47 replies to this topic

#1 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 00:33

Soooooooo, here's one I haven't seen yet....until today, ALL folks in my ladder range were in the same guild, all 4 of them.  I would certainly like to jump into the fray, but what remote chance do I have?!?!  Why?  Because....

1) Guildies cannot hit each other on the ladder (I do believe)

2) Guildies can still collect tokens

3) If say....another pvper jumped onto the ladder, where there are 4 others who can only beat on you, what chance would this johnny-come-lately have?

Now, the folk in my range are top notch droogs, to be sure.  But what choice would they have, but to smell raw meat, and pounce?

If this has not been addressed recently...further proof that the ladder and pvp needs huge fixes. 

***Perhaps let guildies cannibalize each other?***

What other option is there?

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 00:50

If this has not been addressed recently...further proof that the ladder and pvp needs huge fixes. 

As much fun as that would be, that wouldnt and probably will never be an option. Too easy to manipulate the ladder standings.

The problem lies with the benefits one gets from the ladder. Popularity would promote better competition. There needs to be (bound?) consumable prizes for tokens. Get players coming back to play each reset or randomly to collect these new consumables

#3 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 00:53

Another problem that needs to be addressed is the fact that I got rewarded last reset with tokens when it was just me and my guildmates 'playing'.. What a boring and most non derserving reward

#4 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:02

Soooooooo, here's one I haven't seen yet....until today, ALL folks in my ladder range were in the same guild, all 4 of them.  I would certainly like to jump into the fray, but what remote chance do I have?!?!  Why?  Because....

1) Guildies cannot hit each other on the ladder (I do believe)

2) Guildies can still collect tokens

3) If say....another pvper jumped onto the ladder, where there are 4 others who can only beat on you, what chance would this johnny-come-lately have?

Now, the folk in my range are top notch droogs, to be sure.  But what choice would they have, but to smell raw meat, and pounce?

DP

DP I do agree something but I disagree with others.  If a ladder is filled with players from the same guld, there should be no tokens or domiance medal ticks awarded.  But on the other hand seeing 4 or 5 people from the same guild doesn't mean an automatic loss to anyone else who joins.  Think about it.  You have 4+ targets to hit and they only have one.  Sure there will be greater exp loss for you in the end, but you have more targets to hit and gain PvP Rating from, therefore giving you the advantage to win.  Just throwing my 2 cents in.

But as far as letting guildmates attack each other on the ladder to fix this problem I disagree.  I'm fine with it off the ladder, but people can easily exploit it while on the ladder.

Edited by Melons, 19 June 2014 - 01:10.

#5 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:05

Actually what you brought up here is a thing that was just blowing my mind, we can't prevent people from the same guild joining the same ladder but what HCS can do is to make a rule where they atleast must hit each other with a few 100 stams (maybe atleast 4 hits with 100s) or else they won't be on the ladder the next reset and they won't get ladder tockens, I think there is already a rule that says you must hit or be hit on the ladder to qualify for the tockens reward and get a position on the ladder, so adding this extra rule won't be a big deal....

Another thing :-

I agree that the PvP ladder tockens need to be upgraded, maybe add potions or items as a reward, they must be good potions and items though or the addition will be pointless, however good thing you brought this up ;), maybe HCS can make a poll about this

clock96.gif

#6 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:08

DP I do agree something but I disagree with others.  If a ladder is filled with player from the same guld, there should be no tokens or domiance medal ticks awarded.  But on the other hand seeing 4 or 5 people from the same guild doesn't mean an automatic loss to anyone else who joins.  Think about it.  You have 4+ targets to hit and they only have one.  Sure there will be greater exp loss for you in the end, but you have more targets to hit and gain PvP Rating from, therefore giving you the advantage to win.  Just throwing my 2 cents in.

But as far as letting guildmates attack each other on the ladder to fix this problem I dissagree.  I'm fine with it off the ladder, but people can easily exploit it while on the ladder.

This is a good point that Tehmelons talked about here, each of them will have one target and you will have 4, therefore you can make 4 hits each hour and they will make 1, positive thing here

clock96.gif

#7 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:11

Not to undermine what your saying mate but this is hardly the first thing that comes to mind when you think of how "the ladder is Broked". 

What about the deflect on ladder hits, bounty board farming for rating, the token rewards that are nearly worthless and many other issues. 

I do understand what your trying to say. But how about instead we make the ladder an aspect of this game that actually attracts many players. 

#8 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

DP I do agree something but I disagree with others.  If a ladder is filled with player from the same guld, there should be no tokens or domiance medal ticks awarded.  But on the other hand seeing 4 or 5 people from the same guild doesn't mean an automatic loss to anyone else who joins.  Think about it.  You have 4+ targets to hit and they only have one.  Sure there will be greater exp loss for you in the end, but you have more targets to hit and gain PvP Rating from, therefore giving you the advantage to win.  Just throwing my 2 cents in.

But as far as letting guildmates attack each other on the ladder to fix this problem I dissagree.  I'm fine with it off the ladder, but people can easily exploit it while on the ladder.

Really? Look at my range, then check out the members...there is one outside member on the ladder....guess what rank he is?!?!

You need to consider the massively increased frequency that a collective can be online AND hit.

I'm with RJ, the tokens are cheapened, as is the Dominance medal if anyone is collecting them under the OP circumstances.

DP

#9 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

This is a good point that Tehmelons talked about here, each of them will have one target and you will have 4, therefore you can make 4 hits each hour and they will make 1, positive thing here

But those 4 people who hit 1 time each per hour equates to 4 hits every hour. In this case, the teamwork of the 4 will almost always be greater than the lone man in the ladder.

#10 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:13

As much fun as that would be, that wouldnt and probably will never be an option. Too easy to manipulate the ladder standings.

The problem lies with the benefits one gets from the ladder. Popularity would promote better competition. There needs to be (bound?) consumable prizes for tokens. Get players coming back to play each reset or randomly to collect these new consumables

I don't agree Jedi, the problem lies in your next post, the cheap and easy tokens.  However, under the current circumstances, the ladder is already inadvertantly being manipulated.

DP

I don't agree Jedi, the problem lies in your next post, the cheap and easy tokens.  However, under the current circumstances, the ladder is already inadvertantly being manipulated.

DP

#11 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:15

Actually what you brought up here is a thing that was just blowing my mind, we can't prevent people from the same guild joining the same ladder but what HCS can do is to make a rule where they atleast must hit each other with a few 100 stams (maybe atleast 4 hits with 100s) or else they won't be on the ladder the next reset and they won't get ladder tockens, I think there is already a rule that says you must hit or be hit on the ladder to qualify for the tockens reward and get a position on the ladder, so adding this extra rule won't be a big deal....

Another thing :-

I agree that the PvP ladder tockens need to be upgraded, maybe add potions or items as a reward, they must be good potions and items though or the addition will be pointless, however good thing you brought this up ;), maybe HCS can make a poll about this

The problem I see with adding more items/potions with PvP ladder tokens is the fact will it be temporarly? Without a doubt, if they add more items/pots that are invented with tokens, there would be a surge in players on ladder, but for how long before it becomes dead like it is? There have been many threads related to this and the most logical one I think is added bound pots that have different buffs for activities for leveling/titan hunting/PvP/etc. But this is easier said than done.  Firstly, you have to think about the abundance of tokens some players have. Secondly, the problem everyone seems to be having with whole guilds basically taking over some ladder ranges. I'd say we'd have to first look into those things before adding anymore rewards.

#12 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:16

Not to undermine what your saying mate but this is hardly the first thing that comes to mind when you think of how "the ladder is Broked". 

What about the deflect on ladder hits, bounty board farming for rating, the token rewards that are nearly worthless and many other issues. 

I do understand what your trying to say. But how about instead we make the ladder an aspect of this game that actually attracts many players. 

Please do try to stay on task, friend...I'm speaking of THIS instance, none other.

Keep up with the program or drop out.

DP

#13 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:17

But those 4 people who hit 1 time each per hour equates to 4 hits every hour. In this case, the teamwork of the 4 will almost always be greater than the lone man in the ladder.

I used to have 2 people from the same guild with me on the ladder, they never got to first position cuz each of them missed like half attacks that I did, but yeah that's because they were 2 never tried 4+ but it must be a tough thing to keep up with by time, but atleast they can't all sit on the 1st position, one of them will get the credit but he will get it in an easy way

clock96.gif

#14 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:19

I'm with RJ, the tokens are cheapened, as is the Dominance medal if anyone is collecting them under the OP circumstances.

a great question..

#15 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:19

The problem I see with adding more items/potions with PvP ladder tokens is the fact will it be temporarly? Without a doubt, if they add more items/pots that are invented with tokens, there would be a surge in players on ladder, but for how long before it becomes dead like it is? There have been many threads related to this and the most logical one I think is added bound pots that have different buffs for activities for leveling/titan hunting/PvP/etc. But this is easier said than done.  Firstly, you have to think about the abundance of tokens some players have. Secondly, the problem everyone seems to be having with whole guilds basically taking over some ladder ranges. I'd say we'd have to first look into those things before adding anymore rewards.

As Jedi put it, make them consumable. Maybe even bound. Problem solved as long as they are good enough to be wanted to use by the community.

#16 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:21

what I meant with potion and items here is actual potions and items not resources that help make them and they shouldn't be bound, you worked hard to get them so you can do whatever you want with them, and they should be with a lot of tockens like 100, 200, etc..... according to the importance of each of them

clock96.gif

#17 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:21

I used to have 2 people from the same guild with me on the ladder, they never got to first position cuz each of them missed like half attacks that I did, but yeah that's because they were 2 never tried 4+ but it must be a tough thing to keep up with by time, but atleast they can't all sit on the 1st position, one of them will get the credit but he will get it in an easy way

Only one guy can be in first place! And no, its not because there were only two.. it probably had to do with them "missing like half attacks"

#18 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:23

Please do try to stay on task, friend...I'm speaking of THIS instance, none other.

Keep up with the program or drop out.

DP

Prove them wrong DP!! See you next reset :-)

#19 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:24

However, I MUST agree that there are many things that ALSO need to be looked at in PvP.  If these things eliminate the need for the current ladder system, all the better.

DP

Prove them wrong DP!! See you next reset :-)

Join my guild Jedi, then we'll tag them.  Yes?? Nooooooooo????? HEhehehe.

#20 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:24

Only one guy can be in first place! And no, its not because there were only two.. it probably had to do with them "missing like half attacks"

I knew only one guy can be in the top but I said it to prove my point lol

clock96.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: