AttorraRu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2012 - 16:14

Hiya guys. I have a picture for my main character which unfortuately was done a long time ago. I do not have the orginal stocks or an editable version for it. It was done by some-one I no longer wish to contact, yet i really like the final picture. The text on it is however wrong. The name should be spelt AttorraRu. If I post up the picture can some-one have a look at it and see if they can fix it please?

Also I have no idea where this person got the orginal stock used to make it from, if it turns out that she "stole" it, she's done this in the past, would you please tell me so that I can remove it, as I feel stealing artwork is very very wrong.

Thank you in advance. Also can you tell me how much you would charge for doing this?

Posted Image

Sig16avi703-Ru2_zps6167231b.png by Zeder

"Surrender is NOT an option" - Tamra Dragonstar - Lord Command of the Dnulian Army. (Queen)

#2 athdenald

athdenald

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 16:26

I can probably fix it, I'll have a go now.

No charge for it since it shouldn't take long.

I assume the picture above is the one you want the name editing on?

#3 AttorraRu

AttorraRu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2012 - 16:47

yeah, the one with her two forms, cheers.

"Surrender is NOT an option" - Tamra Dragonstar - Lord Command of the Dnulian Army. (Queen)

#4 athdenald

athdenald

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 17:02

Like this?

Posted Image

Let me know if I've misunderstood and I'll try again.

#5 AttorraRu

AttorraRu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2012 - 17:21

That's perfect, THANK you so much

#6 athdenald

athdenald

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 17:27

No problem :)

#7 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:16

Also I have no idea where this person got the orginal stock used to make it from, if it turns out that she "stole" it, she's done this in the past, would you please tell me so that I can remove it, as I feel stealing artwork is very very wrong.

Both pieces are art work by Linda Tso

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#8 AttorraRu

AttorraRu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:38

Thanks CQ, it confirms my suspions about the person that did the orginal "work" for me. I will remove it from my collection, thanks for fixing it Athdenald, but it would now be wrong of me to keep it. Unless it can be re-modelled using that pic as a stock. I hate the idea of stealing. Either that or a completely new avitar for her in the same style as that picture, though I'd have to save up a few FSP before cormissioning that.

#9 athdenald

athdenald

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:46

Hi AttorraRu, I thought it was widely accepted that most of the "art" we produced was merely manipulations of others work. Obviously there are exceptions but even making drastic changes doesn't make the work our own per se.

I don't think there is anything wrong with sticking some text on it as your artist did, and you using it, providing neither they, nor you, are claiming the work as your own.

I could make it more unique for you if you wished and redo the whole piece? They'd be no charge since I need the practice :P

Let me know.

#10 athdenald

athdenald

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:28

Something more like this perhaps? I've left the text in the same place since it has no meaning to me, I wasn't sure what order it may have gone in.

Yours -
Posted Image

Remade version of yours -
Posted Image

#11 fs_faint

fs_faint
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 23:12

Something more like this perhaps? I've left the text in the same place since it has no meaning to me, I wasn't sure what order it may have gone in.

Yours -
Posted Image

Remade version of yours -
Posted Image

Beast :D

#12 AttorraRu

AttorraRu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2012 - 23:31

You've made a girl very happy, Thank you so so much. You actually made me cry with happiness.

#13 Sustortias

Sustortias

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:31

Went a slightly diff route on from ath, being as it was still floating out there.

Posted Image

free of course - just in case ^^

Ignition_Honda_410x200_zps03cc040c.png

#14 fs_kglassie

fs_kglassie
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:48

Wow...how the heck do you guys work with images that are all text stained...trade secrets?
...giggles...

#15 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:51

Wow...how the heck do you guys work with images that are all text stained...trade secrets?
...giggles...

Content aware fill <3

#16 zerovaldesca

zerovaldesca

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:16

...giggles...

Content aware fill <3

Ive never used it before. I usually just clone stamp the crap out of an image.

#17 MyCurse

MyCurse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:20

...giggles...

Content aware fill <3

Yep..content aware works better in actual photographs though, if you want to remove unwanted elements. Both rely on the same principles though, identifying and copying the background pattern.

#18 Sustortias

Sustortias

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:06

...giggles...

Content aware fill <3

I prefer the more manual approach too. I still have the older version of PS; it does me for what I need. Masks and curves, blendmodes & layer filters, I do enjoy that side of gfx tremendously, A bit like a cook, always trying to mix up a new dish with a mix of ingredients, sometimes it takes longer but it's always a challenge or should be; which is what it's all about, always trying to improve.
I think if we're not making mistakes sometimes we're not learning anything new.
Props to Ath though on replacing the entire text so well, and also joining up that middle section, ftw!

Ignition_Honda_410x200_zps03cc040c.png

#19 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:46

ayiyi, you could have saved time by googling 'Linda Tso' instead of clone stamping to get rid of the words. Original untexted raped versions. :lol:

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#20 AttorraRu

AttorraRu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:01

Went a slightly diff route on from ath, being as it was still floating out there.

Posted Image

free of course - just in case ^^

Thank you very much. I love both versions. Can't believe how happy you both have made me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: