Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2013 - 17:10

We've tweaked the 'New Medal Achieved' Tavern Rumour so that it will now only update twice a day (once at 6am and once at 6pm).

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 July 2013 - 17:12

Thanks, much appreciated hoof.

#3 Croscahd

Croscahd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 17:14

Always enjoy the updates! Thanks!

#4 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 17:18

Much appreciated Hoof!

#5 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 17:25

Shouldn't it be tweaked to perhaps show just diamond achievements? When the list gets as big as I imagine it will be, no ones gonna look at it. I guess lets see what it looks like.

#6 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 July 2013 - 17:34

Shouldn't it be tweaked to perhaps show just diamond achievements? When the list gets as big as I imagine it will be, no ones gonna look at it. I guess lets see what it looks like.

After a few days the list would update once in a blue moon. Though I do think this idea has some merit, maybe instead a cutoff at crystal, or perhaps create a list similar to rising stars instead.

#7 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 18:11

Thanks for the tweak! I like that even low-level medals will be announced. Newer players will likely appreciate having their achievements noted.

#8 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 July 2013 - 19:54

Why not have a side bar that shows the medals earned in the passed hour and changes each page refresh

And I also think the game states bar is not really needed when your states already shows on top of the page under your experience bar

sigma_468x60.jpg

#9 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 19:55

Why not have a side bar that shows the medals earned in the passed hour and changes each page refresh

Maybe in the Spoils of War box?

#10 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 20:19

i enjoyed getting an update more often.. any way we could get a preference to speed it up? 

#11 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2013 - 17:07

I enjoyed getting an update more often.. any way we could get a preference to speed it up? 

+1 Was a nice touch. Guess it wasn't 'efficient' enough for some people though...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#12 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 18:10

I have to say: even at only twice a day, these medal reports are rather dominating the tavern rumor archive, and make it harder to search for other, more useful, information.

I'd also say that posting a list of 120 odd medals is a great way to hide the medal winners in plain sight. It is too much information, and so is more likely to be ignored.

I'm not a fan of this form of rumor, but if you are going to do it can I suggest you keep it to no more than maybe a dozen medal awards each time? Or (having just read some earlier posts) the sidebar idea would be better still.

#13 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 20:04

I'd still prefer an option to turn the alert off completely :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#14 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 20:45

The medalists should be placed alphabetically  

#15 Mekrushu

Mekrushu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:55

We've tweaked the 'New Medal Achieved' Tavern Rumour so that it will now only update twice a day (once at 6am and once at 6pm).

~ The Fallen Sword Team

While I can appreciate what you are trying to accomplish, I do agree that the medals are really dominating the news now. Can you at least have a way for us to toggle the actual list open and closed? Would be nice to be able to read the rest of the news without having to go to archives. Thanks!

FSsig.jpg

Tact is for those that lack the intelligence to be sarcastic!

#16 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:34

Should maybe have made it like a new FSBOX window, one that gets triggered and the new notice added to the roster (for an hour) whenever someone achieves a new medal.

People often moan that medals are worthless and want bonuses added to them, yet when Hoof tries to make them seem more important, other people moan...

Another thing HCS could maybe do is rethink the size of their overall window, Fallensword only takes up a very small place in my monitor screen, if I maximise the window there is a huge amount of space to the left and right that is unused. Perhaps if all the slots for information were bigger, people wouldn't mind as much when these new things get added?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#17 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:57

Just noticed.. Nicely done!

#18 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:15

Maybe Guild Loyalty Medals should be awarded  the first time you log in.

In the last Tavern Rumor there are new 98 medal achieved, 82 of them are guild loyalty medals and a big part of them are inactive players, there are even terminated players.

Also it would be nice to have medals achieved by guild members in guild log.

#19 silenced

silenced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 18:20

I think it's great that medal achievements are shown, but I think it would be better to not have notifications about them... it's kind of like spamming the way it is now... I think a scroll list that is permanently shown on a part of the Home page would be better, so that anyone can look when they want to, but not be fooled into thinking something is actually happening within the game... kinda like how the details are added to featured guilds and a scroll function is used... otherwise, I can see a lot of players getting peeved off somewhat... just my 2 pence worth  ;)

#20 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 19:17

With the new medal notifications, can we have a section somewhere where we can view who has certain medals (specifically Diamond)? I would like to see who has achieved the Diamond medal without waiting for an update in the Rumours or searching through past Rumour updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: