

Don't get me wrong I am both pleased and satisfied that I have had the endurance to carry on with composing (am currently level 26 and 2/3rds) but see no value in actively seeking to go beyond level 27, which is a big shame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: