• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#1 tpau

tpau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 00:40

I have played for 3 year and 9 months now, and have seen fewer and fewer players daily. All the "improvements" have run off players who do not want to play only pvp. If there were an opt-out of pvp so that players have a choice of how they play, FS wouldn't be losing them all. Let the pvper play that way and those who don't want to don't have to. I keep seeing HCS repeatedly saying that FS is a pvp game but I have yet to hear them say it is "just" a pvp game. Potion makers can't sell or the thieves steal gold. Wake up, HCS, before FS dies.

#2 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:09

HAHA you really think that is why numbers are down? Numbers are down for 2 big reasons.

1) There are better alternatives perhaps. What about all the console games? Sports or real life activities? Etc.

2) It is free to play but its very hard to excel without some donations or a lot of hard work. People are used to instant gratification in our modern society so they aren't willing to do the hard work. some are, most aren't. Some are too cheap / unable to make a donation so they fall behind. They lose interest and quit.

Some players have quit over the GvG restructuring, getting hit in pvp, etc. But is that the reason why FS went from 1,500-2,000 online at a time to 400-600. no.

Something to ponder: Number of online players were HIGHER when pvp protection didn't exist in the game. I'm not saying they are correlated but your making the case they are. Your making that case by saying "if players don't want to experience pvp, they should be able to play in a bubble". If that is the case, pvp protection is partly to blame for the numbers going down.

Ponder 2: How much pvping goes on beyond level 300? Outside of the pvp ladder, not very much. I've been hit maybe 5-10 times in 3-4 years of being level 300+. Players aren't going beyond level 200 in the game anymore. There are many reasons for this.

#3 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:13

You would think after 3 years and 9 months you would notice something other than PvP... have you been hit lately and lost a lot of gold? Not sure what the point of this topic is...

#4 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:15

HAHA you really think that is why numbers are down? Numbers are down for 2 big reasons.

1) There are better alternatives perhaps. What about all the console games? Sports or real life activities? Etc.

2) It is free to play but its very hard to excel without some donations or a lot of hard work. People are used to instant gratification in our modern society so they aren't willing to do the hard work. some are, most aren't. Some are too cheap / unable to make a donation so they fall behind. They lose interest and quit.

Some players have quit over the GvG restructuring, getting hit in pvp, etc. But is that the reason why FS went from 1,500-2,000 online at a time to 400-600. no.

The old style of PvP before it was changed/improved/nerfed (delete as applicable) DID drive players away. They would get hit multiple times in their offline time (for whatever reason) and only be able to place 1 bounty. The fact that the game has now changed is irrelevent to the majority of them because they are unaware of that fact.

The concept of bringing back old players is a good one - but, given that most players don't know other, absent players contact details, it's one that's sadly under-utilised.

Maybe the cows should send out a global mailing, to all players who reached, say, Level 100 in the game before quitting, and give a list of reasons why the game is different to when they quit.

List the changes they have made, and see if any come back....

#5 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:16

i remember my first mmo...

#6 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:20

The concept of bringing back old players is a good one - but, given that most players don't know other, absent players contact details, it's one that's sadly under-utilised.

Maybe the cows should send out a global mailing, to all players who reached, say, Level 100 in the game before quitting, and give a list of reasons why the game is different to when they quit.

+1

#7 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:22

That's if the old players even bother checking their multiple emails in which one of them that's probably filled with spam is the one with the FS profile still hopefully intact; innovation is so far out that the term mail now is almost never overused with personal weblinks embellished archives etc.

eqnq15.png                  

#8 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:34

That's right you I and others already have stated this due to this kind of environment we're all managing in. Don't feel too down though; good new news! The birth rate is increasing and so is the FS population what's going to happen next?

How much pvping goes on beyond level 300? Outside of the pvp ladder, not very much. I've been hit maybe 5-10 times in 3-4 years of being level 300+. Players aren't going beyond level 200 in the game anymore. There are many reasons for this.

Would it be better for you if they got rid of the Pvp aspect or since it used to be attacking players 5 levels below or above virtually to later 10 to now 20 or more at a certain range? That's going to make the most normal players look like psychopaths. What's the real limit for pvping to you

eqnq15.png                  

#9 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:52

I would be for increasing the normal pvp range for say level 500+, and then again at 1000+. so maybe +/- 20 at 500+ and +/-30 at 1000+. concept is already been implemented into gvging.

#10 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:11

I have played for 3 year and 9 months now, and have seen fewer and fewer players daily. All the "improvements" have run off players who do not want to play only pvp. If there were an opt-out of pvp so that players have a choice of how they play, FS wouldn't be losing them all. Let the pvper play that way and those who don't want to don't have to. I keep seeing HCS repeatedly saying that FS is a pvp game but I have yet to hear them say it is "just" a pvp game. Potion makers can't sell or the thieves steal gold. Wake up, HCS, before FS dies.

http://www.eldevin.com/

Nubs these days.

#11 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:52

Pfffft!

Players know that you have to shake the mothballs off the wallet & donate to play. New or old that's the way of this game these days, no matter what others tell you.

#12 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:57

Players know that you have to shake the mothballs off the wallet & donate to play. New or old that's the way of this game these days, no matter what others tell you.

This is what pains me

uwClls8.png

#13 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:01

You feel the pain, I feel the pain..95% of players feel the pain.

No escaping the truth though.

Fact of life.

#14 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:06

Pfffft!

Sorry, but that's baloney. Sure, players CAN donate - and it makes it much easier if you do, but you don't HAVE to. Only if you want to be competitive is it an advantage and, even then, there's other ways of making game currency..

#15 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:33

Call it baloney all you like doesn't change the fact that to play & be competitive requires dipping into your finances. Finances that are greatly suppressed due to national/global crisis.

There is so much championing on these forums that you can play for free. Once upon a time that was true, back in 2008 or even 2009, but you would be hard pressed to develop & excel your character in 2013 for free. Why else do you think online players have dropped so dramatically? It's not because of the Leveler/PvP old age argument that many would have you believe, it's because of lack of finances to fund building your character into a strong competitor.

The only option available (for non-donators) is to complete 'Free Rewards' & receive Shards! Pfffft! That hardly works if you want to upgrade your character & I feel sorry for those that endure the spam into their email + viral infections.

#16 jzarashi

jzarashi

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:45

In my personal opinion, not much updates from the developers who are focused on eldevin. There are a number of good suggestions on features to implement to make the game more exciting but sadly, not much love given to the game.

some of them are:

1. composing or brewing of potions, feature was proposed Jan 08 and had a 90+ % approval rate. It is now end of March and it still hasn't been implemented yet. (since 1600 buffs have been released, we should see and update next week)

2. Player achievements

3. Guild achievments on top of the first few that were released.

#17 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:37

+1

You nailed it right on the head with that one. Send out an e-mail to those who have left the game. I know alot of my buds have left but, can't contact them cause of not having their e-mail to send them the link to return to FS. I don't give a darn about getting a reward for getting old players back into the game, I want to improve the game so it will stick around.

#18 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:53

An intresting thing was mentioned (by a few to me via PM and FaceBook) about having to give money to get ahead in the game.

I donate when I can (raising a kid and, life of living is taxing on the funds) however, you can pull in a good amount of FSP without giving money.

I raised over 167 FSP in about 20 days (or less) to buy my Zaragoth Gloves to complete my set, upgraded my character, crafted gear for my guild, paid for TKP and, then some. So, you can make FSP without giving money.

I often give donations to HCS cause I like playing FS and, I do enjoy getting some nice FSP from not having to work my butt off for it. However, nothing comes easy in life and, if you use your head, you can make FS a bit easier to live with (and grow) as well.

I won't disclose all the ways to make FSP but here are some:

1. Selling buffs.
2. Doing titan killing for TKP payment.
3. GVGing (requires some elbow grease to do but, can be well worth it).
4. Farming plants to sell (or make your own potions to sell).
5. Play the MP (buy FSP high, sell low). Take a while to make FSP that way but, you can.
6. Do rewards (if you worry about spam or viruses do video ones for now).
7. BB can net you some nice rewards however, you can be counter bountied (risk but, can be fun).
8. Seek and destroy SE critters in the realms. Item drops can often give you some nice FSP or, get the set for your guild.
9. Search AH looking for good deals and, turn a quick buck. Even if you buy it and sell it for 1 FS more then you paid for it, you made something.

I have too many more ways to turn a buck but, I think people know you can do it (and withouh too much of a hassle).

#19 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 13:33

I haven't donated a nickel and I think I've done decent :/

#20 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 14:16

In my personal opinion, not much updates from the developers who are focused on eldevin. There are a number of good suggestions on features to implement to make the game more exciting but sadly, not much love given to the game.

some of them are:

1. composing or brewing of potions, feature was proposed Jan 08 and had a 90+ % approval rate. It is now end of March and it still hasn't been implemented yet. (since 1600 buffs have been released, we should see and update next week)

2. Player achievements

3. Guild achievments on top of the first few that were released.

+1, i completly agree..too slow to implement things into the game...takes months, sometimes close to a year......most players will leave the game before improvements happen...way to much time being spent on new game..and virtually zero time being spent on this game...arena- which keeps players online for hours is dead - drove away most of the arena players..check the top250 arena and most dont play fs anymore..the best part of this game that can be played with 0 stamina they have let die and nothing new is going to happen..arena- r.i.p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: