what do everyone think hotkeys for combat

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 ss_jpshadow

ss_jpshadow
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:03

i dont know if someone already started this topic but im too lasy to look.

anyways there is combat hot for fallensword i think it would be a really great idea for hotkeys in SS2.

i mean HCS already got hotkeys for leaving battle but why not starting the battle it would be alot better then having to click on the combat button everytime and not to mention that sometime you click on the group battle button when fighting normal monsters and that is just a waste.

so what does everyone think do we need hotkeys for combat or not.

#2 ss_maxxpower

ss_maxxpower
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:08

Hotkeys rule! FS has a good setup, and it works with my mac on firefox!!!!

#3 ss_skennedy86

ss_skennedy86
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:11

Hot keys are helpful when speed hunting but when you think about it they would lead to you dying more. This method does slow you down greatly. The group button being right next to the plain combat button is driving me crazy though... I can not tell you how many hook toads i have killed so far with groups. ARGH!

#4 ss_jpshadow

ss_jpshadow
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:15

true but with hotkeys no more wasted stamina on the hooktoads see with no hotkeys for combat and you press the group button you just wasted 20 points of stamins and your guildmates stamina and in SS2 stamina means alot cause you cant repair anytime and you need to go get healed.

But spread the word about my poll im trying to start a really good idea ^_^

#5 ss_tmrv

ss_tmrv
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:00

The only problem, because it's an idea imported from FS, is the HP. In this one the HP is counting down for each hit and it isn't reseted for the next fight. But still very good idea

#6 ss_jpshadow

ss_jpshadow
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:12

oh could be keep this bumped i want everyone to get a chance to vote =)

#7 ss_badjoe99

ss_badjoe99
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:26

The already existing hotkeys we have are these :

Q = North-West
W = North
E = North-East
A = West
D = East
Z = South-West
X = South
C = South-East
R = Repair
G = Squad Group
B = Manage Backpack

Why not add these hotkeys :

S = Enter Shop/Realm/etc....
M = Quick Buff menu
N = World Map menu
L = Heal (while in the healing pyramid/similar to repair)
1-8 = Attacking entity in position 1-8 (Excluding Champions and Elites)
T = Initiate Squad Group attack on entity

What you all think ?

#8 ss_jpshadow

ss_jpshadow
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:09

wow nice work with the organising

but yea that is perfect i mean going back from mouse to keyboard is dumb i mean we type with the keyboard and over half of the keys that we can use are already in hot keys so why not but all them in the hot keys and also HCS should give all players a choise of keyboard or mouse and also some people with labtops dont have mouses so that is unfair to them you know.

but that is a perfect example for a great hotkey set up thanks for a great example badjoe99

#9 ss_badjoe99

ss_badjoe99
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:22

Ya I like to use keyboards more then I like to use mouse. Also I added T hotkey in my previous post.

#10 ss_jpshadow

ss_jpshadow
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:32

nice work...

lets see if HCS can add some more hotkeys for the keyboard.

lets keep this bumped everyone i want everyone to vote =D

#11 ss_rantul

ss_rantul
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 13:24

I definitely think there should be hotkeys. And I don't think people will die that much more often, I mean seriously, it's not that hard to hit just 1 hotkey.

Personally I thrive on hotkeys. I work on the computer and every program I use I make a point to use as many hotkeys as possible—it saves loads of time!

#12 ss_tashacosta

ss_tashacosta
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 15:48

I just would like to register a WT...Heck on the arrangement of the directional navigation hotkeys. I have a teeeeny little laptop keyboard and the keys aren't organized quite the way they would normally be (squished together differently) so I have to think entirely too hard to move around using them. It's actually easier to use my horrid touchpad. Can I ask why arrows are uncool for movement's sake?

I would like to be able to use hotkeys for attacking because of said touchpad, though - using that thing to try to kill things is hard. :( I like SS2 and would like to keep playing it but ATM it's too time-consuming because of the restriction on kills. Stupid touchpad.....

#13 ss_rosebud124

ss_rosebud124
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 16:26

The already existing hotkeys we have are these :

Q = North-West
W = North
E = North-East
A = West
D = East
Z = South-West
X = South
C = South-East
R = Repair
G = Squad Group
B = Manage Backpack

Why not add these hotkeys :

S = Enter Shop/Realm/etc....
M = Quick Buff menu
N = World Map menu
L = Heal (while in the healing pyramid/similar to repair)
1-8 = Attacking entity in position 1-8 (Excluding Champions and Elites)
T = Initiate Squad Group attack on entity

What you all think ?

i like your hotkeys :mrgreen:

but maybe we should have those actions but we choose the key :idea:

#14 ss_thomas840

ss_thomas840
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 18:11

this definately is a great idea. not sure about any1 else but most of the time the attack button is just off the right of my screen causing me to have to scroll over and that is so annoying when you have to do it over and over. there are no negatives to this idea that i can see so why not. if you dont like to use them then you dont have to :twisted:

#15 ss_thomas840

ss_thomas840
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 18:15

Hot keys are helpful when speed hunting but when you think about it they would lead to you dying more. This method does slow you down greatly. The group button being right next to the plain combat button is driving me crazy though... I can not tell you how many hook toads i have killed so far with groups. ARGH!

how could this possibly lead to dying more. you still have to watch youe hp and stats no matter how you attack. this post makes no sense

#16 ss_mno94

ss_mno94
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 18:32

definately hotkeys 4 eva :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :ugeek: :geek: :mrgreen: :| :arrow: :idea: :?: :!: :D :D

#17 ss_badjoe99

ss_badjoe99
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 18:39

how could this possibly lead to dying more. you still have to watch youe hp and stats no matter how you attack. this post makes no sense

Ya I too am puzzled by his post =/ , we can speed hunt but that doesn't mean we can be careless. After all faster hunt = faster durability loss and that is one of the duty for all players to watch out for.....If a player dies often then it's his/her fault for not paying attention to his/her status.

#18 Onemanmob

Onemanmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 19:04

I voted yes. 8-)

#19 ss_rosebud124

ss_rosebud124
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2008 - 20:52

Ya I too am puzzled by his post =/ , we can speed hunt but that doesn't mean we can be careless. After all faster hunt = faster durability loss and that is one of the duty for all players to watch out for.....If a player dies often then it's his/her fault for not paying attention to his/her status.

i have been trying to tell people that since day one. i am glad that more people finaly see hoteys in the usefull way i see them.

#20 doa4life

doa4life

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2008 - 21:16

If your talking about adding number keys to hunt creeps then the answer would be NO. THis is not FS and should not be added, its too damn easy to die already in this game, this would just further that and cause headaches. A hotkey for everything but hunting though could be added, however to hunt you should always at least have to work (click) for the kill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: