• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:26

While i was thinking that pretty much all of the old SE items are near enough worthless nowadays, we need a new idea to cycle them out.
Ok my idea goes, why not invent a new form of creature called an 'Ancient'. HCS can spawn these creatures throughout all the realms and use the same coding as chests currently are in-game. These creatures will drop recipes, resources(To keep them rare and worthwhile finding) and use all of the old SE items in order to cycle them out, in which to invent a new type of item called an Ancient Item. (Stats still to be discussed). Ancient items will be regonised by the colour Brown.

Next question is how should these Ancient items work?
* Should we have them give better stats than epics
* make them non repairable or repairable
* Should Ancient items only be single stat items only(they are Ancient after all)

Feedback Appreciated

#2 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:54

While i was thinking that pretty much all of the old SE items are near enough worthless nowadays, we need a new idea to cycle them out.
Ok my idea goes, why not invent a new form of creature called an 'Ancient'. HCS can spawn these creatures throughout all the realms and use the same coding as chests currently are in-game. These creatures will drop recipes, resources(To keep them rare and worthwhile finding) and use all of the old SE items in order to cycle them out, in which to invent a new type of item called an Ancient Item. (Stats still to be discussed). Ancient items will be regonised by the colour Brown.

* Should Ancient items only be single stat items only(they are Ancient after all)

Feedback Appreciated

I think that is actually a really nice idea, there are too many items that don't have any use whatsoever. I think that this should be something REALLY rare and REALLY powerful however, so I propose a few specific things:

[*:3767irs9]More powerful than epics.
[*:3767irs9]Lose durability at 3 to 4 times the rate of crystal, or have really low durability and lose at the same rate.
[*:3767irs9]Non repairable
[*:3767irs9]Destroyed after "x" days of being created or full durability loss
[*:3767irs9]Single stat with perfect craft, multiple stats otherwise.
[*:3767irs9]The monster moves realms every 5-10 minutes (so essentially, you have to kill as soon as you find).
I believe that's it. Great suggestion overall.

#3 Ptrgriffin

Ptrgriffin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Canada

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:00

Feedback Appreciated

I think that is actually a really nice idea, there are too many items that don't have any use whatsoever. I think that this should be something REALLY rare and REALLY powerful however, so I propose a few specific things:

[*:2nibfkcl]More powerful than epics.
[*:2nibfkcl]Lose durability at 3 to 4 times the rate of crystal, or have really low durability and lose at the same rate.
[*:2nibfkcl]Non repairable
[*:2nibfkcl]Destroyed after "x" days of being created or full durability loss
[*:2nibfkcl]Single stat with perfect craft, multiple stats otherwise.
[*:2nibfkcl]The monster moves realms every 5-10 minutes (so essentially, you have to kill as soon as you find).

Maybe not destroyed after 'x' number of days but I like the idea if a new item type...

It's like crossing an epic with crystalline to get a powerful, easily breakable weapon

ptrgriffinsigcopy.png

#4 fs_abhishek11

fs_abhishek11
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:54

but then if it's something like an epic which gives stamina gain. Even with crystalline properties it can last looonngg since you don't actually use it.

Instead of making it crystalline make it so that it "crumbles" after a specific time or maybe even an uncertain time! somewhere between let's say in arguendo 1 week to a month it can vanish like poof! It turned to dust. :P
It's ancient after all, you never know when it might just do that :P
and yup it would be good to see the SE items put to some use.

#5 zeder

zeder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:04

Feedback Appreciated

[*:1ese00ym]More powerful than epics.
[*:1ese00ym]Lose durability at 3 to 4 times the rate of crystal, or have really low durability and lose at the same rate.
[*:1ese00ym]Non repairable
[*:1ese00ym]Destroyed after "x" days of being created or full durability loss
[*:1ese00ym]Single stat with perfect craft, multiple stats otherwise.
[*:1ese00ym]The monster moves realms every 5-10 minutes (so essentially, you have to kill as soon as you find).

the idea is fine for the people with higher levels that can (normally attack & win the SE's to get the SE items) but what of the people of lower levels?
And if the SE item is destroyed in the process & then it after x amount of time the new item is destroyed why bother doing it in the 1st place? why not just drop/destroy the SE items right now?

ZederGift_zpsa47e7c25.png by Chagryn

#6 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2012 - 21:40

but then if it's something like an epic which gives stamina gain. Even with crystalline properties it can last looonngg since you don't actually use it.

Instead of making it crystalline make it so that it "crumbles" after a specific time or maybe even an uncertain time! somewhere between let's say in arguendo 1 week to a month it can vanish like poof! It turned to dust. :P

it could have epic stats without the stam gain...

#7 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2012 - 21:45

+1.

Once upon a time, Epics were Epicly rare, and Stam Gain was even rarer. The end.

#8 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 22:33

I say better stats than epics, since ancient items will be the rarest of the rare :D

#9 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2012 - 22:57

I say better stats than epics, since ancient items will be the rarest of the rare :D

I really do like this idea, about new kind of items, but I disagree these should be higher than epics, as mentioned alot of times over the years, we do already have overpowered stats.
I'm suggesting a new era of items, items with properties ~ separate property for only this kind of item 'Ancient'

I did also like to see some new kind of "designs" like bows or other "distance weapons"

Cheers

Centus

#10 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 23:00

I really do like this idea, about new kind of items, but I disagree these should be higher than epics, as mentioned alot of times over the years, we do already have overpowered stats.
I'm suggesting a new era of items, items with properties ~ separate property for only this kind of item 'Ancient'

I did also like to see some new kind of "designs" like bows or other "distance weapons"

Cheers

Centus

While distance weapons do seem like a good idea, the only practical use I could see for them would be for titans. For everything else, you don't know where the creature is, unless they code up an interface which allows you to click on a square and see what's at that location. Though, gear that would take up 2 slots could be interesting, such as a bow which would prevent use of a shield but would have its own special abilities? I'm just throwing out ideas here.

~AA

#11 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2012 - 23:13

While distance weapons do seem like a good idea, the only practical use I could see for them would be for titans. For everything else, you don't know where the creature is, unless they code up an interface which allows you to click on a square and see what's at that location. Though, gear that would take up 2 slots could be interesting, such as a bow which would prevent use of a shield but would have its own special abilities? I'm just throwing out ideas here.

~AA

^ - and I like this idea very much "inventing arrows", shooting from distance would be a nice feature, and mess with some of all these 9 item sets would also be great =D

I also think it would be an awesome property for 'Ancient' as "distance weapons" you could have overview for 9 spots at once, you will have some help finding chests, SEs etc, wouldn't this make them worth atleast the same or even higher value that epic items?

Cheers

Centus

#12 Thriceborn

Thriceborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:44

I just want to point out that most of the 'oldest' items in the game are four- or five-stat. :mrgreen:

Actually, that's not quite all.

I could see this if Ancient gear could only be used against Ancient enemies. Relatedly, maybe non-Ancient gear would have reduced stats vs. Ancients? I don't know if that's really feasible, though.

#13 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:50

I just want to point out that most of the 'oldest' items in the game are four- or five-stat. :mrgreen:

Actually, that's not quite all.

^ - I agree with this, we could use some sets that requires 3-4 items, maybe players won't use it for hunting, but not every setup needs to be "fitted for the SH"-syndrom

I could see this if Ancient gear could only be used against Ancient enemies. Relatedly, maybe non-Ancient gear would have reduced stats vs. Ancients? I don't know if that's really feasible, though.

^ - I'm all for having specific properties to this new kind of items

Cheers

Centus

#14 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 18:39

Maybe Ancient creatures could have a new enhancement - Ancient - Small Reduction to all opponents non Ancient items. People say hunting and killing is easy, Let's see how they do against the ancients :twisted:

#15 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2012 - 00:56

Feedback Appreciated

I really like this idea :D

#16 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:39

Feedback Appreciated

I really like this idea :D

Thanks Hoof :D

Also how would you like to see Ancient Items work regards to the questions.

#17 Bekki16

Bekki16

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:00

Feedback Appreciated

I think single stat items could be interesting if they are non repairable.
All in all great idea prey :D

#18 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:27

Thanks Hoof :D

Also how would you like to see Ancient Items work regards to the questions.

I think they could be unique, either by making them focused on a single stat or give them some sort of unique enhancement.

I think non-repairable.

See my comment above :)

#19 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:32

Hoof, any thoughts on a time decay item?

#20 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:57

Hoof, any thoughts on a time decay item?

You mean like once it has been equipped, it's durability will start ticking down?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: