Posted 22 March 2012 - 18:46

=======================================
Summary from feedback on this thread:
I think the following changes are still ok as-is:

Normal PvP (Non-Ladder) Changes
Bounty Board Changes
Skill Changes
Gold Upgrade Changes (possibly change to 150k gold for 1 FSP)

But tomorrow we'll discuss the following further:

PvP Ladder Changes
Look at keeping xp/gold loss as it currently is.
Don't restrict it to 25 stamina.
Look at allowing more than one attack per reset.

Guild Conflicts Changes
Look at making it so only Conflict Points that are gained from conflicts you win are converted into Guild RP.
Tweak the amount of Conflict Points you start with to allow for more conflicts to be initiated at a time.

Original Post

We've had a long meeting with the team and have decided on the following improvements to the game.

We will be adding a new Dominance medal and a top rated Dominance list. Dominance is separate from the PvP ladder and will be gained purely from 100 stamina hits. These will only be counted on the same player once a week. (Note 100 stamina bounty attacks will also count.) 1 Dominance point will be award from each win and the following medals will be awarded:

Bronze: 1,000 wins.
Silver: 10,000 wins
Gold: 50,000 wins
Crystal: 100,000 wins.

We also plan to make some improvements to the PvP pages to help new players and also for players not opted in to the PvP ladders.

PvP Ladder Changes

PvP Ladder attacks will now use 25 stamina. PvP Rating will be removed and will be replaced with PvP Points. (If you are opted into the ladder you will be able to choose between a normal and ladder attack when attacking a player.) You can only gain PvP Points via attacks you initiate and it will be 1 PvP Point per win. There will be no gold and xp loss on ladder attacks. (How it is currently.) The ladder will also still reset as normal. On the ladder rather than a PvP Rating it will now show the current number of PvP Points you have accumulated out of the total number of attacks you attempted. Note that in event of a tie we rank the tied players on the number of attacks. During each ladder cycle, you will only be able to attack the same target once as we want to eliminate unfair farming.

Bounty Board Changes

For each normal PvP attack, a bounty can be applied. (i.e 3 attacks, 3 bounties) When a bounty hunter accepts a bounty, a single bounty can then be placed on the hunter, however you are no longer able to place bounties on hits done by a bounty hunter. We will also be changing the cost of bounty tickets from FSP to Gold.

Skill Changes

We've been listening to your feedback on Sealed, and as such for every 50 points in the skill one random buff of your opponent will not take effect for the current combat. Note when this change takes place everyone in the game will receive a free skill point reset.

Gold Upgrade Changes

We will be changing this upgrade from +50,000 gold to +100,000 gold and adjusting the minimum cost on the FSP Marketplace requests to 100,001 gold.

Guild Conflicts Changes

We will be changing the initiation cost to a fixed amount and it will no longer be based on GvG Rating. We're going to introduce a new point system, these will be called "Conflict Points". Every guild who is active (i.e 5 active members and over guild level 25+) will gain 10 Conflict Points. These points will be replenished on a 5 day cycle. When your points are replenished any existing points will be converted into Guild RP at a ratio of 1 Conflict Point : 10 Guild RP.

When you initiate a conflict or are initiated on, 1 of your Conflict Points as well as 1 of your enemies Conflict Points are placed into the conflict. The winner of the conflict takes both points regardless who initiated the conflict. Hence it is important to defend versus incoming conflicts. If you loose all 10 of your Conflict Points you will need to wait for them to be replenished and will be unable to partake in Guild Conflicts until this time. Note: You cannot be initiated on either while you have no Conflict Points.

If any Guild Conflicts are on-going at conversion time those points will simply carry over into the next cycle.

We plan to implement all of these changes over the course of the next two weeks!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 18:51

leave sealed as is..

#3 hmfic

hmfic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 18:52

absolutely love every single thing mentioned!!!

#4 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2012 - 18:54

We've have a long meeting with the team and have decided on the following improvements to the game.

We will be adding a new Dominance medal and a top rated Dominance list. Dominance is separate from the PvP ladder and will be gained purely from 100 stamina hits. These will only be counted on the same player once a week. (Note 100 stamina bounty attacks will also count.) 1 Dominance point will be award from each win and the following medals will be awarded:

We also plan to make some improvements to the PvP pages to help new players and also for players not opted in to the PvP ladders.

Love this!

PvP Ladder Changes

PvP Ladder attacks will now use 25 stamina. PvP Rating will be removed and will be replaced with PvP Points. (If you are opted into the ladder you will be able to choose between a normal and ladder attack when attacking a player.) You can only gain PvP Points via attacks you initiate and it will be 1 PvP Point per win. There will be no gold and xp loss on ladder attacks. (How it is currently.) The ladder will also still reset as normal. On the ladder rather than a PvP Rating it will now show the current number of PvP Points you have accumulated out of the total number of attacks you attempted. Note that in event of a tie we rank the tied players on the number of attacks. During each ladder cycle, you will only be able to attack the same target once as we want to eliminate unfair farming.

So in a ladder with 3 people I can only hit 2 times? and no XP loss or gold? is this My little Pony?
Bounty Board Changes

For each normal PvP attack, a bounty can be applied. (i.e 3 attacks, 3 bounties) When a bounty hunter accepts a bounty, a single bounty can then be placed on the hunter, however you are no longer able to place bounties on hits done by a bounty hunter. We will also be changing the cost of bounty tickets from FSP to Gold.

Skill Changes

We've been listening to your feedback on Sealed, and as such for every 50 points in the skill one random buff of your opponent will not take effect for the current combat. Note when this change takes place everyone in the game will receive a free skill point reset.
Glad to see this changed
Gold Upgrade Changes

We will be changing this upgrade from +50,000 gold to +100,000 gold and adjusting the minimum cost on the FSP Marketplace requests to 100,001 gold.
I still dont see this as a great fix, why sell fsp for 100k when you can get 185k easily in MP?
Guild Conflicts Changes

We will be changing the initiation cost to a fixed amount and it will no longer be based on GvG Rating. We're going to introduce a new point system, these will be called "Conflict Points". Every guild who is active (i.e 5 active members and over guild level 25+) will gain 10 Conflict Points. These points will be replenished on a 5 day cycle. When your points are replenished any existing points will be converted into Guild RP at a ratio of 1 Conflict Point : 10 Guild RP.

When you initiate a conflict or are initiated on, 1 of your Conflict Points as well as 1 of your enemies Conflict Points are placed into the conflict. The winner of the conflict takes both points regardless who initiated the conflict. Hence it is important to defend versus incoming conflicts. If you loose all 10 of your Conflict Points you will need to wait for them to be replenished and will be unable to partake in Guild Conflicts until this time. Note: You cannot be initiated on either while you have no Conflict Points.

If any Guild Conflicts are on-going at conversion time those points will simply carry over into the next cycle.

We plan to implement all of these changes over the course of the next two weeks!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#5 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 18:55

Bounty Board Changes

For each normal PvP attack, a bounty can be applied. (i.e 3 attacks, 3 bounties) When a bounty hunter accepts a bounty, a single bounty can then be placed on the hunter, however you are no longer able to place bounties on hits done by a bounty hunter.

I'm a little confused. You can place a single bounty on someone clearing your bounty? Or you will not be able to place bounties on hits done by a bounty hunter?

Bounty hunting is suppose to come with a risk. If we are going to get posted 20 times for hourly hitting, then we should have the same ability to respond to the people using the bounties to hit us back. Regular pvp is going to die with this sort of update.

Thanks for the change to Sealed though. That buff is way overpowered as it is.

#6 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2012 - 18:56

Sealed to be removed ... PvP and there must be loss of XP ... but not funny

#7 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Bounty Board Changes

For each normal PvP attack, a bounty can be applied. (i.e 3 attacks, 3 bounties)

Okay, I get that.

When a bounty hunter accepts a bounty, a single bounty can then be placed on the hunter, however you are no longer able to place bounties on hits done by a bounty hunter.

If I read this how I see it, if I accept I can be bountied (Even if I do not hit)?
& Then hitting makesno futher differance and I cannot be bountied by any hits I do?

#8 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

on the new medals....

Bronze: 1,000 wins = 100x1000 = 100,000 STAM
Silver: 10,000 wins = 100x10000 = 1,000,000 STAM
Gold: 50,000 wins = 5,000,000 STAM
Crystal: 100,000 wins. = 10 MIL STAM!!!

if we gain 1 dominance point per 100 stam hit that will take ages to reach bronze, and i dont think any1 cud reach crystal

#9 fs_liuskoj

fs_liuskoj
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2012 - 18:57

Nice work, except for the ladder...I can't really get it. Just back to the old farming, just without xp and gold loss?

#10 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 18:57

Bounty Board Changes

For each normal PvP attack, a bounty can be applied. (i.e 3 attacks, 3 bounties) When a bounty hunter accepts a bounty, a single bounty can then be placed on the hunter, however you are no longer able to place bounties on hits done by a bounty hunter.

I'm a little confused. You can place a single bounty on someone clearing your bounty? Or you will not be able to place bounties on hits done by a bounty hunter?

Bounty hunting is suppose to come with a risk. If we are going to get posted 20 times for hourly hitting, then we should have the same ability to respond to the people using the bounties to hit us back. Regular pvp is going to die with this sort of update.

Thanks for the change to Sealed though. That buff is way overpowered as it is.

+1

If you're gonna let them have a bounty per hit, can we please have Master thief kick in 100% of the time, and also a major increase in XP loss off the board, like 2-3 levels per hit would be sufficient to make sure PvP is somewhat still worth the risk.

#11 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 22 March 2012 - 18:58

Promoting multi's or am I reading wrong? You only should get guild RP for the conflict points earned.

#12 disavow

disavow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Bounty Board Changes

~ The Fallen Sword Team

What if someone clears 5 bounties on you? Can you bounty them 5 times?

#13 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Please make it so that if you don't win a single Guild Conflict or participate in any conflicts - that your Guild Points are not turned into RP - otherwise - RP is going to flood the market (100 every 5 days if you draw every conflict minimum)

#14 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

We've have a long meeting with the team and have decided on the following improvements to the game.

Nice, thumbs up

PvP Ladder Changes

Currently there IS xp loss on the ladder system, varying from 10 - 100 stam hits. You propose removing xp loss from the equation? Then please do not associate PvP with it in any form. This sounds like gvg. I like the idea ( with how score is tallied) other then the 25 stam pvp point hits for no gold or xp loss. It makes no sense.

Bounty Board Changes

You say I can bounty the hunter, and not bounty the hunter in the same sentence.. it's confusing. And A player is already at risk for losing 5 levels on a single pvp hit, now it can be more then 5? I hit someone 5 times off the board, they post me 5 in a row using the same hitters and I can place One bounty? O_o
Skill Changes

Thank you, that is alot better then currently, but it should honestly only effect One random buff. Everyone is going to have a level 175 skill, thus meaning 3 skills negated.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

Edit: If you plan on changing the ladder ( however it happens) release higher gear and potions as has been suggested. Highest set is 890, and potions would entice levelers and pvprs alike to participate.

#15 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 18:59

Do not like any of these changes

#16 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 18:59

Guild Conflicts Changes

maybe its just me but it sound pretty much like U cant have more than 10 conflicts going on at a time (unless U have won quite a few already in the current cycle) but many guilds have upgraded to maximum of 20 conflicts. Will there be any changes about it as well?

#17 fs_dragonkrki

fs_dragonkrki
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2012 - 19:01

Nice and good idea on everything you are planing to change. Go on with the good ideas. :lol:

#18 Thiudimir

Thiudimir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 19:02

Every guild who is active (i.e 5 active members and over guild level 25+) will gain 10 Conflict Points.

These points will be replenished on a 5 day cycle.

When your points are replenished any existing points will be converted into Guild RP at a ratio of 1 Conflict Point : 10 Guild RP.

Does this mean that a guild that qualifies with active members but does not engage in conflicts will still continually accrue Conflict Points and Guild RP as their points are replenished every 5 days?

#19 fs_necrodeous

fs_necrodeous
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2012 - 19:02

You can only gain PvP Points via attacks you initiate and it will be 1 PvP Point per win.

So someone hits you and loses and you get nothing?

#20 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2012 - 19:03

Umm, just because you cows are currently unaware, when you hit someone on the ladder, you loose gold and exp, and you always have.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: