BIGGEST NOOB ACCOMPLISHMENTS

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do you think is the biggest Noob Mistake? (169 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you think is the biggest Noob Mistake?

1. Voted Ecofrog #1 (44 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Voted Ecofrog #2 (78 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Voted Ecofrog #3 (90 votes [31.47%])

Percentage of vote: 31.47%

4. Voted I am a bigger Noob, check out what i did! (74 votes [25.87%])

Percentage of vote: 25.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 fs_ecofrog

fs_ecofrog
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:54

We all make mistakes, we all have to learn. I would like to share my biggest NOOB accomplishments as I worked my way along the Fallen Sword Learning Curve.

#1. I used to be afraid of the Mysterious Blue Portal. I was afraid it was a trap and would not go near it. Thanks to vahc for letting me know they were safe.

#2 I once posted 100 FSPs in the MP for 9 000 gold instead of 90 000 gold. shnocka bought them all. I would like to thank him for sending back 75! That was mighty good of him.

#3 I used to take creature descriptions very seriously. The Desert Snake is a common vermin found throughout the Desert, these are capable of fatal wounding its victims with its deadly venom before devouring them whole. http://72.29.64.170/...etail.php?id=22

I mean fighting rats is one thing, but POISON snakes that can KILL you. I never hit a snake.. I skipped them all because i was afraid!

FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR BIG NOOB ACCOMPLISHMENTS!

#2 fs_killer422

fs_killer422
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:02

very nice

but my misfortune/bad luck in my first week of SE hunting is the grandfather of yours :P (well maybe not as big or painful as the selling fsp for 9k part)

#3 Dark Archon

Dark Archon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:12

lol... I just find this humorous... it is funny to know that some people took descriptions so seriously o.o

#4 ScarletTestAce

ScarletTestAce

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:18

Posting on outdated threads to get help...never got any from them lol.

#5 spidey101

spidey101

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:53

Nice im the only one to admit to being a bigger noob.

I didnt learn that there was an easy way to level up (without looking at each battle) until I was level 50 or so plus until I was level 80 I never even attempted to wear the right gear unless I was told specifically what to wear so most of the time I was not 1 hitting. Also until level 90 my level points were totally screwed since I kept them pretty much even. Who would have thought that those things combined would make it take the better part of a year to hit triple digits for level. :oops:

#6 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:27

Nice im the only one to admit to being a bigger noob.

I didnt learn that there was an easy way to level up (without looking at each battle) until I was level 50 or so plus until I was level 80 I never even attempted to wear the right gear unless I was told specifically what to wear so most of the time I was not 1 hitting. Also until level 90 my level points were totally screwed since I kept them pretty much even. Who would have thought that those things combined would make it take the better part of a year to hit triple digits for level. :oops:

this is me, well, only at level 120 i was told what to wear, what items should i keep for the future

400 gold fr the baron sword ? OUCH!

#7 fs_williamk92

fs_williamk92
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:37

I sold a plague helm at 60 fsps when somebody was offering me 80 fsps ....the market price was over 90 fsps

Oh and I bought that helm at 120 gold :lol:

EDIT: I spent all those fsps on Bank deposit and Bounty tickets........

#8 fs_onemember

fs_onemember
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:06

Next time you want to sell fsp at that price, pm me 8) :lol:

#9 TipsyPhippsy

TipsyPhippsy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:45

#1. sold baron sword for 400 gold buy it now. when baron first came out and swords where 400fsp+

What lucky guy brought that?

and ECO, its hard to chose between 1 and 3 on your noob list!

#10 fs_bolverk93

fs_bolverk93
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:20

Mine also took place in the Ethereal Gateway, only I wasn't afraid of it ( should have been) here I was, a "seasoned" player of level 10...I boldy strode into the Gateway only to confronted by the Ethereal Guardian..I thought " if I take this guy, I rule this place!"...I approached, struck...and promptly was deleveled to 5....not being fazed ( or knew enough about the game to think this was anything other than a fluke, I mean, this was the newbie section of the game, right?) I attacked again...and was promptly dropped ANOTHER five levels.....I didnt play again for a month, LOL

#11 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:27

I sold everything I had at lvl1 to buy some lvl400 armor, a falchion (lvl5) the stompers boots, a venom shield and enclosed helm, ended up walking around naked and stomping rats for 3 days

some forest dewllers are peace loving vegans tilll you get on their bad side :)

#12 fs_dsjupiter

fs_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 13:53

there all so hillarious

#13 fs_maynoth

fs_maynoth
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 18:41

I use to wear the equipment that gave the most hp because I thought I would die without it. :(

#14 fs_deemer

fs_deemer
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 19:50

#3 I used to take creature descriptions very seriously. The Desert Snake is a common vermin found throughout the Desert, these are capable of fatal wounding its victims with its deadly venom before devouring them whole. http://72.29.64.170/...etail.php?id=22

LOL

that was priceless

#15 fs_zman22180

fs_zman22180
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 19:56

hehe once
1. i sold a x4 forged venom shield and a FFed piercing blade for 8k...
2. i atked a cursed samurai at lvl 8... got delvled bak to 1....
3. i put lvl up points into defence...

XD

#16 fs_deciever11

fs_deciever11
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 19:59

lol @ this thread

#17 fs_killer422

fs_killer422
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 20:08

#1. when i was level 48 i found a steep nojor and was hunting, i didnt have any idea what a SE was at that level so i attacked it, i lost, deleved, attacked about three more times before i looked at its stats...ya...lol not a good idea to attack it, so i sat there for couple days, it didnt move, i didnt know how to sell it and my friend kept telling me to sell it but i didnt know how to tell people lol so i sat there for about 4 days, nobody ever killed it until on the fifth day i logged on and it was gone :'(

4 days........ponies these days hardly even survive for 40 minutes after it respawn

#18 ElfEragon

ElfEragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 21:49

myn would be carrying around over 100k when i was a lower lvl, i kept getting attacked.

#19 ElfEragon

ElfEragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 21:52

#1. when i was level 48 i found a steep nojor and was hunting, i didnt have any idea what a SE was at that level so i attacked it, i lost, deleved, attacked about three more times before i looked at its stats...ya...lol not a good idea to attack it, so i sat there for couple days, it didnt move, i didnt know how to sell it and my friend kept telling me to sell it but i didnt know how to tell people lol so i sat there for about 4 days, nobody ever killed it until on the fifth day i logged on and it was gone :'(

#2. I had a baron sword when i was level 15, saw the stats, they were good for my level, tried equiping it, wasnt high enough level, and i saw the minimum level and looked at my friends profile and saw the weapon he was wearing and i was like "nobody over level 135 would wear this" and trashed it....

#3. I accidentally spent 26 fsp on bounty tickets at 5 in the morning instead of maximum stamina. (and fsp is pretty rare for me so i was hitting myself for weeks)

those are just some of the ones off the top of my head lol

thats ruff. i ran into a cockitrice at lvl 23 or so, created an attack group, and lost. did not know how to sell the location.

#20 fs_ecofrog

fs_ecofrog
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 23:07

Man snakes are scary, i don't blame you

http://home.earthlin...inger/homer.jpg

http://www.comic-min... ... 38_sml.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: