BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:25

Hi all!

A wretched rattling of teeth on Spines heralds the return of the voracious Spine Chompers!

Blue Spine Chomper (Legendary)
Posted Image

The Blue Spine Chomper lives underground in remote locations, awaiting its prey. As it senses the tremors above the ground, it bursts its head above ground, stripping the victim of its flesh, keeping the spine as a trophy.

Level: 5+

Undead Spine Chomper (Legendary)
Posted Image

The Undead Spine Chomper was once the most vicious living spine chomper in known existance. Since its departure due to lack of fresh spines, its now the most vicious non-living spine chompter in known existance.

Level: 35+

Dark Spine Chomper (Legendary)
Posted Image

The Dark Spine Chomper is a biological mystery. In legend, it is told that it developed additional heads to satisfy its need for more spines, so it could process its victims faster.

Level: 75+

Red Spine Chomper (Legendary)
Posted Image

The Red Spine Chomper, like its blue cousin, keeps the spine of it's prey as a trophy. However its mouth acts almost sawmill like in the process, with you being the tree.

Level: 150+

Yellow Spine Chomper (Legendary)
Posted Image

After many years of evolutions, the Yellow Spine Chomper has taken to the skies, swooping down on unexpecting victims, bringing agonising death from above.

Level: 225+

Green Spine Chomper (Legendary)
Posted Image

The Green Spine Chomper, when idle, appears like any other mushroom. However as its victim approaches, it spouts blazing green fur and proceeds to consume its prey whole. With no remorse.

Level: 275+

Octo Spine Chomper (Legendary)
Posted Image

The Octo Spine Chomper uses its multiple tendrils to ensnare its prey and drag it kicking and screaming into its toothy maw.

Level: 350+

Clockwork Spine Chomper (Legendary)
Posted Image

The Clockwork Spine Chomper is a creature from an inventors fevered nightmares! Some strange fellow was enraptured with the Spine Chompers as a species and sought to replicate them artificially. This Clockwork Spine Chomper is the result. What the Inventor did not expect was the level of success he would achieve! The Clockwork Spine Chomper powered up and immediately ate its creator! It has created more Clockwork Spines as it has eaten its way through anything it catches, meaning there is a small horde of these mechanical monsters on the loose!

Level: 525+

Polar Spine Chomper (Legendary)
Posted Image

Being an arctic predator, prey is hard to come by for the Polar Spine Chomper. It will charge its new prey as a great ball of camouflaged fur with gaping maw and rapidly freezing drool. As it feverishly devours it's prey, it takes great care not to damage the spine of its latest victim, which the Polar Spine Chomper, like the rest of its vicious kin, will keep in an ever growing trophy collection.

Level: 650+

Fire Fur Spine Chomper (Legendary)
Posted Image

The Fire Fur Spine Chomper is yet another peculiar off-shoot of this very strange creature. This particular specimen appears to be an elemental of sorts or possibly

magical in origin. The creature fur is as normal as most usually, however, when it closes with its prey it's fur turns into pure flame, giving off some pretty intense heat. The Chomper itself does not notice any heat, having discovered the effect it's personal conflagration can have on others resulting in a Chomper that actually likes to cook it's prey before consuming them!

Level: 800+

Sludge Spine Chomper (Legendary)
Posted Image

Yet another of the frankly odd Chomper species, the Sludge Spine Chomper makes its home in swampy areas. One would have thought the thick mass of fur that covers a Spine Chompers body would make Swamps an unlikely place to find such a creature but once again, the Chomper finds a way to put it's surroundings to good use. The sludge in the swamp coats the Chomper making it hard to see as well as making it's thick coat even thicker and considerably more foul. It has learned to use it's disgusting fur to trap any weapons it's prey may be wielding and disarm them before devouring them messily.

Level: 950+

The vile Monsters will be available in the Realms for 48 hours.

Additionally, we intend to release 7 new recipes in Wulfs Arena Wares at the Colosseum of Gurgriss by the end of the week. These shall allow players to build new sets from Arena rewards and LE items.

Enjoy!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 fs_kairy

fs_kairy
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:29

Surely the Hooves are joking, people complained to you about you lack of announcements before the last global quest, and now you go and do the same thing again? Just finished my hunt about 20 minutes ago, had you given the community a warning i would have saved my stam for this.

#3 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:30

Gonna be hard for many to hunt with a completely black map :(

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:31

We have never given warning of special events.

#5 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:31

Nothing over 950? :(

#6 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:33

Surely the Hooves are joking, people complained to you about you lack of announcements before the last global quest, and now you go and do the same thing again? Just finished my hunt about 20 minutes ago, had you given the community a warning i would have saved my stam for this.

This is not the type of event that should be for warned of. That just allows people to profit (or loose out on profits).

BG, there is no indication in your post of how long this event will last.

#7 Whammies

Whammies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:34

Thanks guys . i have my eye on a couple sets for the guild!

#8 fs_aidenwolf

fs_aidenwolf
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:34

This has got to be a joke. Why release them if NO ONE can hunt them??? The world map is just a black blank slate. :/

#9 fs_cobra7781

fs_cobra7781
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:35

does this mean the arena items could take us into next week now Grim if the recipe will be releases within the next 7 days

cheers for the event mate :)

#10 uscx

uscx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:36

No Dawn Spine? :cry:

#11 fs_napoez3

fs_napoez3
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:36

The Beta Map is broken D: (Using Chrome 18.0X and Win7 >.<)

#12 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:37

Nothing over 950? :(

Agreed .. Using Starlite for 320+ levels and Sludge for 470+ levels now .. (not to mention HH non crystaline for 530+ levels)

Kinda hope that some of the new arena won gear or at least the PvP invented gear rememdies that ...

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:38

Gah! Workin' on it!

The post states 48 hours.

does this mean the arena items could take us into next week now Grim if the recipe will be releases within the next 7 days.

7 recipes to be released by the end of the week. As in, this friday at latest.

#14 ignotus

ignotus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:38

why release a spine event, when there are already too many spine items on the market?

#15 fs_kairy

fs_kairy
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:39

Simple solution, switch to the old map. Also try clearing your cache. And i swear that HCS have announced events before.

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:39

The old map works. We are fixing the new map now.

#17 fs_kairy

fs_kairy
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:41

Are they in the same locations as they have been before or have they moved?

#18 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:42

Hey there.

Map is fixed! If it is still not showing correctly, please do a hard refresh. (Ctrl F5).

#19 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:44

Gah! Workin' on it!

The post states 48 hours.

My appologies, I was expecting it at the top and missed it lower down.

#20 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 April 2012 - 15:47

Thanks guys . i have my eye on a couple sets for the guild!

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: