Photo

Would you like to see the new 1800 set with altered stats?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Should HCS change the 1800 set? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see the 1800 set changed to Def 30% Dam 70% distribution?

1. Yes (41 votes [83.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.67%

2. No (8 votes [16.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.33%

Vote

#1 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 16:19

I'm really not sure what the logic behind giving the new 1800 set a dominant HP stat.

Not when there were many players asking for a Def/Dam setup.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#2 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 07 January 2014 - 16:21

I wouldn't have picked Defense for the secondary stat, but it's better than HP.  :wacko:

#3 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 16:24

I see you went with the distribution I had suggested in the other thread. I am all for this as it has been a while since an LE set had high damage with some defense. last memorable 1 is helhearts (890) and that set was super popular when it came out.

#4 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 16:26

I see you went with the distribution I had suggested in the other thread. I am all for this as it has been a while since an LE set had high damage with some defense. last memorable 1 is helhearts (890) and that set was super popular when it came out.

Indeed, Def/Dam is sorely lacking right now. Though I do have some bad memories of the HH set. :P

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#5 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 16:51

Damage instead of HP makes much more sense. I see NO use for a high HP set.

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 16:55

I can say the same for a bunch of the other sets WHY didn't they listen to what we wanted. What came over them to put in HP sets, i think there is 4 new hp sets.....HP is ultimately useless. I think everyone wasted their time posting what they wanted to see in the new sets because i don't think they even looked at it while making the sets.

#7 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 07 January 2014 - 17:00

What came over them to put in HP sets, i think there is 4 new hp sets.....HP is ultimately useless. I think everyone wasted their time posting what they wanted to see in the new sets because i don't think they even looked at it while making the sets.

The answer to your question lies in that suggestion thread. I went over it as soon as I saw the 1500 and 1800 sets.

Hint: Go to page 4.

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 January 2014 - 17:01

I've said this repeatedly. We DID listen to the thread. And as I have also said I have a large list of possible set ideas now.
This insistence that we did not is getting real old now. Knock it off.

#9 savipats

savipats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 17:04

It was rather disappointing to see nothing for the EoC players damage-wise...  either 1500, 1650 or 1800 set with att-dam or def-dam (with bigger half in damage) would've been nice as long as it would fit in with at least some of the other high-lvl LE-damage sets...

going to vote yes obviously..:)

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 17:23

A lot of us are just disappointed is all BG.

#11 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 17:35

Short n sweet i voted yes..

#12 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 January 2014 - 17:44

personally after looking at my wifes new sets i like the HP on the 415 set...works well with armor sets in the range....but i agree also that MOST ranges...not all...dont need any hp sets....

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#13 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 18:33

So why is there a HP stat in the game? Seems it is only usefull if you are a critter....but for players HP is useless?

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 18:33

Def / Dam would be of infinite more use than HP / Dam ... actually, Dam / Def ... even better.

Edited by Pardoux, 07 January 2014 - 18:34.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#15 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 18:35

Def / Dam would be of infinite more use than HP / Dam ... actually, Dam / Def ... even better.

Same thing Pard. Dust Def comes first in the list of stats so I listed it first.

Still Def 30% and Dam 70% though. ;)

Edited by Mister Doom, 07 January 2014 - 18:35.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#16 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 January 2014 - 18:51

So why is there a HP stat in the game? Seems it is only usefull if you are a critter....but for players HP is useless?

Even down here at lower levels HP is valuable in PvP/GvG and Arena. it is a handy stat to have as a player if used properly. But for the players with little to no PvP use for an item it is as you say, useless.

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#17 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 19:30

BigGrim the poll seems to be showing a pretty big majority with the 1's voting no not even being near the level to wear the items.

So everyone who could wear this set would prefer the change to the current situation. I think it would make sense to make a quick change so many can go out and still enjoy the event.

#18 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 January 2014 - 19:48

I agree with Leos. 

The stats don't make any sense whatsoever. 

Yes to the quick change.

#19 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 20:37

maybe another way to prove to grim how badly this set needs changing is, sorry for derailing, ...is there a setup that can be used for anything using THIS new 1800 set that couldnt be done better without it? except eg. i can get more hp/damage by using this set, as obviously that has no practical application.

#20 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 20:38

I voted no.

I agree with the title, the set should be altered, I just don't agree with having Def on a damage set, especially at the higher levels, looking at the sets I've used since 1300 or so and looking ahead majority of damage oriented gear(mainly used for hunting) is atk/DAM or ATK/dam, def is near on useless due to how easy you can pile up attack and use NMV to achieve whatever def you need, therefore I would like to see, if any change is made, an atk/dam set - keeps up with the trend that seems to be going on since level 1300 or so.

Edited by sohail94, 07 January 2014 - 20:38.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: