rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 November 2012 - 00:30

Reviews:
I've been reading through some reviews that MMO sites have posted about Fallen Sword. Some of the reviews are very good, but then there are those really harsh ones. I know HCS can't control what is posted on these outside sites but you can learn from them. For instance go read some of these reviews especially the Con side of the review. And see how you can improve upon some of the negative things said. Because in my opinion the negatives seen from an outside source is so much more valuable and gives more incite than anyone that already plays the game and has their own opinion.

Youtube:
~I think if used correctly Youtube can be one of the best free advertisement sites out there if it is used correctly. I know HCS already has a channel but I don't feel like it is used to its full capability's. Make some of your own official game reviews for Fallen Sword or any of your other games. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, Just something describing the game so on...
~Also to an extension of this video guides could also be a very nice tactic for helping new players along with the old.
~But even if this isn't done HCS could use it to buy ads on youtube. I don't know what the prices are or if it would even be cost efficient but anything helps.

These are my two bigger tips, I encourage everyone to add their inputs and ideas. I feel like this is a very important matter that HCS will need our help with if it is going to be effective.

#2 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 00:38

Very nice and solid suggestions dude :D

#3 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:47

LAG, LAG is a huge turn off for many players. make FS a downloadable game, that should cut huge amounts of data off. not every body has the skill, even with the guide or even know that the image pack exists.

#4 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:34

LAG, LAG is a huge turn off for many players. make FS a downloadable game, that should cut huge amounts of data off. not every body has the skill, even with the guide or even know that the image pack exists.

Other than for the beginning of the Halloween event I haven't noticed any lag. Honestly for the Image Pack I've tried it and I never saw much of a difference. But I don't think the game is bad enough to make it a downloadable game and I think that might actually be a turn off.

#5 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:36

Boomp :)

#6 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Canada

Posted 10 November 2012 - 21:52

Well, the problem with your suggestion is that HCS, especially BigGrim, don't look at the negative comments, posts or anything about them, because they don't care for it (they just delete them if they can which is a little immature). So, in order for them to improve their game, they have to learn to read and deal with them (which we all know they will not and never will).

But your suggestions are good ones, but again, it's a shame that not a single person from HCS will take the advice.

#7 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 00:06

Well, the problem with your suggestion is that HCS, especially BigGrim, don't look at the negative comments, posts or anything about them, because they don't care for it (they just delete them if they can which is a little immature). So, in order for them to improve their game, they have to learn to read and deal with them (which we all know they will not and never will).

But your suggestions are good ones, but again, it's a shame that not a single person from HCS will take the advice.

Well I'm not one to judge on this subject of how they handle their business. I just think we need to start focusing on the player base before it is too late. We are already seeing more and more inactivity and because this is happening the Fallen Sword "Economy" is suffering greatly. This is why most gear is worthless.(A lot of other factors apply such as higher level Find Item, Increased backpack space which lets people stockpile items, and guild tagging.) But back to the point, I don't think HCS can pull us back right without player support. If that means less content for the EOC players then I guess that is what it is going to take. We need more players plain and simple.

#8 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 00:10

Most of the negative comments posts are selfish yells :)

#9 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 November 2012 - 00:29

(I'm not agreeing with Vastilos here) but ... there are negative comments and there are negative comments. Some are valid concerns about stuff that's not been attended to etc. But, admittedly, there are a lot of whiny ones too...

#10 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 November 2012 - 16:06

(I'm not agreeing with Vastilos here) but ... there are negative comments and there are negative comments. Some are valid concerns about stuff that's not been attended to etc. But, admittedly, there are a lot of whiny ones too...

But I am right though. If you don't praise HCS's decisions or actions, anything you say is deleted.

#11 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 19:07

sounds like someone is a little butthurt LOL...

more use and interaction of social networks and media would be the first step in boosting the player base..if anything it would be a fun signal boost. i think as a community we can easily produce videos to spread the word of the game. simple instructional videos, creature fanfics, or other creative ideas will help bring the community together more. MMo's are all about community..WE as a community need to come together to help the game we enjoy..

what do comments like "the player base is dropping because hcs sucks" do? nothing..its just being a bad heckler..if you aren't willing to help out in a constuctive wat, leave your comments in your head and stop mucking up the forum with negative bs.

the way HCS deals with nonconstructive feedback on the forum shouldn't be such a big deal. stop being so butthurt because your whining, unproductive comments are erased. every player can be a critic but its the way you deliver your criticism that is important.

#12 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 19:13

what i thought was an awesome community event that HCS hosted was that costume contest :D

having more contests like that that have to do with in game material is a great way to get players to look back at those levels they went through and enjoyed and bring them out in a creative way..

drawing, model, or costume contests are a great way to bring real life into virtual life..also when outside gamers or new players see a community that has fun with the story HCS made, it only wants them to explore what we have enjoyed

#13 Wolfdog5

Wolfdog5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 20:49

Downloadable verison of fallensword would be nice on my end with dialup. Would help with my refresh rates. Would take a bit to download at first but that will only hurt for a few hours :lol:

#14 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:27

Bump

#15 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:36

You really want to increase the player base?
Stop worrying about existing players and start teaching level 3's they are the future.

#16 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2012 - 17:07

Stop worrying about existing players and start teaching level 3's they are the future.

Keep on preaching!

#17 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 19:41

Not exactly what I had in mind. HCS will need to find the right mix of it. After all you never want to put all your marbles into one bag. You never want to turn your back on what got you there in the first place. Honestly we need to ramp up the incentives when you join. There is so many turned off when they look at that Top 250 list and see players at 1,550+ and they realize it will take me a month to go 50 levels.

#18 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 20:38

Not exactly what I had in mind. HCS will need to find the right mix of it. After all you never want to put all your marbles into one bag. You never want to turn your back on what got you there in the first place. Honestly we need to ramp up the incentives when you join. There is so many turned off when they look at that Top 250 list and see players at 1,550+ and they realize it will take me a month to go 50 levels.

Low levels, for whatever definition of low you want to use, need some mechanism for rapid leveling.

For example, you could let them buy a very cheap/free upgrade once a week, that gives them double (or even triple) xp for 24 hrs; a build your own double xp event.

This doesn't propel them anywhere near EOC, but they will see rapid character improvement up to whatever level is deemed fit.

#19 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2012 - 20:41

Low levels, for whatever definition of low you want to use, need some mechanism for rapid leveling.

For example, you could let them buy a very cheap/free upgrade once a week, that gives them double (or even triple) xp for 24 hrs; a build your own double xp event.

This doesn't propel them anywhere near EOC, but they will see rapid character improvement up to whatever level is deemed fit.

Interesting idea. Maybe make it once a week for their first 3 months of activity?

#20 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 22:53

Interesting idea. Maybe make it once a week for their first 3 months of activity?

Yes I'd agree with this! I'd say up to level 200 or so then cut if off, but I wouldn't have a problem with extending to level 400 or so. But I don't think it should have a time restriction to do so. Just a level restriction. This way they don't have to use them and they can enjoy other parts of the game as well. Because we don't just want to have all these new power levelers who don't know any other parts of the game. (Make it so you can't activate these during global x2 or x3 xp event so it isn't way over powering.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: