BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 October 2016 - 18:25

Hi there everyone!

With the recent updates to the Daily Quests being mostly very positive, we're opening the floor to the community for suggestions on possible new Quests and Rewards

What new Daily Quests and Rewards would you guys like to see in the future?

~ Grim

#2 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 19:10

Clear X number of bounties would be nice to see.

#3 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 19:31

For new players in the game under a certain day amount for example, maybe have a higher chance of backpack slots quests, or gold quests and fsp daily quests that are truly rewarding and aid them in game to enjoy it more without spending starting off. Then they get used to the game and feel like that are enjoying it more and the game aids them, increasing the chance they stick around and maybe purchase fsp packs in the future. 

I fully believe for new players of a day amount, they should have their own little area of quests, that are really rewarding and give them a boost starting off. Then if they pass over the x days in game etc or whatever threshold is decided, they go into the main game quest pool. There is such a gap between a new player to max level, it can do no harm.

#4 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 20:00

Wouldn't there have to be some bounties for that to be possible? lmao.

Post wouldn't work without manipulation. 

Hits on bounties would probably be possible, but... there still has to be bounties.

Funny, I just got off this huge running discussion on how to improve the BB... more on that in a few years when I really get bored. Brainstorming is good though.

For new players in the game under a certain day amount for example, maybe have a higher chance of backpack slots quests, or gold quests and fsp daily quests that are truly rewarding and aid them in game to enjoy it more without spending starting off. Then they get used to the game and feel like that are enjoying it more and the game aids them, increasing the chance they stick around and maybe purchase fsp packs in the future. 

I fully believe for new players of a day amount, they should have their own little area of quests, that are really rewarding and give them a boost starting off. Then if they pass over the x days in game etc or whatever threshold is decided, they go into the main game quest pool. There is such a gap between a new player to max level, it can do no harm.

Check out the Epic Quest. 

Edited by Egami, 19 October 2016 - 20:01.

#5 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 20:26

Check out the Epic Quest.

those EPs to help New players were written years ago by someone who is No longer there. It's not enough to really boost them any more. If they get the proper guidance from Guild members to do the quest correctly. They may be able to achieve levels over 100. Most of them stagnate there before they end up quitting. Over the last year I've seen a couple dozen or so players return to the game. Most of which who were under Level 200, did not stay

Edited by cucullainn, 19 October 2016 - 20:28.

#6 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 00:00

Send 'x' number of in game PMs

Post 'x' times in guild chat

Post 'x' times in global chat

#7 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 00:06

Sadly, that will do nothing but cause spam...

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#8 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 00:21

I'm on my phone so can't or don't know how to quote Egami.

Besides the fact that a daily geared towards bounties would actually be an attempt to improve the bb and not an attempt to limit those who use its full potential, people might be more inclined to post bounties if there are reasons the bounty might be cleared. Give bh's a reason to race to clear bounties again. Give the bb a fighting chance! The point of a daily is to get people to try different areas of the game, right?

#9 LeFeast

LeFeast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:46

Quests : 

Deposit 1 time Guild Bank

Buff " X " Times someone

Update your bio 

Buy " X " times any gold upgrades
Compose " X " potions
Spend " X " stamina
Use " X " gold 

Rewards :

More gain of Max Stamina (now we can gain 6 to 35, can we gain 15 to 60)
Stamina gain! (I think this going to be nice for the timing, more playing time, more players, but same method of playing)
More backpack slot
Items (Weapons, armors, etc)
XP (A lot of xp, like 10% or something like that)
Deposit times

Edited by LeFeast, 20 October 2016 - 03:47.

76561198119772017.png

#10 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:46

increasing levels may not seem like a big deal as most of us do it anyway, but if you arent up for a hunt .. or getting buffs and buying potions ..it would be a pain in the butt... and could be expensive unless the reward is worth it .. 

below is a rough number ..  it would need to be enough to make it worth it ... 

(rare )increase 1 level = 2500 amount of reserve stam

(legendary) increase 3 levels = 8000 amount of reserve stam

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 October 2016 - 13:52

That's something I suggested too. Also asked Hoofmaster if it'd be possible to award Bounty Tickets as a reward.

That would only result in spam I'm afraid.

Quests : 

Deposit 1 time Guild Bank
Could do. Might be held over for a potential Daily Guild quest. We'll see.

Buff " X " Times someone

Could do.

Update your bio

Not sure if viable. How would we measure that? Updating your bio could be adding one extra space to what you have.

Buy " X " times any gold upgrades

You mean Gold Upgrades to your character? Not sure that's feasible. They're quite expensive and, barring PvP Protection, they are all capped.

Compose " X " potions

Something I've asked for. :)

Spend " X " stamina
Use " X " gold

Not sure either is particularly feasible. We don't want to set such things so high as to be unatainable for low level players or so high that no one else wants to do the quest.

Rewards :

Stamina gain! (I think this going to be nice for the timing, more playing time, more players, but same method of playing)

Afraid not. We have that capped for a reason.

Items (Weapons, armors, etc)

Again, not particularly feasible as these would have to be tailored to the level of the player.

XP (A lot of xp, like 10% or something like that)

Can certainly ask Hoofmaster.

Deposit times

Can certainly ask Hoofmaster. Not sure how it'd work.

#12 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 14:47

looked over the game..could not think of too many ways to do daily quests- 

scavenge x times... is all i can think of that i have not seen suggested..

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 October 2016 - 14:49

looked over the game..could not think of too many ways to do daily quests- 

scavenge x times... is all i can think of that i have not seen suggested..

That could certainly work. Would we want a minimum spend? So people don't simply scavenge with a single gold?

#14 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 14:53

I really like the complete a number of bounties quest suggestion. Make the number a fair number however. 1 - 5 depending on how substantial the reward is. The BB is not that active.

I like the composing potion quest suggestion. I do that every day anyway so free rewards will not be refused.

Guild bank deposit's and buffing guild member suggestions are good. Not sure on the numbers. Will leave that to head bovine to dictate.

Not sure about the large XP rewards. Though that is perhaps just me on that one. That isn't a reward I am interested in but many others likely will be so meh... 

I would love to see a steal x amount of gold from players DQ. Though I know the "I hate PvP" brigade will then be out in force once more so I won't bother. Though I kind of did. :P

Also a remove x amount of XP from players DQ. Though with likely the same issue as above.

#15 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 15:08

That could certainly work. Would we want a minimum spend? So people don't simply scavenge with a single gold?

that could be how you do it..spend x gold scavenging.... then players could decides how to go from there..

#16 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:34

How about scavenge x doubler potions or y find item potions. In a round about way, would teach some noobs how those potions (or other items) are procured ;-p

#17 tenebreux

tenebreux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 22:20

Not a suggestion for a new DQ but perhaps the process could look at a players preferences before assigning a quest? For instance don't assign PvP DQs to people who have PvP protection?

#18 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 22:25

Not a suggestion for a new DQ but perhaps the process could look at a players preferences before assigning a quest? For instance don't assign PvP DQs to people who have PvP protection?

I do not like the idea of an 'opt out' for the dq's.  The idea is to get people to try different areas of the game. If you let them opt out of pvp,  can the rest of us opt out of arenas, titans, etc?  That defeats the purpose.

#19 tenebreux

tenebreux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 22:27

I do not like the idea of an 'opt out' for the dq's.  The idea is to get people to try different areas of the game. If you let them opt out of pvp,  can the rest of us opt out of arenas, titans, etc?  That defeats the purpose.

Someone who has PvP protection has already opted out of PvP but I see your point.

#20 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:11

Buff x amount of Guild members

Buff x amount of " Random " players ( not in guild maybe? )

Make x amount of hits on bounties
( example: common = 3 Bounty hits .. Reward = 25 FS Shards )
(Increase Shards reward w/ Rarity)
Id personally like more Bounty Tickets but i understand that dont benifit everyone

Make x amount of Composing potions

Create x amount of Groups
( mercs can be used to make a kill and create a New " Group " ) <--- maybe?

?? Send x amount of gold to another player.. ??
This one is a random thought that i dont know how it'd work lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: