Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:31

In this latest update we have added and improved the following:

• Added a new preference for displaying checkboxes below items in the backpack. This is to make it possible to multi-select items on phone and tablets where it's not possible to ctrl-click on the items.

• Fixed an issue with Coordinated Defense whereby it would display as the Rage icon below the world map.

• Changed the Buff Market so the maximum Fallen Sword Point that can be specified is 2 Fallen Sword Points per buff in the package. Currently Buff Packages have been updated to reflect this new limit.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 13:29

Nice work hoof! Thanks!  :D

#3 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 January 2014 - 13:46

If I might make a suggestion?

Would it be possible to add the sellers last activity times next to their names on their listings?

This should alleviate some of the stress brought on by people buying buffs from sellers that aren't actually around.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#4 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 January 2014 - 13:53

If I might make a suggestion?

Would it be possible to add the sellers last activity times next to their names on their listings?

This should alleviate some of the stress brought on by people buying buffs from sellers that aren't actually around.

Or redo the search results interface entirely, as I suggested, which would include the idle time of the seller.

#5 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 14:25

Since HCS decided not to allow the possibility to set a stam sale limit and force this to be request acceptance oriented, none of the "solutions" to this "problem" will be addressed (in quotes because it's debatable).

Keeping in mind that FS Helper is game approved but not game-wide implemented, I think we might think about what the point of this update is.

In my eye, it's to help find buffs which it does to some degree of efficiency.

Personally, (with one exception) it won't change how I acquire buffs. It simply adds a tool to find them and a secure payment transaction (which I consider to be a positive).

What might help resolve some of the issues I've seen in the various threads is my process. I place it for your consideration:

I will still check player profiles for activity and buffs activated (last part is because a big doubler activated means they probably won't accept anyway and regardless, I want to know if they have reinforce and/or extend activated in some cases).

I will still inquire via pm whether they are up for buff sales.

I will then utilize the Secure Trade for payment.

Again, finding buffs and the buff secure trade are the two positives to this.

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#6 myakka

myakka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 17:03

Hooray for tick boxes!!!  I missed them.

#7 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 18:03

• Added a new preference for displaying checkboxes below items in the backpack. This is to make it possible to multi-select items on phone and tablets where it's not possible to ctrl-click on the items.

Thanks for this update and hope for more mobile features :)

sigma_468x60.jpg

#8 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 18:19

It would be great if there is a context menu item called 'Equip Selected Items' when multiple wearable items are selected. If the player tries to equip multiple items that occupy the same gear slot (ex: selected 3 helmets), the server just checks the items one by one and equips the first wearable item.

2820394.jpg

#9 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 18:28

I'll post my suggestion here too:

When I receive more than 1 buff request and I go to 'Manage Requests' I saw this:

'XXXXX [Accept] [Decline]'
'XXXXX [Accept] [Decline]'

When I click to accept the first one the page send me to my log messages, what is ok for one request, but for two I need to go back to 'Manage Requests' and accept the second one, what makes the 'Manage Requests' page completelly useless.

Any way to change that, so when we accept the first one we stay on the 'Manage Requests' page?
That will make a lot more sense.

#10 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 15 January 2014 - 19:10

Awesome update!  Thanks again :)

I love being able to manage my folders again on my phone when I don't have access to a computer.

#11 callmeabc

callmeabc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 22:23

I think it is safe to say that the vast majority of people base their buff prices based off stamina used. I am only in the 700's and have effectivly 25 buffs. With so many different combos (IMO) it would be so much easier to add a buff trade option. The system in place makes it very inpersonal. I have a thread [linked in my sig] where players make it clear that is not something they want.  With a buff trade they players can work out a deal based on need - while adding a layer of proection for both parties We can even carry over the 10 minute timer on the trades to prevent players being able to use their stamina while they sleep, which is the other main consern player show in the thread

Avatar upgrade - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=55576

GvG tracking ideas -

In the advisor - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=55250

In a building - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=53004

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 00:45

Rather than listing "buff packs", how about ..

Player A (Selling) - lists all his buffs, their casting level and their price with a checkbox next to each

Player B (Buying) - checks the boxes they want, the system adds up the total price (thus allowing players to charge differing amounts for different buffs) 

The system then calculates the total cost (after confirming that Player A has those buffs at those levels and that Player B has the wherewithal to pay) and then, to prevent the "that's automation" cries, sends a confirmation message to both players asking if they agree to the trade.

That sounds a much simpler implementation to me ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:20

Rather than listing "buff packs", how about ..

Player A (Selling) - lists all his buffs, their casting level and their price with a checkbox next to each

Player B (Buying) - checks the boxes they want, the system adds up the total price (thus allowing players to charge differing amounts for different buffs) 

The system then calculates the total cost (after confirming that Player A has those buffs at those levels and that Player B has the wherewithal to pay) and then, to prevent the "that's automation" cries, sends a confirmation message to both players asking if they agree to the trade.

That sounds a much simpler implementation to me ?

Sounds almost exactly like how people have been buying my buffs for years.

The FSH bio render function does everything you just said, except run the final confirmation message and check a players FSP/gold balance.

That is handled instead by a person actually messaging a person, which I think is better...

Perhaps I'm just old fashioned though.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:45

Sounds almost exactly like how people have been buying my buffs for years.

The FSH bio render function does everything you just said, except run the final confirmation message and check a players FSP/gold balance.

That is handled instead by a person actually messaging a person, which I think is better...

Perhaps I'm just old fashioned though.

:) - yup, then I am too. I think this new buff market is, tbh, over-complicated and un-necessary. 

The only thing that should have been added to the existing system is a mechanism that automates the payment after buffs have been received (or, even better, simultaneously). But, what do we know ? :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,828 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:38

How would people feel about the buff packages auto buffing if the player has been active in the last ten minutes?

I.E. You see the package you want and the buffer has been active in last ten minutes. You hit request and it automatically goes through.

To prevent abuse, we can put in a Maximum Stamina Threshold which the buffer can set a limit to before it goes to a simple request again. This would allow them to buff while active without having to allow every request, yet put a maximum amount of Stam used so his/her Stam bank is not completely drained by possible malicious users.

I'd say we could possibly put those on auto accept to the top of the list? With it being set to a 10 minute activity level, this stops the function from becoming a purely automated system.

Opinions?

#16 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 14:59

Instead of putting a max stam cap that can reset, I was speaking with Grim and we came to the idea that only allowing X packages to be sold automatically per account per day would limit abuse.  This also means that every user can have their chance to sell buffs.

Lets put a limit at 10 packages (for the sake of my example below)

If 100 users all go on auto sell, it wont just be the cheapest buff at the top anymore, it will be the auto packages.  This means everyone gets a chance to sell their buffs automatically as as soon as the guy selling 10 buffs for 5k sells out he will be off the auto sell list

#17 thefool37

thefool37

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 16:00

In this latest update we have added and improved the following:

Using the Preference to make the checkboxes available (which I do like) I am not getting the page arrows at the bottom of the backpack slots.

#18 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 16 January 2014 - 21:58

Using the Preference to make the checkboxes available (which I do like) I am not getting the page arrows at the bottom of the backpack slots.

Yeah, I just noticed this too.  I made sure FSH was off and cleared my cache.  I can not change pages with the check boxes turned on :(

This affects both my PC and phone and not browser specific.

#19 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:04

It looks like the Buff Market is either a fail or is broken Thurs/5:00am/Jan/23/2014 and the only buffs listed are *Removed* which are all over priced and take up all listings no matter how many times i refresh the page .This is another case of not tested before release ,and not listening to sugestions from the masses ..Enough said

I have the same problem with the backpack slots when check boxes are active it locks at 1 page so how is that helpfull ir you can't find the items to check the boxes ??? See Above comment ^

Edited by BigGrim, 23 January 2014 - 10:35.

#20 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:21

It looks like the Buff Market is either a fail or is broken Thurs/5:00am/Jan/23/2014 and the only buffs listed are [player name removed] which are all over priced and take up all listings no matter how many times i refresh the page .This is another case of not tested before release ,and not listening to sugestions from the masses ..Enough said

I just looked at the Buff Market. The only featured buff packages are by the specified player. This just means no one else has a paid featured ad up right now. I searched for a single buff, and came up with results from other players, as usual.  Looks like it's functioning normally to me.

Also, "overpriced" is a personal opinion. When reporting an alleged bug, it's usually best to leave such rants out, and player names as well. As such, I have removed that player's name from the quote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: