BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:46

Hi there Everyone.

It is the fifth of November once again. Guy Fawkes night! As such the Bonfire night quest Bonfires, Celebrations and Explosions! (BFN) is active again, with the mighty Fawkes Wickerman (Titan) stalks the Realms again!

Fawkes Wickerman (Titan)
Posted Image

The Fawkes Wickerman is created once a year by the evil Druids of Fawkes who live deep in the mountains. The Druids are known to be in league with the Shadow Lord himself. The Fawkes Wickerman is filled with living captives who would dare oppose the will of the Shadowlord. As they burn alive within the Wickerman the souls of the victims fuel the Wickermans rampage only stopping once he is burned to cinders...

Level: 180+

The Quest and the Titan will be available for the next two weeks!

Enjoy!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:59

:D very nice event there, too bad most are out of stamina to participate in it like me..... :cry:

#3 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 13:00

asking as someone will nothing for the rest of us ? ..ie wheres this years jacket spud or sausage :)

#4 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 13:39

Can you remind me what Quest ? can't remember lol

#5 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 13:47

Can you remind me what Quest ? can't remember lol

Bonfires, Celebrations and Explosions! (BFN) lvl 5 most of us have done it

#6 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 13:57

Massive lag

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 November 2012 - 14:07

IE wheres this years jacket spud or sausage :)

The Bonfire Platter ought to return. We'll see.

#8 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2012 - 14:39

Have to say, was kinda hoping for a new quest or two Grim?
Oh well at least those who haven't completed it yet finally have their chance and a couple of guilds will have a chance at some wickerman items.

I saw an idea proposing unlimited HP on these 'special event' titans on another thread. Seems like the only way some guilds would ever get close to one of these seasonal items without paying through their noses for them. You guys should really think about that idea.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#9 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 November 2012 - 15:43

Have to say, was kinda hoping for a new quest or two Grim?
Oh well at least those who haven't completed it yet finally have their chance and a couple of guilds will have a chance at some wickerman items.

With the general storyline of Bonfire nights history covered, I wasn't sure where else to go. Plus most of the recent efforts have gone towards Halloween. Which good substantially bigger and more complex as we thought about things to do, coupled with the work towards more content and getting ready for Xmas. At the end of the day, as far as holidays are concerned, Bonfire Night is a fairly minor one.

I saw an idea proposing unlimited HP on these 'special event' titans on another thread. Seems like the only way some guilds would ever get close to one of these seasonal items without paying through their noses for them. You guys should really think about that idea.

I saw that. Unfortunately, it's a bit late in the day to be adding brand new mechanics to Titans at this time. Maybe by the next time they appear next year. In the meantime, any one that wants them ought to mobilize their Guild and hunt them as they are intended. The big guys can be defeated if you work together.

#10 rendtizzy

rendtizzy

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 15:48

i dont know why you keep pushing out new titans in the game, that only 1 or so guild always gets the 50% mark on the new titans on almost each and every titan. There should be a guild cap amount of how many of certain titans they can kill, preventing an allocation of monolpoly in this game to only 1 guild.

#11 rendtizzy

rendtizzy

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 15:58

instead of giving the item they drop at the 50% mark a guild makes you should take out the titan bane brew from the game and revamp it to a good reward to a guild for making the 50% mark, make it tradable of course. instead of the item going to the guild mailbox. this reward item instead goes to each player's mailbox in the guild. THis will help only guilds to be able to spend tkp's to get items to prevent item inflation or guild monopolizing, and makes holiday titan items very scarce as intended.

#12 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2012 - 16:11

I saw that. Unfortunately, it's a bit late in the day to be adding brand new mechanics to Titans at this time. Maybe by the next time they appear next year. In the meantime, any one that wants them ought to mobilize their Guild and hunt them as they are intended. The big guys can be defeated if you work together.

Mobilize my entire guild??

Well I don't know, it might take a considerable amount of effort to organise THAT many people... lol

I know what you mean though, titans were designed to be conquered by 'teams' of people, not individuals. I think a lot of people are put off before they even begin though to be honest. With such incredible profits available on these items, the guild 's' that usually dominate on regular titans, well, they dominate even harder on the rare titans.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2012 - 16:14

Also Grim, going along with the Halloween theme of using movie characters you could have done something in-game relating the the movie V for Vendetta? Was a great movie and could have added a bit to the bonfire night FS event. Too late now, a little bit of a missed opportunity though I think.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 Kae1712

Kae1712

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 16:34

Woo potatos!

#15 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 05 November 2012 - 16:54

Woo potatos!

Finaly, it has been a year since I had a good potato diner!

#16 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 20:40

Glad to see there is some hope to fixing the seasonal titans to give equality during the durations of their appearances. Unlimited titan hp and a cap for each guilds TKP for that titan with no titan drops would be great. Just for seasonal though, plus you can even add a guild achievement for x amount of seasonal titan items bought "Tis the Season" would be a good name for it :D

#17 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 22:44

Well increase the spawn rate then. Manually spawn a few of them a day at different times or something.

#18 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:14

Really cool that this was released. But after that big stam sink from the awesome halloween event my character is pretty tired and needs to recharge. XD

Rasputin17.jpg 

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:12

Words of Wisdom:

Without a titan team you wont win a titan...Stop complaining about the guilds that can secure titans and start building a titan team to actually have a chance. They work hard to build a titan team, why should guilds who don't do that have a chance? Everyone has a chance, its whether you choose to build a team or not.

#20 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:34

Words of Wisdom:

Without a titan team you wont win a titan...Stop complaining about the guilds that can secure titans and start building a titan team to actually have a chance. They work hard to build a titan team, why should guilds who don't do that have a chance? Everyone has a chance, its whether you choose to build a team or not.

Not really. Some can fly across the map in <2seconds, which compared to most isn't very practical competing against. Put 2-3 players with fast connections/close to the server together against a group of 10 experienced hunters that aren't against a titan and I would be surprised if the 10 players win.

The new map still does not provide an equal playing field, because there is no limit to how fast someone can move, apart from the server processing the movement.

Until that is fixed, then let the complaining continue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: