32 replies to this topic

#1 Fanbob

Fanbob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 August 2012 - 15:51

There should be a way so that low levels with not as much max stamina has a chance to get some sort of customer avatar..... since a couple players have 80 or 90 thousand max stamina there should be a way that the contributions to that is altered by the amount of stamina.... :?:

#2 xD34thx

xD34thx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 16:00

So maybe institute level brackets in the GE and the people at the top of the level brackets gain a reward?? Just throwing ideas out there

#3 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 August 2012 - 16:29

Please just stop begging for more and more and more. Everytime the Cows do something awesome there's always people asking for more

#4 scarsick

scarsick

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 17:25

Please just stop begging for more and more and more. Everytime the Cows do something awesome there's always people asking for more

+1

#5 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2012 - 21:38

As it stands now only those who have drained their bank account have any kind of a chance, so much for a COMMUNITY event, its an event for the big donors only.........call me whatever you want, I have spent my money here all the same and would love a CHANCE, nothing more.

#6 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 23:06

There should be a way so that low levels with not as much max stamina has a chance to get some sort of customer avatar..... since a couple players have 80 or 90 thousand max stamina there should be a way that the contributions to that is altered by the amount of stamina.... :?:

I fail to see how this is begging, please enlighten me as its quite obvious that players with lower stam have little to no chance of winning this competition. The argument * well you can always upgrade your max stam* is laughable.

Are players expected to increase their max stam purely to have a chance of winning a competition like this (I use the term competition loosely)? And how exactly are many within the game meant to do that, as not all have the help of a flexible friend (not sure that sounds right). Anyway I believe the original poster has a valid point and should not be dismissed out of turn.

#7 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2012 - 23:10

Not true Scrogger, I used to be a donator, a huge donator but I haven't been a regular donator for well over two years now. No this event isn't about who donates and who doesn't, it's about who builds their character better. I've been building my character up (max stam) gradually for quite some time now, others choose to spend their FSP on other things, this is completely fine but they shouldn't complain when their own character choices make it harder for them to compete with others, others who would again be at a disadvantage in other areas of the game, against other players who have made different choices.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#8 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 August 2012 - 23:24

Do you remember when FSPs were less than 20,000 gold to buy? No?!?! I sure as heck don't. Well if you haven't checked lately, they're 10x that amount. So all those EOC players who have 100k-200k in max stamina had a massive advantage, not only in buying upgrades buy donating to cheap fsps, but to building on the Marketplace with appreciation of their fsps...and the Marketplace was VERY different at one time, was it not?

So before you jump on the "everything is groovy" bandwagon, consider all players' perspectives and what THEY might appreciate in the game. I do believe they are contributing the bulk of the new bucks into the game.

Oui?
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#9 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 23:31

Do you remember when FSPs were less than 20,000 gold to buy? No?!?! I sure as heck don't. Well if you haven't checked lately, they're 10x that amount. So all those EOC players who have 100k-200k in max stamina had a massive advantage, not only in buying upgrades buy donating to cheap fsps, but to building on the Marketplace with appreciation of their fsps...and the Marketplace was VERY different at one time, was it not?

So before you jump on the "everything is groovy" bandwagon, consider all players' perspectives and what THEY might appreciate in the game. I do believe they are contributing the bulk of the new bucks into the game.

Oui?

You're speaking of a time that doubler was rare and leveling was a challenge. You can't compare today to the old days. It's a completely different game. There wasn't the over abundance of gold in the game, and no uber buffs and potions to make leveling and gaining gold automatic. When FSP's were 20K, the top player in the game was barely level 200.

#10 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 August 2012 - 23:37

Yes I can compare as we all know leveling really has nothing to do with FSP cost. Upgrades were indeed cheaper as well if my lore serves me. Doubler has nothing to do with anything. Separate. Sympatico? Read Shardoom's last post...time=money and the time to make fsps in the various aspects of the game. Therefore those who have been around longest, have the greatest advantage. Stands to "reason".

Edit: There was no arena, or PvP sets or anything "diversions" to spend fsps on, but.....you guessed it stamina!!!!

#11 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2012 - 23:42

Yes I can compare as we all know leveling really has nothing to do with FSP cost. Upgrades were indeed cheaper as well if my lore serves me. Doubler has nothing to do with anything. Separate. Sympatico? Read Shardoom's last post...time=money and the time to make fsps in the various aspects of the game. Therefore those who have been around longest, have the greatest advantage. Stands to "reason".

Actually this statement is wrong, not sure if you're aware but when the levels were in the 200's range not only was there not the uber gear that everyone seems to take for granted. There was also no such thing as a level 175 buff. People actually died in combats, if not they most certainly wasn't 1 hitting everything. Couple that with the lower levels of gold gaining buffs treasure hunter / merchant and you have considerably less gold coming into the game. It wasn't *easier* to change gold into FSP, for one thing, the marketplace only had the options of selling FSP's, you couldn't sell gold like you do now, the listing were also extremely rare. Also quite simply, people just didn't have as much available gold as they do now, FSP's were cheaper but that doesn't automatically mean people were making more from their hunts...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#12 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 August 2012 - 23:46

Read Shardoom's last post...time=money and the time to make fsps in the various aspects of the game. Therefore those who have been around longest, have the greatest advantage. Stands to "reason".

Edit: There was no arena, or PvP sets or anything "diversions" to spend fsps on, but.....you guessed it stamina!!!!

This part Shardoom, I'll concede your last point, this you state this as well.

...and yes, I quoted myself, I'm an arrogant bugger, hehe.

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2012 - 23:51

I'm not really sure what you'd expect HCS to do though? Take away the upgrades that the longer term players have accumulated?

Although, I guess a much MUCH shorter period of notice would negate a portion of the (perfectly legit IMO) advantage older players have. Other than that I'm not really sure what could be done without rendering the upgrades themselves pointless.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 23:52

I want MORE!!! And give me a SHINY!!!!! Player XXXXXXX has a SHINY; I want a SHINY too! 0ooo and gold!!! LOTS of gold!!! 0ooo and FSPs!!!! I need TONS of FSPs! Did I mention SHINYs? I need those too.

Its not fair that I joined the game Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:26 am and everyone has more than me! I need stuff; LOTS of stuff!

GIMME
GIMME
GIMME

:mrgreen:
Posted Image

#15 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 August 2012 - 23:59

Actually Shardoom, I agree that players who have been in the game longer should have access to more aesthetics and upgrades (like the avi you're going to win - and good on you for it, good cause). I just don't like the close mindedness of said players that don't consider new blood, is all.

I look forward to seeing the new Forn-Doom

DP

#16 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 00:33

only point to make on this thread is MAX stam has little to do with who CAN win in this competition.

sure having a full stam bank at the time of the event that is high offers a seemingly cheaper way to get to the top, but it hardly is! to have 100,000 max stam it costs 20,000 FSP anyone can burn 100,000 stamina for 4,000 FSP. so for all these people complaining that they cant compete with the higher stamina guys have no real idea what they are talking about... you can compete with them any time you want for 1/5th the cost. People work hard or pay a lot to have their upgrades so complaining its not fair put in some work or money just like them or stop complaining...............

#17 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2012 - 00:35

I haven't gotten it yet lol Still over two days remain lol

The new blood do need stuff too, but they get it, all the time. I don't know how many times I've seen HCS introducing new gears for the lower level ranges. Plus they're going to be getting all the bonus's that come with whatever tier the community reaches. Honestly I don't know why there is such a big fuss with HCS giving a little incentive to the 'big' players for blowing their wads in the event?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#18 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2012 - 00:56

This was a community event to inspire all, but alas myself and many many people who have Pmed agreeing but are afraid to post on the forum feel left out of the competition for the AVI. oh well moving on.

edit:I am concerned that anyone would be afraid to post on the forum, bad for the game as a whole.

#19 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:10

The avi was just an extra incentive to get the bigger amounts of kills in Scrogger.
This isn't like the advantage that people with fast connections have in titan hunting, or the people who play night and day have in the pvp ladder.

This is all about character choices, some people choose to upgrade their max stamina, it doesn't benefit them in every aspect of the game, for instance I only have 308 bp slots, I can't hold mountains of gear like Hades can, but I don't complain when LE's are released and I can't horde tons of them. I accept it because I have chosen how to upgrade my character.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#20 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:21

Agreed the only reason I do not have more max stamina is I would have to not log into the game to get to my max stamina , As I frequently buff people for free and help unrelated guilds with their gvg's for no return.I find more fun for me in playing the game that way. And I accept that is MY choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: