RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 27 January 2009 - 15:11

I know there are alot of posts both for and against for intensifier stims, so I'm not gonna make this (too) long.
Simply put, SigmaStorm is great, very well designed and challenging. However, because as you increase your level it becomes even more challenging, it takes a longer amount of time to play. I am a casual gamer and of late cant find the time required to spend my energy (to totally spend my energy, it takes just over 2 hours). Since i only have about 45min a day that I can give to online gaiming, I'm starting to play SigmaStorm less and less and as a consequence of this I'm starting to lose interest in the game.

So I would ask HCS that if they could introduce intensifier stims it would be great, but I am aware that this isnt as simple as it seems because it would interfere with the gameplay at the moment. It would affect how often we need to repair. Repairing is a necessary sink and maybe to combat this you could have the stipulation that by using intensifier, your equipment also gets damaged quicker.

Also, as a gold sink, I think HCS should put these intensifiers on the special section in the trade hub. A X3 intensifier would be nice here, starting price of about 10k credits would be appropriate.
If people (or indeed HCS) would prefer we the players make the stims, I think they should be X2 and bound, otherwise instead of creating a sink, you would have an elite few who would create large amounts of stims and then monopolise the market, thus defeating the point of the sink element to them.

As a final note, this is not an "I want what i want now" thread, and I would appreciate anyone who comments (if you feel the need to) to be respectful of this and not to flame HCS. SigmaStorm is a great game and the amount of time and dedication HCS put into it is clearly evident and beautifully presented to us, the gamers. I would like to say how enjoyable it is and hope you guys keep up the good work and know how much we appreciate it. My post is purely meant as a suggestion, so that the casual gamer like myself can fully enjoy the game with the limited amount of time a day we can spend online.

#2 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 16:34

I can state that at least 2 of my faction mates are not playing SS2 anymore until the intensifier is released. One of them is a major donor in "that other game". I think HCS is losing massive amounts of business by not having this in the game.

I can say that I won't upgrade my max energy without it being a reliable part of the game because I already can't get through my max in a quick sitting very reliably. So, I have no need to donate to the game because I don't need to upgrade my char anymore. This obviously impacts the credit/fc exchange rate from both sides.

I know it's work to introduce stims. BG has said he doesn't want to just release 1 stim but maybe it would be smart to do it. Getting this stim out now instead of waiting for a more "complete" release of stims might relieve a lot of pressure in a lot of areas in this game. Put out a 2x intensifier stim with 5-10k credit min bid and put a lot of them out (potentially thousands in the first day). This would give credits a way to be spent (helping one sore point people have) and encourage donations to upgrade chars (helping same sore point from other side).

#3 ss_pissfer

ss_pissfer
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2009 - 17:58

I think if they are put up to bid however, they need to have levels placed on them so that only level x - level y players can bid on them - that way the rich players don't buy every single one of them that are out there

#4 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 18:29

*thumbs up* we totally need a x2 intensifier stim

the constant walk back to the repair shop is quite annoying and not fun at all. *shakes fist at level 38*

plus FCs will continue to rise because there is nothing that important to spend credits on.

#5 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 19:44

I think if they are put up to bid however, they need to have levels placed on them so that only level x - level y players can bid on them - that way the rich players don't buy every single one of them that are out there

Trust me, you want these "rich players" to outbid each other for the intensifier stims. Really, really want them to do it.

#6 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 27 January 2009 - 19:47

Trust me, you want these "rich players" to outbid each other for the intensifier stims. Really, really want them to do it.

I agree, we need the sink, otherwise the inflation will just continue to grow in the FC market. With a cap in place, people will just use the intensifier stim to gain more gold by spending more energy and thus create more gold, worsening the problem of inflation rather than the helping it.

#7 ss_pissfer

ss_pissfer
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2009 - 00:17

Actually, this would force the rich players to outbid each other. This would mean that for those rich players there would be fewer stims, which means a lot more bidding on their behalf because fewer stims means fewer winners, and fewer winners means that more of them can outbid each other for the few that there are. As much as we want it for a credit sink, it's just as important that lower level players have a chance to feel included in the game, and this is one of those things that would not do that if this was not implemented.
And if you don't want lower level players to have a chance, well, I don't know, but if they don't have a chance now, when will they ever?

#8 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:55

Actually, this would force the rich players to outbid each other. This would mean that for those rich players there would be fewer stims, which means a lot more bidding on their behalf because fewer stims means fewer winners, and fewer winners means that more of them can outbid each other for the few that there are. As much as we want it for a credit sink, it's just as important that lower level players have a chance to feel included in the game, and this is one of those things that would not do that if this was not implemented.
And if you don't want lower level players to have a chance, well, I don't know, but if they don't have a chance now, when will they ever?

If they have level-bounded auctions it is the beginning of the end for this game. Yes, those with more resources can buy things those with less resources can't. But, you only need 1 stim per training session. For those that don't want to pay what it costs to get a stim, they benefit from lower fc prices since creds finally have a value. If you are a level 15 player what helps you more? An intensifier stim at a lower price (maybe - I mean, there are rich low level players too) or fc prices considerably lower? To me this is a no-brainer. The highest level players will pay the most for the intensifier stims and if done properly (with some other credit sinks) the fc market will lower considerably. This is a major benefit to all the "poor" players.

#9 ss_pissfer

ss_pissfer
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:03

I don't think this'll lower the fc market anyways - slow it, maybe, but not lower it.

#10 ss_aquamew

ss_aquamew
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 23:22

HCS has already stated that they wont be coming out with an intensifier stim for quite some time...

#11 ss_squoof

ss_squoof
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 23:26

errrrrrrrrrrr, you guys/gals make me want to slam my head in a door over and over. I just wish people would, I don't know, read before they post. I am trying to be nice i really am. I have said this over and over in the same thread that has been posted over and over. I am going to put it in bold to show importance There are only 60 levels! no need for these yet, yes someday there will be but since i only have 500 energy I am level 59 there is no need for them yet. If I can play this game with only 500 energy and still keep up with the new content why should they worry about doing this. You are just too use to FS. Where they have spoon feed you and spoiled you to death. Yes you may have to work at the game for a while but you will get there.

#12 ss_aquamew

ss_aquamew
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 23:29

If you want to read where they said that they will not be making it for quite some time... clicky the link in my sig... uggh... like Squoof and Hoofmaster say, It is UNEEDED!

#13 ss_mason17418

ss_mason17418
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 23:38

cool!100th viewer!

#14 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 29 January 2009 - 23:44

HCS has already stated that they wont be coming out with an intensifier stim for quite some time...

Actually i think BigGrims last post on the topic was to be patient on the issue. I know before christmas HCS said it wouldnt be coming out for quite some time, but with the amount of people that seem to be going inactive and no longer contributing mone to the game, things might have changed.

Plus there's no harm in asking and the worst that could happen is they say no ;-)

#15 ss_aquamew

ss_aquamew
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 23:52

Well the thing that irritates me is that people stick to 5000 topics about the same stupid unneeded thing.... yes, things may change, but you realize HCS has more than just FS and SS2 that they work on? Some people have been waiting for Eldevin since the announce of it being started... over 2 years ago, you realize this, right?

#16 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 30 January 2009 - 00:27

course i do, and i chose to create a new post purely because if i posted under one of those already made, it would sound as if i were agreeing with all those who chose to rant and critisize and be generally ungrateful even though HCS are doing the best they can.
Thats not what I want, as i said in the initial post.

I really like this game, which shows since i contributed to it. However I find that its becoming increasingly time consuming to play which is having a negative impact on the game . I dont have the kind of time to dedicate to the game because real life comes first . I fully understand that this is a selfish reason to ask for an intensifier stim to be introduced, but the simple fact is that i cant spend all my stamina in a day because i dont have the time required to do so. I know it was my own choice to contribute and alot of people will simply reply withh "i only have <1000 energy and havent needed to contribute" and thats fine, i felt that way for FS so i understand it. Im simpy looking for intensifier because at the moment the game is a chore to spend, not an enjoyment, and i find this a great pity since it is a great game.

#17 ss_doomhammer

ss_doomhammer
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:26

I agree, we need the sink, otherwise the inflation will just continue to grow in the FC market. With a cap in place, people will just use the intensifier stim to gain more gold by spending more energy and thus create more gold, worsening the problem of inflation rather than the helping it.

actually it might help with the inflation problem because people will sell there fc for credits in the market to buy intensifiers

#18 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:07

Well the thing that irritates me is that people stick to 5000 topics about the same stupid unneeded thing.... yes, things may change, but you realize HCS has more than just FS and SS2 that they work on? Some people have been waiting for Eldevin since the announce of it being started... over 2 years ago, you realize this, right?

But, see... they asked me for money to play THIS game. I didn't donate to this game so that eldevin could be on schedule. I donated to this game to keep this game advancing. I don't expect instant results on stuff. But posts like this that say they are busy on other things are useless. They brought this game "to market". The asked for "donations". We ask for the game to have content at a reasonable pace and to fix problems we have with the game. Not having intensifier stims is costing HCS players and donations in this game. At some point (not too far away) these player losses will be permanent.

#19 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 02 February 2009 - 19:14

errrrrrrrrrrr, you guys/gals make me want to slam my head in a door over and over. I just wish people would, I don't know, read before they post. I am trying to be nice i really am. I have said this over and over in the same thread that has been posted over and over. I am going to put it in bold to show importance There are only 60 levels! no need for these yet, yes someday there will be but since i only have 500 energy I am level 59 there is no need for them yet. If I can play this game with only 500 energy and still keep up with the new content why should they worry about doing this. You are just too use to FS. Where they have spoon feed you and spoiled you to death. Yes you may have to work at the game for a while but you will get there.

Some of us decided to contribute to both HCS and the games development by donating to the game to improve our characters.
Those of us that did, find that now we cant really make the most efficient use of our characters or dont have the amount of time required to use our max potential. Intensifier would reduce the amount of time needed to play and hence allow us to use this potential.

That you only have 500 energy shows that you dont understand why we ask for intensifier and make most of your argument irrelevant

#20 ss_squoof

ss_squoof
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:13

Really, how do you mean. I have 500 energy and I am in the top 240 players. So if i can keep up with the new maps with out having 1000 or more energy and with out the x2 buff. Then why would something be needed to help level faster? I like the fact that when i get to the last map, there isn't 200,000 people in the map trying to get the new sets. All the buff will do is cause that to happen. Then we would be complaining about that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: