• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#1 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 13:28

So I clear a bounty with 10 stamina, my reward? A DELEVEL PARTY!

Let me get this straight, I do YOU a favor by clearing your bounty ( that was only there because you had attacked somebody in the first place), and I use 10 stamina hits out of respect. Most normal, decent, humane people would be happy about that and give thanks... but not ! Beware of this player, as he has no soul nor logic. I would not be associated with such a person in real life, nor in a game.

Again, the bounty system is flawed if this is allowed to happen, as I've said in the past. When will the cows get it? Perhaps never.

Name edited out of advice from DomCorvis

Edited by BigGrim, 11 February 2014 - 14:07.

#2 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 February 2014 - 13:41

posting a players name in your thread will get it locked and probably get you suspended for "unwanted attention"

As for being counter bountied and deleveled....its a risk you take when you accept a bounty. Learn a lesson and move on

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#3 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 February 2014 - 13:48

Hey Y0DA - yeah, I know it always just makes you shake your head about why a clean clear will result in a delevel, but it happens.  I've lost a lot of levels and hard to not get annoyed.  But as Dom says above, we take the risk when we take the bounty.  

Remember at least now a days they can only take 5 levels, so it could be worse.

Hang in there my friend!

#4 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 February 2014 - 13:51

oops... double post...

Edited by Dulcharn, 11 February 2014 - 14:01.

#5 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 February 2014 - 13:54

lol... delevel back you must, Mr Yoda.

...a delevel party called for it was not.

...use 100s next time to clear  bounty you must.

http://gph.is/15EJmK6

Edited by BigGrim, 11 February 2014 - 14:08.

#6 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 13:55

Yes, DomCorvis, I learned that same lesson when the smasher medal came out as the same thing had happened to me back then too. So you are saying that the bounty medal should not be acquired unless you want to lose 5 levels every time you clear 1 bounty? So you are okay with a person losing 250 levels just to acheive the bronze bounty medal? Lose 1000 levels just to get a silver medal?

Edited by y0da, 11 February 2014 - 13:58.

#7 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 February 2014 - 13:58

lol no im not suggesting that BUT do you ALWAYS get deleveled for a gentle clear? NO i highly doubt it. So an occasional delevel is not the same as 100% of hits being 100 stam..

I agree with the others though. Next time no gentle clear for them. 100's only if it were me.

(on a side not ive lost over 250 lvls and have my Bh'r bronze...lol nither are connected though)

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 February 2014 - 14:07

Again, the bounty system is flawed if this is allowed to happen, as I've said in the past. When will the cows get it? Perhaps never.

The system is flawed in your opinion. We think it is fine as is. 

If the system is flawed, how would you suggest it be fixed? Provide feedback instead of simply saying something does not work.

#9 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 14:10

If the system is flawed, how would you suggest it be fixed? Provide feedback instead of simply saying something does not work.

I have, dont allow a bounty hunter to be bountied.

Or, if you dont like that, limit the ability to place a bounty on a bounty hunter so that the re-bounty can only be done if more than 10 stamina was used per hit.

#10 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 14:11

lol no im not suggesting that BUT do you ALWAYS get deleveled for a gentle clear? NO i highly doubt it. So an occasional delevel is not the same as 100% of hits being 100 stam..

I agree with the others though. Next time no gentle clear for them. 100's only if it were me.

(on a side not ive lost over 250 lvls and have my Bh'r bronze...lol nither are connected though)

You are correct that it would not happen every time, my point is that it shouldnt even be possible.

#11 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 14:25

An idea that comes to mind is you can not be counter bountied if ALL of the following are met:

1. You complete the bounty
2. You win All 10 hits (deflect does not count as a loss)
3. Your opponent has been online in the last hour.

#12 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 February 2014 - 14:37

An idea that comes to mind is you can not be counter bountied if ALL of the following are met:

1. You complete the bounty
2. You win All 10 hits (deflect does not count as a loss)
3. Your opponent has been online in the last hour.

+1

however,

2. You win 8 out of 10 hits. (deflects does not count as a loss)

reason: the 2% is irritating...

#13 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 17:17

if a bounty is placed on your head due to your 10 stamina attacks on a bounty, there should be a reduction on the amount of levels you are up to lose..  i would suggest 1-2 levels max..

#14 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 February 2014 - 17:26

So next time you see that player up on the BB you know to use 100 stam hits.... Simple as pie there are some players and Guilds in the game that can do any thing they want.... And never complain there is any issue with the system.... 

#15 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 17:52

Many people suggest 100 stamming every bounty, but isnt that just feeding into the problem as well as giving the person valid reason to re-bounty? Even if you ONLY 100 stam the people that you know or hate, it would still lead to a cycle of bounties and rebounties.

Having integrity would suggest that a bounty cleared with 10 stamina hits would be appreciated, whereas a bounty cleared with 100 stamina hits would give reason for revenge.

Contributing to this behavior, although a valid solution, is not THE solution.

#16 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 18:48

Many people suggest 100 stamming every bounty, but isnt that just feeding into the problem as well as giving the person valid reason to re-bounty? Even if you ONLY 100 stam the people that you know or hate, it would still lead to a cycle of bounties and rebounties.
Having integrity would suggest that a bounty cleared with 10 stamina hits would be appreciated, whereas a bounty cleared with 100 stamina hits would give reason for revenge.
Contributing to this behavior, although a valid solution, is not THE solution.

Just curious but for all those that participated in deleveling you, can't you post then all on the bounty board? I don't participate in this aspect of the game but I was just curious

#17 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 19:17

Just curious but for all those that participated in deleveling you, can't you post then all on the bounty board? I don't participate in this aspect of the game but I was just curious

Yes, of coarse. But then I am spending gold or fsp x 5 to place them there, just so that they can have their friends clear them from the bounty board using 10 stamina. They might each lose 1/4 of a level if that, plus then their friends get the bounty reward plus the accumulative bounty medal. I lost 5 levels. Putting them each on the bounty board is in no way justice.

#18 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 19:52

Y0DA , you just  gave the biggest reason Why lots of players do not participate in PvP, Some Pvpers can be absolute morons, fortunately these are in the minority but nevertheless are there , so just move on , 100 stam  him next time or ignore the bounty.

I do maintain that it is wrong to bounty a bounty hunter tho,  being on the BB is supposed to be a punishment for stealing gold or whatever , there is no punishment when the one on the bb can counter bounty, 

SO YES the system needs fixed, totally agree that  a delevel party in response to a clean clear is utter nonsense.  

Just my thoughts ,  WeeRapll  ;)

#19 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 22:10

Yes, of coarse. But then I am spending gold or fsp x 5 to place them there, just so that they can have their friends clear them from the bounty board using 10 stamina. They might each lose 1/4 of a level if that, plus then their friends get the bounty reward plus the accumulative bounty medal. I lost 5 levels. Putting them each on the bounty board is in no way justice.

Well that sucks... I'm going to assume the person who did this to you does not belong to any of the honorable PVP guilds we have in FS land... I'm sure they have no tolerance for such behavior. Sorry to hear. I guess that is a reason not to clear bounties. :(

#20 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 23:38

i dont think 100 stamming back is smart unless u dont mind losing levels, even if honorable its stupid to enter a battle outmanned and outgunned, id simply suggest clearing different guilds, if the bounty clearing was risk free it just becomes mundane but there should be a level of respect i agree, agree also that if its a soft clear maybe lower possible outcomes if conditions are met maybe, dont think it matters tremendously or it shouldnt for anyone with thousands of levels and 20k+ stam who obviously dont look dealt a hideous blow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: