#1 Skallagrime

Skallagrime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 June 2008 - 13:04

since the conversation has digressed to the point that you simply seem to know everything, lets move over here and continue our "friendly discussion" wherein you will completely school me on everything from warriors rotational builds, mages best wisdom + exp ratios and Miners mining/smelting and leveling :roll:

referencing viewtopic.php?f=9&t=52749&p=690226#p690226

? did you even read my suggestions?

outta curiosity please tell me a. how much ap went into hunting layks as you suggested to aquire fatesgaze his massive 115 levels? also what was the wisdom increase? While we're on the subject why would you have a "low level" character hunting skull reavers period?

theres one school of thought that perhaps says "hunt things that give low exp and have high res/HP" and thats nice, you blow a few thousand ap, gain virtually no levels and a lot of wisdom

...or you could hunt things that give the same wisdom (i.e. just about anything) and higher exp

option a: 100 levels, 100 wisdom for 5000 ap - 30 minutes
option b: 400 levels, 100 wisdom for 5000 ap - 4 Hours (remember ,limited spawn)
option c: 300 levels, 100 wisdom for 5000 ap - 1 Hour

now which makes most sense?

once again you suggested that he hunt B (Layks) and after a little bit, switch to A (Skull Reavers)

yes its nice that you included a suggestion to increase any amount of + wisdom he could gain, however you fail to mention any hard proof, on the other hand, Prior even to making a specific suggestion about what to do, I personally went out and did my own personal little study on How to level a mage that was his same level, AND posted my results

now you have the audacity to both challenge my advice using unfounded numbers which at least to my mind's eye have produced no results beyond that which could be easily had even hunting Lasciel's suggestion (Leaf boggles , i doubt i'd run Night reapers personally on that level) on BASE ap since the time of posting, most likely net gain would even have been larger had they continued to play, which it seems they have not or maybe they're just hunting skull reavers *scoffs*

anyway, you name your proteges and i'll just let mine post their own support, oh, wait a couple of them have already and mostly they seem to be double your level

Quit your whining, I'm mining

https://drive.google...eVU&usp=sharing

#2 gothador_metalhead66

gothador_metalhead66
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2008 - 13:18

skella dont pick on noobs. *smacks you on the nose*

its not fair you knwo way more about the game than he possibly could. (well i dunno he does have that few months play time :? :shock: :roll: )

#3 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 14:16

Sorry Skalla, but I gotta laugh. You KNOW better than doing a battle of wits with an unarmed person :lol:

#4 gothador_nyt

gothador_nyt
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2008 - 16:33

I'm looking forward to this conversation. I love a good grilling. I brought some marinade... the Jack Daniels Marinades ROCK. I even brought some fantastic potato salad and a pie! I see that the coals are already a nice grey with that red glow in the center... this is going to be AWESOME!

:D :lol: :mrgreen:

#5 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 21:26

you got this

(increase 289 levels = 34 levs per usp/1000 ap)
(increase of 55 wisdom = +7 wisdom per usp/1000 ap)

my mage got this off layks that was the exact same level and wis as his character

high 30s lvls per usp
11-13 wis per USP

the diff was probably doublers which you can't use in that quest realm. my mage used not one mana potion the whole time. yeah i have no idea why he didn't do what you said. :roll:

"take a few billion mana potions" how much did this cost?

you can't use doublers in that quest realm you were wrong. live with it.

if you want my elf warrior can fight all 19 of your little well rounded midgets at once.

#6 numenor

numenor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 21:49

My hat's off to skalla, he's helped me power level a bunch of characters. I always trust his wisdom. He was the man when I first started years ago and still is. My friend i'll have a pint of some nice Spaten for you tonight! Cheers.

#7 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 21:56

my mage at that level had around 10000 mana points... low no doubt but it takes quite a bit to fill that up if she's on a molten mana. how much did all those mana potions cost? and don't make up stories like that 5000 lvl warrior that has all those stats on whatever vial...what was it? 8500 atk 10000AC more than 5000dmg? let us see this awesome warrior!

"i could take on the creatures easily at my "low" level, and most of my level 5000 warriors can too"

DEF - 8300-8500
DMG - 8000-10,000
AC - 3400-4000
HP 200000- 210000

i'm skeptical

these were the base stats neccesary right?
Molten Moonlight Vial -
ATK - 2,657 essential
AC - 2,645 essential
DMG - 3,698 ?
assuming 1000 base ap and hp, (1000 levels)

anyway i thought it was pretty comedic how you made up creatures your characters could take on 'easily'... no joke huh? you are either making it up or suggesting creatures your characters can take on easily which is it?

#8 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 00:18

its not fair you knwo way more about the game than he possibly could. (well i dunno he does have that few months play time :? :shock: :roll: )

i never said i knew more than he did. i said sometimes he is wrong. i also never claimed to be an expert and do not give a rats ass about proteges... if mr Skalla exhibited this behavior among real mathmaticians, scholars, or scientists he'd be laughed out of the room.

powerleveling newbs and calling them proteges? skalla should really quit now. this is funny. i was partly wrong about the pp exchanges at least i can admit it. i was the one that pointed it out even... this is silly.

#9 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:54

i never said i knew more than he did. i said sometimes he is wrong. i also never claimed to be an expert and do not give a rats ass about proteges... if mr Skalla exhibited this behavior among real mathmaticians, scholars, or scientists he'd be laughed out of the room.

powerleveling newbs and calling them proteges? skalla should really quit now. this is funny. i was partly wrong about the pp exchanges at least i can admit it. i was the one that pointed it out even... this is silly.

And you know Skalla would be laughed out of a room of educated people how?

*beats head against brick wall ... better masochistic behavior*

#10 gothador_nyt

gothador_nyt
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:08

MM: Stop it. You're going to end up only as intelligent as others around here. Keep those braincells contained within your cranium.

Skalla: Grill him. He deserves it!

Anfang: You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to the real numbers involved in this game. I suppose that you'll next say that a mage with 2k wisdom can't take down a trog in under 100 ap either, or that a person can't have an Omni in both Sorcery AND Brute force damage either. You just don't know all of the numbers of this game. These creatures that he had the idea for that got your panties in a twist, they weren't that bad... IF you've built a well-rounded character and enjoy a challenge.

This game is NOT all about how much cash you can pump in to get your numbers higher. You've got to do some planning for more than 6 months in advance. I'm sure that you're very proud of your stupidly expensive character, but when you can't smack around things that people half of your size can without having to dope yourself up on health potions or constant trips to a health shrine... you have only yourself to blame. You are the only one that made your character incapable of taking a hit or sustaining any sort of damage.

Glass jaw, much? :|

#11 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:17

for starters asking who my proteges are.... as if that mattered or made any of his arguments more or less convinving because he has proteges. calling out anyone that challenge some things they said for a show of knowledge... that would be another. no one does that. could you imagine? i am somewhat embarrassed that i even took this kind of seriously. GmbH nerfed my creature one time. he should get over it.

#12 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:23

i usually don't read anything you say but what the heck this is fun. you haven't even seen my character. you also don't know how much i spent.... so you cannot come to any accurate conclusions about it. did i not say that i would take 150000 points of damage before i had to heal up? i can kill them easily... so every thing you just said there is a complete joke as usual

sorry you wasted your time typing all that crap.

#13 gothador_nyt

gothador_nyt
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:29

Yes I know, it's a complete joke. You're brain is turning circles of delight in the fact that I typed something and placed your name on it. You can't possibly be any more thrilled.

But I can tell you, without any hesitation or even the slightest thought of my inaccuracy (because there is none) that you've dumped hundreds of dollars into your character because you want to be the best... when all you've done is show your ass and prove that your the biggest, bluntest newb in the box. You'd be better to argue with a brick wall, sweet cheeks, because all that you will do by arguing with me is amuse me and frustrate yourself.

I can also tell you that if you are whining, bishing and moaning about how "ineffective" something would be, that would be your vain attempt at trying to belittle something that you could have no chance at taking on. You've proven to be that sort of speed bump in the road of sanity, the kind that tries to show off some borrowed wiki intelligence and a fair amount of "word of the day"-isms at Dictionary.com.

Do yourself a favor... back away from the conversation, apologize to Skalla for being a board troll and go back to blowing hundreds more dollars on crap that won't matter a year from now when you lose interest and we go back to a more peaceful game. Here's the hint... you can't *win* this game. :roll:

#14 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:05

i will refrain from a pointless auto biographical statement here... it would be quite boring probably. :roll:

ach! my name is anfang i am a whino on crack that enjoys kicking puppies. when i need money i will smack old ladies around and steal their social sercurity checks to pay for my character. the old bags have coughed up 8000$ so far. i enjoy this tremendously.. anyone got a problem with that?

#15 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:22

for starters asking who my proteges are.... as if that mattered or made any of his arguments more or less convinving because he has proteges. calling out anyone that challenge some things they said for a show of knowledge... that would be another. no one does that. could you imagine? i am somewhat embarrassed that i even took this kind of seriously. GmbH nerfed my creature one time. he should get over it.

More or less convinving? *scratches head* Calling out someone who challenges him? ROFL You don't even know. Skalla and I have had some very long and very in depth conversations about everything from this game to cooking. We hit these topics from different areas, discuss and come to agreements. Sometimes we agree to disagree, but he is intelligent and has actually helped me in this game and helped me look at things from a different angle. (No I'm not admitting that out loud am I? >.>) Again I'm scratching my head here, what the hell does G have to do with this?

*looks at wall and giggles, it lost again*

#16 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:25

i usually don't read anything you say but what the heck this is fun. you haven't even seen my character. you also don't know how much i spent.... so you cannot come to any accurate conclusions about it. did i not say that i would take 150000 points of damage before i had to heal up? i can kill them easily... so every thing you just said there is a complete joke as usual

sorry you wasted your time typing all that crap.

At your level in order to have that many HP, you must be on a large vial and/or invested a very large amount of levelups into HP in which case you would have a glass jaw because you couldn't have put many into AC in order to be able to repel damage and still have enough DMG in order to kill anything in order to level.

Nyt make me stop its gonna scramble my brain. *Grabs Nyt and runs for the raspberry white chocolate swirl cheesecake*

#17 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:28

um.... what exactly is the point of this? this was supposed to be impressive no?

"anyway, you name your proteges and i'll just let mine post their own support, oh, wait a couple of them have already and mostly they seem to be double your level"

#18 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:31

At your level in order to have that many HP, you must be on a large vial and/or invested a very large amount of levelups into HP in which case you would have a glass jaw because you couldn't have put many into AC in order to be able to repel damage and still have enough DMG in order to kill anything in order to level.

molten moonlight. aren't nidhogors awesome?

also by what you said there Metalhead has a glass jaw then too. so whatever. most ACs of big characters are around 5000... mine is around 3500. i put that 1500 in hp and dmg instead. i fail to see how that makes my jaw any more glass like that any one else. some characters have like 9-12k AC and maybe 5000 hp... what are they? all the AC in the world won't help you kill a mage. oh yeah you just reminded me a mage just said i have a glass jaw... that's curious!

#19 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:38

molten moonlight. aren't nidhogors awesome?

also by what you said there Metalhead has a glass jaw then too. so whatever. most ACs of big characters are around 5000... mine is around 3500. i put that 1500 in hp and dmg instead. i fail to see how that makes my jaw any more glass like that any one else. some characters have like 9-12k AC and maybe 5000 hp... what are they? all the AC in the world won't help you kill a mage.

Strong enough to stand there and swing as others might, they can't be hit for 150,000 unless its a death blow or some such. *Backs away from the keyboard* This is Skalla's 'discussion' Not mine. I'll sit back and watch.

#20 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:46

[color=#8000FF]Strong enough to stand there and swing as others might, they can't be hit for 150,000 unless its a death blow or some such. *Backs away from the keyboard* This is Skalla's 'discussion' Not mine. I'll sit back and watch.

and a wimpy mage will flatten them like a pancake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: