BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:26

Hi there Everyone.

With this update we have been further refining the Titan Hunting to ensure a fun and balanced experience!

1. We have slightly reduced the movement delay to 200 milliseconds as some players were experiencing problems on the new map.

2. We have added notification to the Scout Tower level 1 informing you if the Guild is on cooldown or not. If the Guild is on cooldown, you are told when the cooldown expires.

3. The 7 day cooldown will now be triggered if your guild secures a Titan and/or earns enough TKP to obtain the item from the Titan Rewards Page. This also occurs if a guild-less player manages to secure a Titan. The cooldown starts once the Titan is killed and the TKP is allocated.

Note, that since you cannot secure a Titan nor can you earn TKP to buy a non-existent item, the 4 "Land of the Elements" titans are exempt from these rules.

4. We have added a new preference. You may now have all non-titan creatures hidden from the Action List if there is an active Titan in the Realm. If there is no Titan, the creatures will display as normal. Note, this preference only applies to the new map.

5. A Guild Member has to have been in a Guild for 7 days to be able to hunt Titans.

With these changes, the 7 day cooldowns that are currently active are now removed. Furthermore we will be allowing 'Tommy Aches' and 'Fawkes the Wickerman' to continue to spawn for an additional week.

We look forward to your constructive feedback.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:28

Nice! Any word on that auto refresh idea for killing titans?

ie: this>>

Finally, we have a possible future update we'd like to discuss. We have seen a lot of feedback saying that clicking and refreshing the Titan button on the Action List is fairly time consuming. We are considering allowing the Titan button to auto refresh. The downside to this would be that you would not be able to review the combat against the beast.

#3 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:29

Well Done BG!! I think these changes should please everyone. We all start fresh from today.

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:29

Nice! Any word on that auto refresh idea for killing titans?

This is something we'll look to add soon. Not just yet though.

#5 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:32

Sounds like you have covered every base and we can all get behind this update. I'm looking forward to trying my hand at an aspect of the game I haven't yet!

#6 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:33

Personally, I would prefer a section below the active titan list displaying all current cool downs (so you can see if you are in cool-down for a non active titan)

Cool downs should also be exempt from the "Land of the Elements" titans, allowing new members to finish their quests whenever they wish (as no TKP and no drop is given for these titans)

#7 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:34

cool. Let's go squish some titans!

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:38

Cool downs should also be exempt from the "Land of the Elements" titans, allowing new members to finish their quests whenever they wish (as no TKP and no drop is given for these titans)

This is indeed the case. Since you cannot secure a Titan nor can you earn TKP to buy a non-existent item, the 4 "Land of the Elements" titans are exempt from these rules.

Added to first post.

#9 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:39

This is indeed the case. Since you cannot secure a Titan nor can you earn TKP to buy a non-existent item, the 4 "Land of the Elements" titans are exempt from these rules.

Added to first post.

Awesome - all the titans in there atm have the "no cool down" tag so just confirming that it will never go "BAD VOODO!"

#10 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:39

A clarification on when the cooldown begins for those earning TKP would be nice. Since technically you don't earn the TKP until the Titan is killed, when would the cooldown begin? A guild could go in to a titan needing 10 points to earn the reward and still get a couple thousand more points w/o securing and earn all those points after the titan is dead. Thanks for clearing this up.

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:42

A clarification on when the cooldown begins for those earning TKP would be nice. Since technically you don't earn the TKP until the Titan is killed, when would the cooldown begin? A guild could go in to a titan needing 10 points to earn the reward and still get a couple thousand more points w/o securing and earn all those points after the titan is dead. Thanks for clearing this up.

The cooldown starts once the Titan is killed and the TKP is allocated.

#12 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:43

you guys have outdone yourselves again, very good to see this update, ty :)

#13 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:44

The cooldown starts once the Titan is killed and the TKP is allocated.

OK thank you... so in the case we are 10 tkp short and get an additional 2000 tkp w/o securing a titan, we still get that extra 2K of TKP correct? Sorry to get technical but I think it's an important distinction. My feelings are that once the titan is dead and you've earned enough tkp to get the next reward, that you should only receive that necessary amount of TKP. In other words, you cannot earn more TKP than necessary to obtain a reward. Otherwise you will see guilds working around this by earning a couple TKP less than required for the reward and then participating fully in subsequent titan hunts. The earlier in the process this is addressed, the better.

#14 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:51

5. A Guild Member has to have been in a Guild for 7 days to be able to hunt Titans.

how does this work if i joined a guild 2 days ago? do i have to wait 5 more days to hunt a titan? or does this start to work for anyone who joins a guild after this update?

could spawn every titan to let me test this out ;)

#15 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:59

how does this work if i joined a guild 2 days ago? do i have to wait 5 more days to hunt a titan? or does this start to work for anyone who joins a guild after this update?

I think it applies to those who join guilds after the update - its there to prevent people from starting new guilds to get around the cooldown and since cooldowns have been reset Im assuming its a fresh start hence it applying from this update

#16 fs_nimav

fs_nimav
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2012 - 16:02

maybe spawn a titan to test new changes :wink:

#17 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 16:03

I think it applies to those who join guilds after the update - its there to prevent people from starting new guilds to get around the cooldown and since cooldowns have been reset Im assuming its a fresh start hence it applying from this update

shhhh...keep your logic down..im trying to convince some forced titan spawns

#18 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 16:06

Like the changes! Now only if they would spawn at 5 server time. Nothing again last night :(

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2012 - 16:07

In other words, you cannot earn more TKP than necessary to obtain a reward. Otherwise you will see guilds working around this by earning a couple TKP less than required for the reward and then participating fully in subsequent titan hunts. The earlier in the process this is addressed, the better.

It's really splitting hairs I think. We're not doing to remove anything over they might have earned. In the end, they are still on cooldown for 7 days. If they secure? Cooldown Any time they get enough TKP? Cooldown. I can't honestly see anyway to work around this.

I think this is active now. Thus if at this point you have not been in a guild for 7 days, you cannot hunt until the 7th day has expired.

#20 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 16:20

Nice :) no auto refreshing attack button?

I'm having hard time to click on small attack box... always clicking on create group by mistake..
would be could if you can zoom in the tooltip or increase attack box size

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: