Tool to Find Buffers - Updated with new skills - August 2008

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this tool usefull to you? (157 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this tool usefull to you?

1. Voted Yeah it is great! Will use it often (199 votes [75.38%])

Percentage of vote: 75.38%

2. Voted Looks good. Will use it rarely (48 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Voted Not worth my time (17 votes [6.44%])

Percentage of vote: 6.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 fs_wzarlon

fs_wzarlon
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 21:59

Hi guys,
Tonight I have been working on a little tool to quickly find buffers with the specific buff you need before hunting.

You can find it on our guild site here: http://fallen-empire...ind-buffers.asp

August 26 2008: Buff list has been reset due to new skills in the game.
First list 1395 players had added a total of 6637 buffs.

IMPORTANT: Treat the moderators with the respect they deserve!! They work their butt of to keep this tool clean and updated for you guys..
Don't send mean tells if it takes a little while for your buffs to get updated, as it takes a lot of energy to update it. (a whole lot more than you can imagine, trust me)
People have cursed at the moderators, called them lazy etc. by some of you players, and we will not tolerate this. Behave or be banned from the Buff tool - plain and simple

It is pretty simple: Find a buff you need in the dropdown menu and it will display users with that specific buff, the price and the level of the buff.

Everyone can add new buffs in this database, and I will be looking for some managers/mods to help keep the data upto date. (want to help, let me know)
At this moment only few buffers have been added from my own guild, but hey feel free to add your own buffs right now :)
Edit/delete is only possible with login atm. I will have to figure out a way to keep it open and still stop people from abusing/deleting others buffs. *Im thinking* (Maybe a representative from every guild can get a unique login or similar - this way I can track abuse)

If you like the tool, then please spread the word. The more people who sign up their buffs/skills, the more usefull the tool will be in the future.

Moderators: Need to change price, level or delete buffs from the list, then contact one of the moderators who help to manage this list:
NicramDuel, EvilLove, Zygfryd, Celebor, tawniteamo

I still await reply from HCS about my request to make SOAP calls to check if players are online/offline.. Would be a valuable upgrade to this tool - Hoof? :)

Updates:
#18 tawniteamo joined as moderator
#17 Spartan007, MiyaElise resigned as moderator
#16 Celebor joined as moderator.
#15 MiyaElise joined the moderator team
#14 silvrdrag retired as moderator.
#13 Spartan007 joined the moderator team.
#12 Zygfryd volunteered to help moderate the list.
#11 Added some stat counts on buffs submitted and different players on the list.
#10 NicramDuel have accepted to help as moderator.
#9 Upon Request: Created a "live" Player search. People like to check their own name fast.
#8 Upon Request: Sorting enhanced a bit. It is now grouped (Lowest Price+Highest lvl) or (Highest lvl + Lowest Price)
#7 Updated with Buff picture list for faster navigation.
#6 silvrdrag volunteered as moderator also. Would still like 2-3 more to share the work.
#5 Added Moderator login. EvilLove is our first moderator to help keep the list clean and upto date.
#4 You can now sort on either playername, buff level or buff price.
#3 Ok made a bigger update in the Price field. Its strick numeric now. Then added a radio button to specify if it is Gold or FSP. This way I can make a better sorting on the price
#2 Easier navigation when you enter new buffs, edit, delete.
#1 Added a "Direct link" if you want to bookmark only doublers or similar.

Please note: I have already talked to NicramDuel from this thread: http://forum.fallens...pic.php?t=45574 and got thumbs up to go ahead with it. This will also help NicramDuel as managing the other thread is a big task.

#2 note: The list will be flushed when the game resets skill points. Don't come crying when this happends please.
Thanks

#2 fs_baldie

fs_baldie
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 22:09

this is awesome! When the database is full, this is one tool I see myself using everyday! Thanks

edit: Greenguru is showing up twice on wither

#3 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 22:12

Nice one, thanks for the hard work to save a lot of our time. :wink:

Hope you get to think of a way to stop abuse, however one thing I gotta say, is that whoever tries to abuse it, is extremely rude. Tsk Tsk!

EDIT: Same with DBL, Greenguru is on twice

EDIT 2: Hehe, now he isn't. :wink:

#4 fs_wzarlon

fs_wzarlon
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 22:46

Thanks both. Deleted the duplicate entries.

Iv noticed a couple more players added their buffs to the page. Thanks! Keep em comming

#5 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 22:50

Lol, i'm adding all the buffers I have listed :P

*Cough* I've got a very long list, though i'm only doing DBL...

....A question, is it possibly to sort it by cost...it may make it easier, but I guess some of them are typed in a different format, so I'm not sure whether you'd be able to do that.

#6 fs_wzarlon

fs_wzarlon
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 23:12

Good idea Evillove. Right now I sort by level as default. Will try figure out a solution for price. As you note people type price in different formats.. I might try to enforce only one way :)

Question is. Which format is best?
- 10,000 Gold
- 10.000 Gold
- 10000 Gold
- 10k Gold

and Evillove. Thanks a lot for adding buffers! Makes it much easier for me to develop when I got some data to play with :P

#7 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 23:31

No problem. :wink:

Glad to help. Though I have been using the format XX.XXX Gold, I just followed what it said on the instructions.

I believe that using this format is either better for the eye, and easier to type.:-

- 10K (Or 10K Gold) Though I am sure people will understand it is Gold not FSP.

Those that don't use commas etc, is harder to read also not as easy to see what the actual price is, even though it is known it would be in the thousands.

Sort by Level Wise is good, though some players tend to look at the prices first and then look at the level, makes it a little easier to see which buffs are more worth it. :P

Hmm....damn not enough time to finish the list of DBL's...i'll work on it tomorrow. :wink:

On second thoughts....since i've put all the DBL list in XX.XXX Gold format...if we change it to the XXK/XXK Gold format, we'd have to change it all?

Ah and WhatYouSay is on twice in the DBL section, I wouldn't mind deleting it, though I'm not logged in.

#8 fs_godzwrath

fs_godzwrath
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 23:39

Great tool :D

#9 fs_wzarlon

fs_wzarlon
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 23:48

Thanks Godz,

EvilLove: No need to worry about if I change formats.. I will change them directly in the database as bulk. Just continue as you are and I will make sure they are presented in the same way when I settled on a specific format.
Thanks for the suggestions.

#10 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 23:55

Ah I see, that's okay then. :wink:

No problem, also another question: Are you able to display whether they are online or not, in the future that is. Similar to how the Allies/Enemies list in players profiles are like.
Again this will make it easier for players to quickly grab someone who is on.

#11 greenguru

greenguru

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 00:04

Another awesome tool by Wzarlon :D keep up the good work man, and glad to see people like this tool as much as I do!

edit: wow, much more data than 2 hours ago already ^^

#12 fs_wzarlon

fs_wzarlon
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2008 - 00:06

EvilLove: Yeah that would sure be a big improvement to be able to show who is online.. It will require some SOAP calls, and honestly I do not know if FS supports it. (its a bit technical to explain, but maybe some guru got that answer for me. Will keep my eyes open for a solution) :)

And thanks green :)

Made a few updates on the page:
- Easier navigation when you enter new buffs, edit, delete.
- Added a "Direct link" if you want to bookmark only doublers or similar. Eg. Only Doubler

#13 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2008 - 00:12

I see. ^_^

Hmm....if I get enough time, I might be able to find someone, though....I doubt it though, i'll still try. :wink:

Nice update on the 'Direct link' :P

#14 fs_wzarlon

fs_wzarlon
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2008 - 00:43

Updated it so you can sort on either playername, buff level or buff price.
The sorting on price is a bit buggy though atm. because its sorting on a textfield and not numeric a field. - Might change this later on, but kinda like it as a textfield atm.

Edit:
Ok made a bigger update in the Price field. Its strick numeric now. Then added a radio button to specify if it is Gold or FSP.
This way I can make a better sorting on the price

#15 fs_chevalade

fs_chevalade
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2008 - 00:57

This is gonna be damn handy.......

#16 fs_wzarlon

fs_wzarlon
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:57

oh man, I'm glad you guys like it... Keeps the spirit up to continue developing on it..

Iv sent a request to HCS now to check if I somehow can be allowed to check if the users are online and show with a green dot.. Would be great if I could expand the tool with that.

#17 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:54

Doubler for 1k gold!?!? Did I read that right!?!?!? That's the best deal I've seen on any buff ever! :!:

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

#18 fs_wzarlon

fs_wzarlon
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:00

Doubler for 1k gold!?!? Did I read that right!?!?!? That's the best deal I've seen on any buff ever! :!:

I'm sure its right. Check his profile:
http://www.fallenswo... ... _id=383677

Quote: costs = the stamina i need to buff *200

sure is cheap :)

#19 TheEggman

TheEggman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:55

as i see it the problem is people change prices of buffs...ive searched nicrams thread more than once to find players that state Doubler-20k and in their profile its 30k...

So get this, i wake up one mornin and look myself in the mirror, it is the walrus that i see.

#20 fs_deadlystrk

fs_deadlystrk
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:37

as always great work :D
how can i edit the buff lvl ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt