BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2011 - 16:03

Hi there Everyone.

The Sigma News network has received worrying reports of two new 'Hunter Killers' prowling across the face of Sigma! They are designated as follows!

Juggernaut X10 (HK)
Posted Image

Juggernaut X10 was built by the TIU special weapons division purely as a multi purpose killing machine. One of 20 units, all of these battle robots malfunctioned mysteriously and went on the rampage over Tilgon City. All but one were confirmed destroyed by the TIU forces sent to stop them. Juggernaut X10 was the only one to escape. X10 appears to have learned to adapt and as such, it continues its bloody rampage over the surface of Sigma.

Recommended Level: 280+

Sertina the Huntress (HK)
Posted Image

Sertina is a mercenary extraordinaire trained to fight in all environments and with most kinds of weapons although she prefers her custom blastrifle. She has been sent to Sigma by an unknown employer, perhaps a gangster or alien criminal with a grudge against the peoples of the planet. Sertina is utterly ruthless in her mission, killing any who come across her.

Recommended Level: 350+

Both are to be considered armed to the teeth and supremely dangerous! They have been seen all over the world.

Be wary of them appearing!

Signing off,

The Sigma News Network!

#2 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 16:08

Was hoping these would come with missions or storyline....

I understand the pressures that seem to have re-erupted. A race to get stuff while we get a burst of attention isn't what I am looking for personally. I would have been more than happy with an announcement that next content would have added missions that included a couple new HK....

Will look forward to the sets as the 190 lasted 150 levels so the 350 might be worth pursuing even for EoC players.

Edit: I just realized that these are "found all over the world". Are these then SE and not HK?

#3 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2011 - 16:25

very nice, dont know how good what they drop is but regardless i love the art on these :D

#4 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 16:25

Hello Forum and HCS!

THANK YOU BROS! :D

sincerely :evil:
majar :mrgreen:

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2011 - 16:31

I just realized that these are "found all over the world". Are these then SE and not HK?

These are SE/HK power level creatures who are spawned across the world. Not attached to missions and drop items (at least this two drop items. Future ones I think might drop Resources & Recipes). The idea is to get lower players being able to call out that they have a location, similar to Sword.

Anything that can help a bit with player interaction should be good, yes?

#6 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 16:35

I just realized that these are "found all over the world". Are these then SE and not HK?

These are SE/HK power level creatures who are spawned across the world. Not attached to missions and drop items (at least this two drop items. Future ones I think might drop Resources & Recipes). The idea is to get lower players being able to call out that they have a location, similar to Sword.

Anything that can help a bit with player interaction should be good, yes?

I'm all for the low-to-high trade. Not sure how much low activity there is to find these atm (unfortunately). Was confirming if these were SE or HK because hunting the world for HK resource drop would be a waste whereas hunting for a drop might make sense.

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2011 - 16:42

I'm all for the low-to-high trade. Not sure how much low activity there is to find these atm (unfortunately). Was confirming if these were SE or HK because hunting the world for HK resource drop would be a waste whereas hunting for a drop might make sense.

These ones do drop items. Possible future ones maybe a resource and/or part. Low to high is something we want to build upon.

#8 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2011 - 16:45

biggrim can you add Towering Targon (SE) and Monolithic Sorkath (SE) to the official guide ?

#9 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 16:46

Hi biggrim and forum!

it is a nice change to have gear drop instead of resources.
one thing I dont get is, does it drop different items for different class sets? Or is it a core HK?
Does anyone know yet?

:lol:

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2011 - 16:48

biggrim can you add Towering Targon (SE) and Monolithic Sorkath (SE) to the official guide ?

Sure thing.

one thing I dont get is, does it drop different items for different class sets? Or is it a core HK?

Who knows? ;)

#11 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 16:55

Sure thing.

Um...could you also add these two new HK's to the Official Guide?

Or are they to be a surprise a little while longer?

#12 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 17:00

Oh, and...awesome update!

Not only should this increase low-to-high interaction, but it should also revive the Sigma Box back from the dead.

And I know there's some gaps in gear stats after lvl 280 for Mutants (Varkaz made a thread about it), so hopefully the 280 HK has a drop that helps? Maybe?

Who knows? But I'm anxious to find out.

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2011 - 17:00

Or are they to be a surprise a little while longer?

A wee while longer. They are brand new after all.

#14 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2011 - 19:08

Just a quick note to say we've also got some game code improvements coming soon and an improved design for the forum :)

#15 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 19:25

Why are these being called HK's instead of SE's, To find out they drop items instead of resources for a six piece set actually makes this news a massive disappointment especially after the demand for new HK sets and I'm sure many others feel this way so at least change them to SE's to save confusion between the 2.

#16 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 19:49

Why are these being called HK's instead of SE's, To find out they drop items instead of resources for a six piece set actually makes this news a massive disappointment especially after the demand for new HK sets and I'm sure many others feel this way so at least change them to SE's to save confusion between the 2.

Yup. They're SE as I tried to figure out from first post on. 2 more weapons? I guess we'll find out.

#17 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2011 - 20:15

[color=#FFFF00]Hi there Everyone.

The Sigma News network has received worrying reports of two new 'Hunter Killers' prowling across the face of Sigma! They are designated as follows!

Both are to be considered armed to the teeth and supremely dangerous! They have been seen all over the world.

Have to echo Ecolitans initial statement about these ... These are more SE's (a direct clone from FS, that we were told wasn't going to happen - that SS2 wasn't FS in "space" - and that did happen with the first two SE's - and now happened again). An HK is the end of a long and fun mission, in fixed locations that are in very close proximity to each other, and a set that there is competition to FARM.

These "HK's" are a way for low to high trading (which is good), but they are Super Elites. Can we keep HK's as following the L190 format, and just rebadge these two as additional SE's please. Keep some game consistancy ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#18 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 21:14

Have to agree with the above posters, this is nothing like what had been asked for.

Copnsidering these 'HK' wandering around the whole of SS2, waiting for a low level to blunder into it, then, hopefully, have some FC to go post his find, for some higher level to be online, watching the shoutbox, and sitting with a squad, to go kill it, what's the likelihood of that, and what kind of entertainment for most players?

What was asked for is activity, the kind you get with proper HK's, spawning in a few areas, having to be located every hour, killed while in competition with other players, and be farmed for a long time to get enough drops to make sets, and in most cases involving factions to do so.

I just don't understand this sheer obstinacy to refuse to use the ONE thing that exists here that everybody appreciates, and has been clamoring for for months, and instead go and throw some unworkable, un-thought-out new thing into the game which gives what no one wants, loose items. If they are weapons to boot, like so many of the drops have been, they will basically also be unused by any purists.

Why is it so difficult to use the features that make SS2 unique, and keep the player base interested ???

#19 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 22:14

Question: What were the best 2 content sets in the whole game?

Answer: The Sharona Quests leading to the HK at 100 and the Spearhead Quests leading to killing the Guardian of the Bridge.

Everything had a place, the final challenge was tough and competitive against fellow players, and the sets were excellent. Why can't we have a well thought out piece of content like this again? Low>High trading only works if there is an incentive for high levels to want what low levels are offering - this is unlikely to fill that gap.

By the way, as a soldier I'll be annoyed if this gear is core only - our whole class is based around Battlesuit items and it's next to impossible to use a core weapon effectively. You'll rule out all of us if the drop is unusable and I doubt we are unique.

-1 to this update as it stands.

#20 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 29 June 2011 - 00:21

can we have our logs extended to atleast twice what they are now? - even an extra day longer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: