#1 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:38

I think it is best to extend the duration of the double XP event to allow for more players to take advantage of the event.
2pm server time limits a lot of players from hunting during the event if they have plans that do not allow them to sit at a computer for up to a couple hours.
I think it would be most fair to start the event at :00 server time and possibly even go through Monday. The XP does not have to start when the gifts are sent out , there is no reason for this to happen.
Also, I hope that the 50 levels of content are released well before the event to work out any kinks.

#2 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:00

Wow, the cows give an inch and we always have to try and take a mile. Be thankfull the cows are running an xp event and that they've given plenty of notice. Arrange to be there or accept the consequences of your choices, you can't have your cake and then eat the cows too.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#3 goldlee02

goldlee02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:01

i love it sound great to me to...lol or sunday 0:00 to Tuesday 00:00
i cant wait 1080 here i come

#4 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:23

I have a life outside FS and I enjoy doing things away from the computer and am not going to change plans into order for an event on a online game. All I am suggesting here is to extend the event to allow for people that don't sit on their **** during weekends and play video games to have the chance to hunt during the week.

#5 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:06

The xp event is a gift, they even gave plenty of warning. The fact that you don't see anything wrong with 'asking for a better gift' is just another sign that the entitlement 'disease' has grown to pretty epic proportions. They give us a double xp event and people complain that its not triple, they give us a specific timeframe and we complain because it doesn't fit with our plans. You really don't think there's anything wrong with this picture?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#6 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:07

Nothing wrong with his request. Perfectly valid.

However, I doubt the Cows will be too fond of an extension.

#7 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:38

The xp event is a gift, they even gave plenty of warning. The fact that you don't see anything wrong with 'asking for a better gift' is just another sign that the entitlement 'disease' has grown to pretty epic proportions. They give us a double xp event and people complain that its not triple, they give us a specific timeframe and we complain because it doesn't fit with our plans. You really don't think there's anything wrong with this picture?

+1 ^ ~ You guys know it's healthy for your mind not getting what you want all the time, right?
I see this as spoiled tendency, think about the DOUBLE XP EVENT as the Christmas gift to us, if you had a gift certificate for a luxury spa for Christmas, would you then ask the owner for extending cause you wanted 5 days instead of a weekend? ~ Well I guess it would be last time that person would hand you anything for Christmas

Good to see that you have a mind in the Christmas spirit, Shardoom! Thankfulness

#8 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:55

Wow, the cows give an inch and we always have to try and take a mile. Be thankfull the cows are running an xp event and that they've given plenty of notice. Arrange to be there or accept the consequences of your choices, you can't have your cake and then eat the cows too.

I'm a vegetarian. But I'll have some cake if there's enough to go around. ;)

#9 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:03

There's nothing wrong with the starting time of the event.
As 2good4u222 said, it's a perfectly fine request to extend the duration of this event across the weekend. Somewhere in there everyone should be able to find time to complete their hunt and quests. From Friday 02:00pm GMT to Monday 00:01am sounds reasonable.

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:25

Removed the trolling and edited a post or two to remove name calling. Play nice please Guys.

#11 fs_shanaunite

fs_shanaunite
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:02

Be glad youre getting a double xp weekend :P in the end its just extra xp so it barely matters if you are able to participate or not. :P

#12 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2012 - 13:58

Get up an hour earlier than usual, or go to sleep an hour later, if you are really that bothered about missing the XP event.

I am sure you will find some time to at least burn a little of your stamina. Do all your planning before hand, so you can just log, get buffs, use pots and Hunt!... Good luck Placeboo. :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#13 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 14:29

First off: thank you HCS for giving us a double XP event and also for the heads up it will be happening.

Get up an hour earlier than usual, or go to sleep an hour later, if you are really that bothered about missing the XP event.

Unfortunately some of us play on library computers and since they are government run, many of us will miss out. (Me being one of them) But having played this game almost exclusively from the library, I'm used to the inconvenience although an extension would be nice. 8)
Posted Image

#14 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 14:29

Regardless of the start time, the event runs for 48 hours. That's plenty long and gives everyone at least 2 chances to run during their normal play time. The cows have given plenty of notice to prepare so the event is fine as it is.

Screenshot everything!

#15 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2012 - 16:10

Regardless of the start time, the event runs for 48 hours. That's plenty long and gives everyone at least 2 chances to run during their normal play time. The cows have given plenty of notice to prepare so the event is fine as it is.

A starting time on Friday, plus the whole weekend can't hurt. Not everyone can fit their hunt in with daily life the way you can, for instance. Some people only play the game from the library, office or internet cafe on weekdays.. some people have a busy Sunday with church gatherings, some people don't use internet on Friday at all to visit the mosque, some people go to the synagogue on Saturday and don't touch their pc. Increasing the duration from 48 hours to 60 hours won't hurt anyone. It would give us more time to complete the seasonal quests at our leisure, while being able to spend time with family.

#16 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 19 December 2012 - 16:21

48 hours is fine, the community has been informed a week in advance to prepare for this event. As with any event, global, LE, caves, XP, some can participate, some cannot. Appreciate what's given, considering hcs could simply have sent out a christmas potion with season greetings.

#17 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 17:12

48 hours is fine, the community has been informed a week in advance to prepare for this event. As with any event, global, LE, caves, XP, some can participate, some cannot. Appreciate what's given, considering hcs could simply have sent out a christmas potion with season greetings.

+1 they have no obligation to give us anything. I am sorry that the XP event does not cater to your time, but as with most of us, if you are not available for the party, you do not get to have the party favors.

48 hours is extremely generous and they gave you plenty of time to plan. If your whole weekend is filled with family doings and other things, be thankful that you have those RL things to do and enjoy yourself. We all make choices. I do not think missing the event to enjoy your life is a bad thing but, does not mean the Cows have to change THIER plans for YOU.

#18 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 19 December 2012 - 17:16

lol, I dont know how it got to insulting the person who started this thread. I don't agree with him, but I don't see a reason to start blasting at him like that.

Sadly, not all events can be good for everyone, and in this case, the author is unlucky. Shame to miss such an event. When something like that happens to me, I would just stay up for one or two extra hours at night and hunt.

Good luck everyone.

#19 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 17:28

48 hrs is 48 hrs you either take advantage of it or you dont world wont end ...and game will still be here following day if you have real life issues and you really want to do the event then make that choice

#20 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 17:34

48 hrs is 48 hrs you either take advantage of it or you dont world wont end ...and game will still be here following day if you have real life issues and you really want to do the event then make that choice

Actually the world is supposed to end, but it is unrelated to the point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: