#1 Tamrath

Tamrath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2011 - 23:14

Last update was send out on July 7th, 2012

The last couple of months I have noticed that people are searching for a good creature picker.

I developed one a while ago and over the last two weeks I have tidied it up so others will be able to use it as well.

To run this spreadsheet you will need Excel (preferably 2010). This version will not work with OpenOffice and older versions of Excel.

If you want this spreadsheet and future updates, mail me @ Tamrath@ymail.com and I will mail you the spreadsheet, as well as future updates.

If you have any suggestions to improve it, just post it here and I will include it in the next version.

Release notes
To upgrade from the previous version, just copy the relevant data from the Character Tab of the older version to the Character tab of the new version.

Release 1.0
Released: June 13th, 2011

The creature picker for Melee damage however is working. It is not totally ready, but it is getting there.
But let me warn you, the spread sheet does not come with a manual and it has lots of features.
Just a few:
* You can enter up to 15 characters
* Gives a list of the top 7 creatures to kill
* Exclude none detectable creatures
* Exclude special event creatures
* Enable calculation of the effect of using Doubler
* Select either the manual entered stats or have the system calculate based on the distribution of your level up points and your unveiled stats what the effect of a vial would be.
* System shows if you should turn a creature (if your character can turn a creature or not)
* See how much damage the creature will do on you while you try to kill it[/color]

Release 1.1
Released: June 18th, 2011
Changes for Melee Damage (WarriorCalc Tab):
* User interface has been changed to make it more intuitive.
* Changed the way Deathblow and Critical Hit are implemented.
Only used if the number of hits you need to kill the creature with (without Deathblow) is less than the average number of hits it would take to get either Deathblow or Critical Hit.* Added move data for several creatures
* Added two new Creatures that were found by Marjin in the Dark Province.
Fenir
Vlyr

* Thump and Crush were implemented.
Added advice to either Thump or Hit a creature.* Added Hurt for the Angel Class.
The average level of Hurt has been set to 17,5% based on killing 20 Vile Ghoul's in the Gothador Realm
System calculates the optimal number of times a creature should be hurt and if you should still use the Turn skill as well
The system does not calculate beyond hurting a creature more than 10 times* Added Angelic Shield
* Top 10 creatures are now displayed
* Hard Shell was added and the AC on the WarriorCalc tab now shows the AC including Hardshell
* Added several new fields in the "Character" Tab that are needed for this release or are in preparation for future expansion:
Magical Resistance
Avoid Death[/list]
Release 1.25
Released: June 29th, 2011

Lots of changes in the background. Vial stats are now calculated more accurate.
But I still haven't been able to totally reverse engineer the calculations.
Based on the used of several
* Attack - calucated correctly (except difference due to rounding)
* Defence - calculated correctly expept for Shadow class
* AC - Not always calculated properly
* HP - Not always calculated properly
* MP - Not always caluclated properly
* DMG Min - calculated correctly (except difference due to rounding)
* DMG Max - calculated correctly (except difference due to rounding)

Other changes:
* Several bug fixes
* Several cosmetic changes to the interface
* It is now possible to exclude creatures that take a minimal number of hits to kill to speed up leveling
* Experience per AP used has been added to the picklist
This week no new creatures were added to Gothador.

Release 2.00
Released July 9th, 2011

Changes to the Character Tab

* Added Mana Conserve to the Basic Skill section

* Fine tuned the calculation of Demonic Possession.
* Label for Hurt for Monks, Angels and Trancendents is now displayed properly
* Problem of creatures not showing up properly in case they have the same XP per AP ratio was solved
* Mega Tump implemented for Juggernauts

Changes for Sorcery Damage (MageCalc Tab):
Complete new Mage calculation tab with lots of new features including:
* Calculates DMG based on the Wisdom level
* Calculates MP needed for a kill
* Turn Skill
* Demonic Possession
* Hurt
* Calculate with or without the use of Doubler
Note: Always use the spells at around 50%. Difference in AP between 50% and 98% is minimal. However you will get far more spell experience on 50%

Release 2.10
Released July 17th, 2011

* Added average distance for a few more creatures, including a few creatures that are not detectable. The average distance is in does cases not based on 51 kills, but on using the sight skill on at least half the realm. Systematically searching by moving 3 squares at a time. Dark realms are mapped in the same way but in that case just by walking.
* Dark Realms and looking for creatures that are not detectable are now taken into account while calculating the AP needed for a kill.
* Solved several small bugs, especially in the Mage Tab
* Added a Remarks column, displaying additional information

Release 2.50
Released Friday January 13th, 2012

Sorcery Calculation Sheet
The Hurt calculation now takes the cast chance into account while calculating the minimum number of AP needed.
Melee Calculation Sheet
AC is now displayed with and without Hard Shell
Please note: Hard Shell is not displayed in your Gothador stats, however you AC is adjusted depending on your level op Hard Shell while fighting a creature. There is however one exception and that is while entering a square without using Teleport. Gothador uses your AC without Hard Shell calculating the damage you sustain while entering a square.
Both the Sorcery and Melee Calculation Sheet
Hurt now calculates up to 35x hurt
Enchants have been incorporated. They take into account your subclass
All known creatures are included in this release.
[/list]
Release 2.51-2.53
* Added several new Creatures.
Chaos Dragon
Dark Agent
Dark Forger
Dark Sprite
Dark Treeman

Release 2.54
Released May 30th, 2012

* Added 5 new creatures
Icedeep Demon
Icedeep Drake
Icedeep Dragon
Icedeep Greenskin
Icedeep Troll

Release 2.55
Released July 7th, 2012

* Added 3 new creatures
Gnawfel
Tharon
Werebear

#2 marjin

marjin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 15:12

Tamrath,
I have not seen your creature picker yet, but I suspect that in the end you deliver a list of creatures based on most XP/AP. For creatures that need a number of hits to kill them that is fine.
In the old creature picker this system stopped at the Desert Warrior as no other gave a better XP/AP. Problem was that with 1 hit to kill and tens of kills per level it took ages to level, independent of Doubler.

So I discovered a better way to find good levelling creatures for high level players: just look at (basic)XP/HP of the creature. Ignore its and your other stats (just check if you can attack at all and survive retalliation) and go for the one with the highest total (basic)XP by the highest (basic)XP/HP. There are very few high XP creatures with a better XP/HP than 10.
I only look at BASIC XP, all the other XP modifiers are character dependent while I go for character independent stats.

The new factor that enters here is time. You can kill a certain average number of creatures per minute (or better, per doubler). So for a fixed XP/HP you get the most levels with the highest total XP. That is, until you are out of usp's.

Maybe you can make a version of your speadsheet giving best avarage XP/HP sorted by max XP.

NB. There once was a Gothador Picker 2.6, giving your stats depending on basic stats, equipped items and vials.
I updated it with tier5 and (almost all) of the new items. It now can be called Gothador Tracker 3.0 .

#3 Tamrath

Tamrath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2011 - 15:56

Marjin,

My creature picker calculates base experience per AP. It takes all the AP needed into account (e.g. turn skill, moving, detect etc.). It also takes into account the special skill and character specific characteristics. But you probably find that it in essence looks quite a lot like the one you have.
If you are interested to have a look at my Creature Picker, send me a PM with your email address and I send it to you. Depending on how busy I will be I hope to deliver an update once a week over the next couple of weeks.

T

#4 Copperfoil

Copperfoil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:51

The only thing that I sort of feel that's lacking is Thump (I only feel that cause I don't have to deal with any other abilities :lol:). Just a quick look at the spreadsheet says the best exp is Snow Spiders and that it would take 8 hits to kill one. Quick math using max health/damage that I know is lower than what I would be hitting in reality = 1.8 hits. So 2 hits. That goes from 500k exp that the guide shows to 1.5 mil exp per AP. Pretty big jump.

Same for Dark Nyms. Apparently I need 150 AP to kill one, when quick math/field test shows that it's about 50 AP.

None of this is taking into account the miss chance that comes with Thump. But if you really wanna factor that in, just add whatever % is has of failing (I think it's 25%?) So Dark Nyms would be 63ish.

I have no clue how you could do this since I'm not 100% sure how the spreadsheet works. Maybe it could be added like a Turn ability function where it doubles whatever damage it looks at and slaps on the penalty of the miss chance? Or maybe a whole nother tab for the oddball class. I also know that if you go in and change the stats to whatever you hit with Thump, it just throws it all out of wack and starts suggesting stupidly high stuff to kill.

Meh, just me rambling on about random stuff I found. Probably didn't even set it up right. Regardless, it's very nice in the fact of how it works. Makes me wanna learn more about Excel.

#5 Skallagrime

Skallagrime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:07

I'd be happy to review the sheet and add my input/thump etc calcs if you would like it

mr.a.d.evans@gmail.com

Quit your whining, I'm mining

https://drive.google...eVU&usp=sharing

#6 Tamrath

Tamrath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 June 2011 - 19:38

Creature picker version 1.1 was just released

#7 Copperfoil

Copperfoil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 20:17

Real quick, under advanced skills, Crush, the tooltip says thumb instead of thump. Stupid OCD. Least its a 10 second fix and can wait til 1.2

Also, is there a way to import stuff from 1 to 1.1/1.11? I copy pasted most of it, but some of the skills and what not I had to do manually. Would hate to have to do that for 4 or 5 accounts.

Can't wait to see this all 100% completed.

#8 Tamrath

Tamrath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 June 2011 - 20:45

Typing error in the tooltip has been corrected and will be part of the 1.2 release.
Upgrading from 1 to 1.1/1.11 is little bit of a pain. This is a one off.
There is no other way to do this than to copy and paste. I could write an export/import tool, but that would put development of version 1.2 on a hold.
Future upgrades will be easier for changes to the lay-out of the first Tab will be minimal. You will find that Copy and paste will be easy and fast. Moving from version 1 to 1.11 takes a little longer if you have more than one account. For version 1.11 to 1.2 or higher it makes no difference if you have 1 or 15 accounts (characters).

#9 Blyss

Blyss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 22:19

johndsockey@gmail.com if you feel like throwing one my way. Would love to have it.

#10 4paws

4paws

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 13:24

Would like a copy please:
4paws3333@gmail.com

Thanx for all the work!

#11 Visigoth

Visigoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 21:42

Changes for Soccery Damage

Does this mean Manchester United is gaining more strength? :lol:

#12 Visigoth

Visigoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:44

Thanx for sending the picker :)

Only problem is i can't open it, says it is password protected or encrypted.

Granted I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, could mebbe tell me what i am doing wrong?

_bow_

#13 Tamrath

Tamrath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:26

Granted I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, could mebbe tell me what i am doing wrong?

_bow_

I also send a copy to myself and I checked this copy on another computer and it works fine. Part of the spreadsheet is password protected (It would take me too much time to clean up the coding in such a way that it can be shared), you should be able to work with it though. So if you can send as many details as possible on what you are doing I will see if I can figure out what goes wrong. The email address is Tamrath@ymail.com

T

#14 Visigoth

Visigoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 20:43

_bow_

I also send a copy to myself and I checked this copy on another computer and it works fine. Part of the spreadsheet is password protected (It would take me too much time to clean up the coding in such a way that it can be shared), you should be able to work with it though. So if you can send as many details as possible on what you are doing I will see if I can figure out what goes wrong. The email address is Tamrath@ymail.com

T

:oops:
Helps if ya have excel...wifey fixed me up...works fine...now, lol :roll:

#15 Tamrath

Tamrath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 July 2011 - 20:48

Glad to hear that it has been sorted :) Enjoy

#16 4paws

4paws

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 22:39

Awesome job! Many thanx :mrgreen:

#17 Visigoth

Visigoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:41

yup...I agree. Muchas gracias senor :wink:

#18 Tamrath

Tamrath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 July 2011 - 21:03

Creature Picker v 2.11 was just released. Four new creatures were added:
Glacial Wyrm
Glacial Whisp
King Wyrm
Glacier Wyrm (This creature should disappear over time for it will not be respawned)

#19 Pidge

Pidge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 16:39

Tamwrath could I get a copy of that as well please and thank you lost_pidge@yahoo.com

#20 FrankNStien

FrankNStien

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 20:25

Could I have a copy - asimple instructions how to use - My 30 yrs in computers was 99%+ on mainframes and Mini's - I've had no formal PC training and NEVER used a spreadsheet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: