22 replies to this topic

#1 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:30

Global events are usually surprise attacks, in my opinon they should be planned out and layed out to the community on a calender so we can prepare. Because they are surprise attacks we the community can't  show what we are made of :). Please tell me what you think about global events. Should they remain random or should they be planned out for all to see and prepare.

#2 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:33

Global events are usually surprise attacks, in my opinon they should be planned out and layed out to the community on a calender so we can prepare. Because they are surprise attacks we the community can't  show what we are made of :). Please tell me what you think about global events. Should they remain random or should they be planned out for all to see and prepare.

EXCELLENT IDEA! A monthly calendar would be great :) No need to surprise attack us all the time :)

Edited by bloody18, 18 February 2014 - 08:33.

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:33

There's something to be said for both random AND planned out.

Personally, I prefer random, but I'm sure others will prefer advance notice ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:35

There's something to be said for both random AND planned out.

Personally, I prefer random, but I'm sure others will prefer advance notice ...

This is supposed to be a group effort its easier with advanced planning. Having them random is very discouraging :(. I would love to prepare and have full stamina prior! Thats just how i feel i'm sure others have other feelings.

#5 perliak

perliak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Spain

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:37

I would like they were planned, then i could reserve my stam, or not, to do my best in them.

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:39

This might also get rid of the excessive time extensions we tend to recieve :P.

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:42

This is supposed to be a group effort its easier with advanced planning. Having them random is very discouraging :(. I would love to prepare and have full stamina prior! Thats just how i feel i'm sure others have other feelings.

Even if folk were given notice, there's no guarantee that they'll spend their stamina on an event ...

All previous events have been "random" and we've managed to get the top tier in 6 of them and the 2nd top tier in a further 2. So, top reward or 2nd top reward in 8 out of 10 (and at least 2nd top reward in this one) means we're coping with them being random quite well ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:46

Even if folk were given notice, there's no guarantee that they'll spend their stamina on an event ...

All previous events have been "random" and we've managed to get the top tier in 6 of them and the 2nd top tier in a further 2. So, top reward or 2nd top reward in 8 out of 10 (and at least 2nd top reward in this one) means we're coping with them being random quite well ...

Your missing the point totally...Alot of them were because the cows basically handed ruby to us. It would be nice to have a clean cut global with advanced notice you know? To see what we can really do. With them being random its really situational and based on luck. It's based on who was lucky enough to have stamina and who wasn't. It doesn't really show the true colors of the community. Having new content released after 2 months, days before the global also isn't helping the cause. Like i said with them being random its situtational and based on luck.

Edited by Intimidation, 18 February 2014 - 08:49.

#9 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:10

Typically, the community exceeds the required Ruby Tier global kills when notice is given if the pots have ummpth.

This Global Event started a week early leaving everyone unprepared.

If the globals are  both announced and random, should the community be able to "roll-over" the access kills from announced globals?

I'm looking at 3 Ruby global events with extra kills that total 4.6 million critter kills O.O
That would give the community Ruby for this surprise attack :D

Edited by WandKing, 18 February 2014 - 09:25.

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:01

This Global Event started a week early leaving everyone unprepared.

As Global Events are random, and rarely announced, I fail to see how this event was 'early'.

I really do not see a calendar of events being produced. I reckon they'll continue to be random.

#11 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:09

I really do not see a calendar of events being produced. I reckon they'll continue to be random.

heaven help you if you fall behind schedule, the masses will be at the HCS castle gates with pitchforks.

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:22

It's not just that. You lose all sorts of anticipation for when the next event might be! There's no surprises. I don't see it happening.

#13 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:43

As Global Events are random, and rarely announced, I fail to see how this event was 'early'.

Theres a great way to tell that theres a very good chance there will be one starting soon, just watch for me to burn all my stam! 

It never fails

#14 Anam Charaid

Anam Charaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 13:58

My take on Globals is that they off a chance for the players with a lot of stam to show support by doing something that will benefit smaller players who don't have a chance of getting near the top 100, yet still get a major reward.  What better PR for HCS than showing new players what the real FS Community is about?  Having this Global shortly after launching new content is only one reason why there should be a schedule of sorts.  The big players were not able to perform at their peak, thus the smaller players could possibly/probably view this as a reason to not stick around.  The game is much smaller than it was a few years ago. The seasoned players want to see growth as much as HCS. Obvioulsy we love the game or we wouldn't have been here for so long.  Still, there are high level players leaving on a regular basis. Scheduling Globals, or at least giving some kind of notice, would be a significant shot in the arm for us, and likely more money for HCS in the long run.

#15 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2014 - 14:18

I like the idea of random and keeping them the way they are. My suggestion, since these events usually require people having about 21-25k+ stamina in reserve to make the top 100, why not add one extra level for those players who don't make the top 100 to be able to earn +1 additional chest at XX kill amount with the top 100 still gaining the extra chests?

We qualify at 5,000 for Ruby, but if you added another chest at 15,000 or 17,500 kills, then that would be motivation for those players who only get the 5,000 and stop (usually I'm in that crowd because I don't have the 25k+ stamina in reserve to qualify for top 100). Would this bring in a few more chests into the game? It would, but would also help give the community some motivation to get more than the 5,000 kills for those players who don't want it (I know that we don't get ruby if people stop at 5,000, we get wherever the community gets), but that is not enough motivation for most players as these chests are just extra. 

Based on the math here, we would need 3,500 active players to hit ruby tier if they all did 5,000 kills, which we definitely don't have here in the game. However, if you have an additional "tier" level that gives +1 chest at 17,500 kills, then that drops the active players needed to hit tier (without anyone else going over that amount) to 1,000. Now if you factor in the people that want to get the top 100, which usually comes in about 30k+ for the lowest end, you'd only need about 400-650 active players (sorry was going to do the math, but don't have the time to add up the top 100 kills) to reach the goal, which is much more attainable in the time period. 

#16 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 14:26

Good grief? Why is i that anytime we come close but it appears we won't reach the ruby tier threads like this are started? Do we HAVE to attain the ruby tier each time? No. If we do not then it is our own fault. Some may have done 5000 kills and quit with stam left over. Some may not have done any kills. Whatever, the sky isn't going to fall if we fail to reach ruby.  

#17 galaxigon

galaxigon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 15:09

Think alittle more organization might be in order.....Scheduled Events, with Guild Achievements Award, might encourage more "Guild wide" participation...not much out there atm to encourage any type of organized or concerted efforts on a Guild basis...seems pretty individual to me......

GE's, on an individual basis starting to get alittle boreing...especially trying to get into the medal rounds..when u say 20 events is next medal event, when u are not counting the first 6 events....is not really a 20 event medal when u have to have 26 to reach it...

#18 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 16:29

On another related thread Hoof stated they're intending to have more frequent Globals.  If that's the case then, the increased odds should benefit everyone unless you're cursed ;-)  *tosses salt over her shoulder* 

HCS let us fail to get Ruby this time and I think that's fair.  It's been gracious that they've extended the time in the past, but the Crystal Boxes do have level 400 potions, so not exactly kibble.  Perhaps those who didn't do as much this time will put a bit more effort next time.

I know I've been a little frustrated by the "surprise attacks", but I shrug it off and remember - oh yeah, it's a game :)

#19 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 17:09

IMHO this event is not fair. If I burn my whole stamina to kill those creatures I get no money and no leveling. After the four days burning about 7000 stamina I can get 5000 kills (using global booster) if for each step I find a creature. So I am able to get the chests. But why do I need a chest with something I can buy from buffmarket, direct from a player or AH with the money I get from killing other creatures?

Also, why the top killers get 2 or 3 chests with better potions if I did the same effort? The bonus for killing more creatures should be only a better chest. So, my killings will help unlock a chest for the players who have a lot of stamina.

Does not seem fair to me. So, in the middle of the event I decided to quit killing those mosquitos and keep killing the creatures that give me money and allow me to level up. After all, those potions are not really interesting. If we can sell those chests, then could be a good deal, but keeping potions I do not even need?

I have participated in other events like that but I realized that these events are not for all players. I think if every player do the math then maybe they realize that only some players take advantage of the event.

dilbert-input.png?resize=538%2C241

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 18:38

Good grief? Why is i that anytime we come close but it appears we won't reach the ruby tier threads like this are started? Do we HAVE to attain the ruby tier each time? No. If we do not then it is our own fault. Some may have done 5000 kills and quit with stam left over. Some may not have done any kills. Whatever, the sky isn't going to fall if we fail to reach ruby.  

I don't think anyone mentioned reaching ruby or not this event. We are merely talking mechanics sir.

Edited by Intimidation, 18 February 2014 - 18:39.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: