87 replies to this topic

#1 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 18:41

It seems to me, COWS do not release new content unless we complain a lot about it.. :lol: so, New content, New content LOL

#2 ss_ecofrog

ss_ecofrog
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 18:43

atm i think they should take all the time in the world mabey another 43 days would suit me fine

#3 Wolfdog5

Wolfdog5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 18:46

ecofrog you are #1 in the game right now and if the release you will have to catch back up...

#4 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 18:47

you want your medal. don't you? LOL

#5 ss_altare

ss_altare
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 18:53

43 days where'd you pull that number from? lol

#6 ss_ecofrog

ss_ecofrog
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 19:01

i'm pretty sure that's how long till no1 gold medal nto gonna go after crystal that'd jsut be showing off + i'm quite sure luedog would never let me stay here that long

#7 ss_barmuka

ss_barmuka
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2009 - 13:22

I agree. bring on the content please. I am sublvling my eyes out(no not really lol) But i feel for those who sublvld past 2 lvls over. i wouldnt make it to 113 without new content :/

#8 ss_atheroma

ss_atheroma
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2009 - 16:07

I'm sure they are going as fast as they can. Patience is a virtue, so it's said.
Anyway, what's the rush?

#9 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 16:11

as i near level 110 i note hooftest has only reached 111

#10 ss_barmuka

ss_barmuka
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2009 - 23:31

as i near level 110 i note hooftest has only reached 111

Ouch :( this means they dont even have it done enough to start testing it. and the rush Atherona as there are so many people sublvling now :(

#11 dylune

dylune

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 23:27

Anyway, what's the rush?

When people reach the end of content, there's something to do for a cuple days: hunt elites, finish all missions, do some PvP....
After that, players lose interest and will not be that active, until they find many more levels to explore and DO things...
The MAIN purpose of the game is that: Distract, entertain, to be fun.... When you run out of things to do, you're more likely to find a new way to spend some free time.... :roll:

#12 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 May 2009 - 23:29

like how I signed up for 2 other mmorpgs today...................................................................................

#13 ss_barmuka

ss_barmuka
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 00:00

like how I signed up for 2 other mmorpgs today...................................................................................

Or how i redownloaded a game that my laptop can barely support. just to pass the time. It still doesnt help much though since i still will sublvl and everything else. I just wanna know. how many people are going to be 113/114/115 when content comes. i mean i guess it would be cool either way since you just finish the missions and keep running thru.

#14 ss_taliesin

ss_taliesin
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:43

Ah I rather like the laid back style of this game right now. As i'm sure do many others. I work for a living, have a wife and other responsibilities also, so I don't spend 16+ hours a day online regardless.

What games acidic? :-P

I downloaded an old Playstation game yesterday and got it hooked up to an emulator, going to have great fun replaying that game from my teenage years haha. There's always something to do with your time, just have to find it.

#15 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:17

What games acidic? :-P

HA!

I won't be getting suspended again TYVM!

#16 ss_taliesin

ss_taliesin
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:02

Haha yeah fair call. But if they don't want players going to and talking about other games they should just get new content out quicker. ;-)

Speaking of which, when can we expect new content? :-D

#17 ss_bagavond

ss_bagavond
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:21

New content will be here when it is ready :lol: and not a moment sooner so... i was wondering.... when is that moment gonna be?

#18 ss_kylereese

ss_kylereese
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:14

Ah I rather like the laid back style of this game right now. As i'm sure do many others. I work for a living, have a wife and other responsibilities also, so I don't spend 16+ hours a day online regardless.

I have to ditto that. In fallen sword I have to get buffed with all the king's horses and all the king's men and a few taster's choice buffs after that before I can even start hunting. In sigma I can start almost as soon as I get here, which is a very pleasant difference when you just don't have the time. I'm not exactly in a hurry to get to the point where that all changes.

As far as new content is concerned?... The fact that I can take that one hour I play every 2 days or so and turn it into end content with time to spare(and no energy gain) is really working for me I must admit. But I think my ability to keep up with content is very telling of HCS' commitment to this game....... in a good way. You see.. I don't think the cows have any intention of serving up 10 levels of good content, only to turn around and give everyone a pile of mush with an elite at the end just so all the early birds have a worm to catch. It just wouldn't make for a very good game if the developers for it were rushing around trying to create new content as fast as the top 50's speedy little feet could go. Not only would the game lose continuity, but it would most definitely lose it's creativity as well. That's not the kind of game they're trying to make, and that's not the game I'm here to play.

#19 ss_barmuka

ss_barmuka
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:53

I have to ditto that. In fallen sword I have to get buffed with all the king's horses and all the king's men and a few taster's choice buffs after that before I can even start hunting. In sigma I can start almost as soon as I get here, which is a very pleasant difference when you just don't have the time. I'm not exactly in a hurry to get to the point where that all changes.

As far as new content is concerned?... The fact that I can take that one hour I play every 2 days or so and turn it into end content with time to spare(and no energy gain) is really working for me I must admit. But I think my ability to keep up with content is very telling of HCS' commitment to this game....... in a good way. You see, I don't think the cows have any intention of serving up 9 levels of good content, only to turn around and give everyone a pile of mush with an elite at the end just so all the early birds have a worm to catch. It just wouldn't make for a very good game if the developers for it were rushing around trying to create new content as fast as the top 50's speedy little feet could go. Not only would the game lose continuity, but it would most definitely lose it's creativity as well. That's not the kind of game they're trying to make, and that's not the game I'm here to play.

This may be true. I can also tell that others near the top are taking breaks from doing anything. I have 0 +energy gain myself as well. I do however have quite a bit of xp gain. I not only keep up with content but as far as the top is concerned i went from being a top 250 player with 1 day to spare for content releases to being a top 120 week-10 days(or more) to spare player. Maybe I am just not used to being this close to the top. All i can say is in the past 3 days i have jumped another 25 slots in rankings.

I tried elite hunting to pass the time but....after going 0/12 or something like that it turned out to not be much fun. that and the sets/gear isnt worth making. therefore i will not participate in this. Until they make the elite items have some kind of advantage (i.e. same stats as best core pieces during those 10 lvls+ some kind of bonus say elite hunter from FS) then i dont need elite gear. i might switch my skillpoints out and leave just 1 in the unique DNA and just use the rad blades...

I guess another 2+ days for content if this week at all

#20 ss_kylereese

ss_kylereese
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:46

Hey there barmuka. Even though my faction isn't really in the position to be making elite sets, I have to totally agree with you here. As far as I can tell, the most powerful thing about elite sets is their ability to make you spend skill points you could (and probably should) be using elsewhere. I also have to agree we've been waiting longer between content releases. I would usually have sub-leveled about 1 level deep before the new stuff got released and now it seems I will be at least 3 levels in before that happens.

However, I still feel we are benefiting from that in ways we may never know about. The faster they send content through the content-O-matic the more likely it is to be thin, flimsy and boring when it comes out the other side. I'm pretty sure neither one of us signed on for a game exhibiting any one of those traits.

Of course if they could always come up with new, interesting, and full content every week then by all means... release it every week. Or even better [Kyle deep in thought]..... if they could follow my character's progress and release new content the day after I get through the old stuff...... yeah, I think I like the sound of that. Let's do it. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: