• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 otispuppy

otispuppy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 17:12

I dont know how everyone feels about this but its seems like the purist with mental strength has a big advantage over all other classes !! can even solo the new hk !! i love bieng a mutant and i want all classes to have to work to get there kills like i do !! just think its unfair !!! please give me your thoughts about this !! all none purist please respond cause i know what you purists are going to say lol

#2 Grizzlis

Grizzlis

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 17:16

Personaly i'm a purist,but i rarely use MS,becoause i see no point in using it against ordinary entities... :roll:

#3 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 17:17

is this your homework, larry?

Posted Image

#4 ss_topsy

ss_topsy
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 17:31

I dont know how everyone feels about this but its seems like the purist with mental strength has a big advantage over all other classes !! can even solo the new hk !! i love bieng a mutant and i want all classes to have to work to get there kills like i do !! just think its unfair !!! please give me your thoughts about this !! all none purist please respond cause i know what you purists are going to say lol

if you think it has a big advantage, just switch to purist, and you will be fine.

#5 ss_cyclerider

ss_cyclerider
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 17:35

im a mutant and probably all will be

instead of removing ms why not give other classes a similar skill
as for the clones sorry you guys are just sol

#6 otispuppy

otispuppy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 17:38

thats a great idea and i dont want to change i like mutant ty

#7 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 November 2009 - 18:15

There are literally hundreds of post commenting on the problems which MS creates for the purist in spite of the advantage it also creates. Just search the term Mental strength and you will see the plethora of responses. The real truth of the matter now though, is that with repair kits MS is irrelevant, I did not use it from level 186 in the past content, and died only once. With repair kits in play, the purist enjoy no other attack/damage stat bonuses like every other class leaving them at the greatest disadvantage of all the classes.

#8 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 19:16

i think instead of eliminating purists, we should see a few more buffs similar in power to the MS, for example, cyborgs get a conserve, soldiers get an unbreakable, and mutants get DW type of skill, or something of the sorts will even up the classes a bit, for me i am getting tired of seeing a purple faction list.

RD

#9 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 19:26

The MS skill has been nerfed once. There are 4 classes. I can not get the stats that a soldier has or hit down as far in durability as a soldier. I am not complaining about the soldier skill tree. I started as cyborg and switched to Purist at L 80. So now I am to be punished????????? People are free to spend a skill reset and become a Purist if they want to.

I have put all my points in attack and damage and I only use gear that has high attack and damage. I could give a hoot for any stats in armor or defense. I do use my MS skill and rely on it to keep me from dieing. You take away the MS skill then you have put me at a great disadvantage. Us Purist have adjusted to the game and have used what was given us.

You know, maybe with all the tweaking that is being done by HCS they might just do away with all the classes and make one class so no one has an advantage over another. How would that grab you?

#10 TomT

TomT

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2009 - 20:17

:mrgreen: What???? do away with the skill that I have managed to allocate 105skill points to??? WHY??? because I have a skill that you haven't! Gee I use MS every hunt I can... I saw the benefit of getting that up to level real quick... and I pay for its use.... I loose one Core skill to have MS at its max...
So yeah give the other classes something similar, they will have to gain the xtra skill points to use it tho.... Oh and seeing were at it... mind shards should be bought full at the store like all other ammo! why should purists have to make their ammo???? the other classes dont.... hmmmmm
I have thought of changing classes cause as a Purist you get hit a lot harder than the likes of the other classes... but then again I started this way so will carry on.... If you cant handle it don't play aye....

#11 Zaelin

Zaelin

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 21:21

We are not going to remove MS from the game.

#12 ss_nthnclls

ss_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 21:24

As long as you take away Glowing Hands, Prehensile Tail, and Claw Mutation from Mutants :roll:

The skill's already been nerfed. If you think it provides such a big advantage, then flipping switch to Purist and see how much it really does.

#13 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 21:45

I dont know how everyone feels about this but its seems like the purist with mental strength has a big advantage over all other classes !!l

YEAP!

Classes have been unequal, and I mean not even close, since level 25 and players could put 100 points in MS. Back then the skill was so ridiculously overpowered purist were complaining when HCS nerfed it because then they started to die... They nerfed it because you would NEVER lose the skill, making you God-like and invincible.

Otis, I admire your zeal and I also think you're correct. By that I mean something is needed to make the classes more equitable. Until then we should all just change to purist like the huge majority of players already have... It's sad but that simple. Call me stupid but I'm just too hard headed to change, at least yet.

Personally I would rather argue my point though, then give in and use a reset. Taking away the skill may not be possible. You already knew what the purist response would be. lol So what to do? I've suggested making the other classes more equitable for a very long time. So much so that I'm almost blue in the face... Soldiers got a much needed revamp because of the tireless work of one player, Ecolitan. As for Mutants and Cyborgs we'll just get left out in the rain until HCS has the time to take a look.

#14 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 21:46

This doesn't surprise me lol

#15 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 November 2009 - 21:48

thanks for settling that!

#16 ss_wat1001

ss_wat1001
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 21:59

yep i think that this is gonna be the answer people will get everytime.
y not try and attack other classes leave us purist alone for a while

#17 otispuppy

otispuppy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 22:23

ty loudog :) and i didnt want any purist to post replies but i guess they have to to keep there powerful buff lol

#18 ss_ecofrog

ss_ecofrog
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 22:30

basicly purists are easier to play with and have advantages like soloing elites hks but we do have to waste energy gaining the points needed to cast and we don't have the stat boosting skills available to other classes.
best way to even it out is up the hp of mutants the defense of soldiers and the damage/attack of cyborgs.
we aren't as uberly powerful as most people make out and removing the skill altogether would mean we are either the weakest class or they'll have to replace it and make us like any other class.

basicly stop complaining if you can't stand the other classes then change over and if your to stubborn to switch just deal with it and leave us alone

#19 ss_wat1001

ss_wat1001
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 22:33

now for a little helpfull advice
anyways i dissagree with what loudog ont he part about other classes left int he rain i mean its not at all hcs fault if anything its the players the reason purist is so worked on is cause players make such a big deal about them in the forums that there always being looked at if we made such a big deal about other classes maybe they would look at them to also instead of haveing us nerfed again and makeing all the purists mad why not make a core buff for the players that is similar to out ms i know i and a few other players have mentioned this multiple times

so in that case i must say something that does not make any sense what so ever as that is what i do
did you know if you sqeeze birds hard enough they sound just like bagpipes

#20 ss_boromier

ss_boromier
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 22:41

The MS skill does give an advantage, and you will find more than 50% of people are choosing the Purist class for this skill, I personally feel that if anything should happen then they should introduce this skill or similar skill to every class (Visa Versa), or even better, make a stim or health kit.... Who's for a Shield Kit or Shield Stim.... This would even things up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: