• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 nonya

nonya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 18:02

I recently brought a new member into the guild, then received a message from the founder of another guild, that this particular player had pilfered some valuable gear from their guild store, before they had a chance to tag the items. I don't know all of the details, but I know there is a short time between placing the items in the store and tagging them, that they are vulnerable to theft.

My suggestion is that items are able to be tagged while still in a players possession (in their backpack for instance) before they are placed into the guild store (or) that there is a time limit before players can get access to items in the store - say 5 minutes.

I don't know that it's even possible, but to lose items that could be worth 100's of FSP to a thief, doesn't seem right.

I have to believe it's happened to other guilds as well, though probably not often.

Thanks!
Nonya

#2 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 18:06

Sure.

Bring in the "coders."

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#3 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2011 - 18:23

Good idea :)

#4 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 18:41

I never had that happen to me but came close once where the kid took it just as it was tagged,,,nice of them to let us know we should kick them immediately.
Also if not too much trouble could there be something where a group leader who got a drop is the only one who can take it from the store? I have seen things stolen this way a few times although never in my current guild :)

#5 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 18:44

HCS might as well add this update with titan rewards. As a guild won Skally boots and someone took them.

#6 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2011 - 18:46

HCS might as well add this update with titan rewards. As a guild won Skally boots and someone took them.

When tkp items are bought in a guild...they are tagged O.o. Titan drops arent tho when won by a guild. Weird.

*points at coder* you gonna be busy busy :P

#7 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 October 2011 - 18:53

I haven't bought any TKP items recently to know if they are tagged or not when bought, but I know when you 50% a titan, the TKP item is dropped in untagged.

#8 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 19:01

I haven't bought any TKP items recently to know if they are tagged or not when bought, but I know when you 50% a titan, the TKP item is dropped in untagged.

My Point, Lets say my guild has 51% of the kills and another guild clears them, and no one else is online i could just take the epic sell it before anyone from my guild realises.

#9 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 19:02

could have swore the last time titans were updated that the drops came tagged? havent hunted in a while so have not seen it 1st hand.

#10 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 19:06

would be nice to see titan secured drops automatically tagged *thumbs up*

#11 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 19:09

Hi all,

In this latest game update, we have improved the following aspects of the game.

Titan Rewards

If your guild has the 'Enabled Guild Item Tagging' upgrade, items received from guild victories over titans will now automatically be Guild Tagged. Note this also applies to items purchased with Titan Kill Points.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

That was a few months ago, so is it not working?

#12 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 19:16

Just got it confirmed by titan hunters

******* says: TKP bought are tagged....secured aren't tagged.

******* says: secured drops are untagged always

Needs an update.

Both from the same guild and they won a titan reward today. :| So its obviously not worked.

#13 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 19:17

i thought that was changed but i guess its not working for secures..i hear it just works for TKP items but i haven't seen one of those purchased in awhile ;) :lol: 8)

#14 fs_ragingwave

fs_ragingwave
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2011 - 22:34

For sure. There's no reason not to implement it, and it'll definitely be of use. Same goes for untagging as well.

#15 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 22:45

For sure. There's no reason not to implement it, and it'll definitely be of use. Same goes for untagging as well.

Exactly its like a mistake HCS missed, and it should be thought about for a second. Should have been fixed imediatley

#16 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2011 - 22:49

We'll get it changed so the item is tagged when dropped. :)

#17 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 22:52

We'll get it changed so the item is tagged when dropped. :)

Awesome thanks.

#18 etrigan778

etrigan778

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 00:51

this should have been done ages ago... :roll: the titan tagging, and tagging from bp

#19 nonya

nonya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:35

Update - and this time it happened to our guild - and I am the original poster of this thread, posted to try to prevent this very thing from happening to 'other' guilds... how ironic is that!?

Sent to Hunted Cow Studio's: I've just been informed that a player in our guild, retrieved the first and only Titan Reward our guild has received, and promptly left the guild. I highly doubt that there is anything Hunted Cow Studios or the Game Admins can or are willing to do about the theft - but here's the report I received from 3eko (he and I are the guild co-foundes).

18:45 24/Nov/2011 Your guild obtained the item 'Tsukiyaomos Benighted Helm' from your guild's contribution to the defeat of the titan 'Tsukiyaomo (Titan)'.

19:09 24/Nov/2011 holden55 took the item 'Tsukiyaomos Benighted Helm' from the Guild Store.
19:10 24/Nov/2011 'holden55' has left the guild.

My Question: Why would a reward (especially of that value and hard won) be made available to be stolen by any member... why can't items be rewarded and retrieved by the guild founders, or even be locked so something like this can't happen? There has to be a solution that Hunted Cow Studios can come up with to prevent this from happening to any guild!?

Note: The item sells for 600 to 640 FSP in the Auction House.

#20 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:58

Update - and this time it happened to our guild - and I am the original poster of this thread, posted to try to prevent this very thing from happening to 'other' guilds... how ironic is that!?

Sent to Hunted Cow Studio's: I've just been informed that a player in our guild, retrieved the first and only Titan Reward our guild has received, and promptly left the guild. I highly doubt that there is anything Hunted Cow Studios or the Game Admins can or are willing to do about the theft - but here's the report I received from 3eko (he and I are the guild co-foundes).

18:45 24/Nov/2011 Your guild obtained the item 'Tsukiyaomos Benighted Helm' from your guild's contribution to the defeat of the titan 'Tsukiyaomo (Titan)'.

19:09 24/Nov/2011 holden55 took the item 'Tsukiyaomos Benighted Helm' from the Guild Store.
19:10 24/Nov/2011 'holden55' has left the guild.

My Question: Why would a reward (especially of that value and hard won) be made available to be stolen by any member... why can't items be rewarded and retrieved by the guild founders, or even be locked so something like this can't happen? There has to be a solution that Hunted Cow Studios can come up with to prevent this from happening to any guild!?

Note: The item sells for 600 to 640 FSP in the Auction House.

shame they haven't fixed it yet, looks like another thing that's sitting on hoof's to-do list, as long as you have screenshots to prove the above I think HCS will get the item back for you and possibly ban the player - best submitting a ticket.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: