Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2015 - 13:46

This update addresses the latency some players have been experiencing on the new world map. Basically, we've changed it so it does not wait for the server to say 'OK!' every time it moves a tile and the action list also will not load until you're done moving.

This vastly speeds up movement around but it's hard for us to test as it works fine on our nice stable / fast internet. We have no idea how well it will work for you guys so please let us know!

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 iceman66

iceman66

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 13:50

Holy crap! I'm flying around the map now.  Please please please keep it this way. This is how it's meant to be!

#3 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 13:51

I've only spent about 100 stam on one map testing it out, but this change is awesome!

It should be good for everyone because movement will be faster and there will be less load on the servers.

Everyone else, please chime in. I hope it's this smooth for everyone!

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 13:55

Hey Zorg, thanks. I wouldn't ask for the snap of a Google page load but for the moment the game's doing much better. The 5+ second page loads are unacceptable as a player. Any plans to keep it from returning to the previous nightmare play?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2015 - 13:55

This system may cause a bit of rubber banding backwards on maps that contain an active Titan. I'm checking to see if there is anything we can do to prevent that.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#6 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 13:59

And while you're fixing lag related stuff... could you fix the very old problem in the forum whereby once posted the post doesn't show to the poster and they hit the post button again and create a double post? Please?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#7 Jinan

Jinan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 14:27

A very good update, this is how it has to be, saves a lot of time for all the players. 

#8 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 14:44

Great update, moving about the new map like a headless chicken :) Hope everyone else is seeing the marked improvement.

Cheers.

wil72

#9 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 March 2015 - 15:19

Tested out the map...working extremely well, no lag just blasting around the map.  Looking forward to trying it out on Titans.

15226d1324583989-no-burning-rubber-allow

#10 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 15:50

Quite an improvement on my tablet.. Love being able to change my path and not have it freezeup

#11 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 16:42

The improvement is fine but as already said,the page loads being too long are posing a problem.

#12 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2015 - 16:59

It does seem a lot quicker thanks for your hard work in this regard Zorg!!!

#13 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 March 2015 - 17:50

Well.....I tried out finishing a quest, and didn't notice any difference.  But I hadn't been experiencing any lag to speak off.

Of course it's the middle of the afternoon right now in the Eastern US, so that might have something to do with it.

Many thanks for coming up with a solution that not only seems to work, but makes an improvement to the game :lol:

#14 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 18:28

Many thanks Zorg... sounds like an excellent improvement and I'd recently been having more and more issues with map movement. 

Hoping to test it out, though I'm not doing too much running today.

Titan hunters? Issues? That's where I move the most. 

Thanks again and prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#15 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 18:43

I noticed the difference right away.  It definitely looks and feels a lot more smoother. Thanks Zorg! 

#16 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 19:09

I just did a quick test. I can see that the action list isn't updating. I got "you cannot move more than 1 square at a time" roughly in the middle of my movement. I've only been able to reproduce that twice in about 10 tests though, seems intermittent.

#17 Eyreland

Eyreland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 19:26

Capture.PNG still having major "rubberbanding" issues...hunted today and had the problem everywhere..not just on titan areas...also..on relic and guildies show up as red...

Edited by Eyreland, 24 March 2015 - 19:33.

#18 Reddstarr

Reddstarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 20:23

Map is a lot faster now, I honestly never knew the delay was because of lag lol.

#19 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 20:46

I just had a quick runabout on Mountain Path and the rubberbanding was frequent even though no Titan in area.

Then as reached destination square, action list was still sat with whirly wheel at the top followed by:

Failed to connect: Master Database [10.132.128.119]

#20 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 20:49

Getting a lot of "You cannot move more than 1 square at a time" and "Active Titan movement speed restriction in effect" notifications while hunting the Tsuki.. Other than that it's a lot smoother.. Still think you shouldn't be spammed with notifications like that while using the map the way its supposed to be used.. But that'll come in due time i suppose.

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: