Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:03

In this latest game update, we have fixed an issue with the PvP Ladder reset where it would sometimes use the previous ladder PvP Rating when calculating the PvP Rating gained/lost.

Also Zorg is looking into the issues some players are experiencing with the titans on the new map. If you do experience any issues, please let us know on following thread as any feedback you can give us will help resolve the issues.

Titan Issue Thread: http://forum.fallens...hp?f=1&t=106478

PvP Arena :

Arena Batches two and three have now been deactivated. Batches four and five are activated in their place.

Additionally, we have looked at the weights of the ResouTournamentsents and increased them. The resource ought to appear more frequently now.

Feedback for this can be given here : Arena Feedback

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 fs_cobra7781

fs_cobra7781
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:04

when will the batch change in arena be done its meant to be today Hoof and sorry for change of topic :)

#3 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:25

Not seen this message before when trying to hit on the Ladder >>>

INFORMATION
The PvP Ladder is currently resetting. Please try again later.

Can usually hit straight after re-set? no? Maybe I'm just impatient...

It's been 5 minutes since re-set now though and still can't hit

#4 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:27

The PvP Ladder is currently resetting. Please try again later.

Is this going to happen every reset now with a delay where you cant hit, or is it something being worked on now?
if it occurs at the top of the hour, it can cost medal credit.

#5 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:33

Looks like they made a fix and at the same time caused another bug lol.. still can't hit on the Ladder 13 minutes after re-set

#6 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:38

Hey, have reported this to the coders, they are looking into it now :)

#7 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:38

i cant hit either. will lose medal credit in 22 minutes

#8 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:39

Hey to you too!

Thanks

#9 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:40

Hey, have reported this to the coders, they are looking into it now :)

Thank you xakano

#10 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:46

After the PvP Ladder is reset, it takes some time to set the game up for the next ladder, hence you cannot perform PvP Ladder attacks during this time. Once the next PvP Ladder is ready, you will be able to initiate PvP Ladder attacks again.

#11 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:47

How long does that take? Used to be able to make an attack immediatly after re-set prior to the update.

#12 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:50

How long does that take? Used to be able to make an attack immediatly after re-set prior to the update.

It should be ready within approx one hour after the reset. This was what was causing the issue before, when one player would attack and it would use the players previous ladders status to transfer the rating, then the rating looking wrong or unallocated.

#13 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:52

It should be ready within approx one hour after the reset. This was what was causing the issue before, when one player would attack and it would use the players previous ladders status to transfer the rating, then the rating looking wrong or unallocated.

Ah right, I had never noticed this issue or problem before with incorrect rating transfer :/

#14 Coatzin

Coatzin

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:54

It seems too much, but if that's the time it takes... Maybe you should add that explanation to the Update post :)

#15 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:57

Ah right, I had never noticed this issue or problem before with incorrect rating transfer :/

I have never had any issue or problem with rating transfer either, and i play every reset.
Do we really have to have this new delay? I dont like it at all

#16 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:59

I have never had any issue or problem with rating transfer either, and i play every reset.

Sometimes just after a ladder reset, a player ( who opted out) still would have rating and could be HIT for that rating. This update fixes that, but also means you have to wait a little longer to start smashing the band again. It's better this way.

#17 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 17:00

I understand that it is a pain. The system has to go through all the players to make sure that everyone who is opted in/out is where they are meant to be and also reallocate players to any new bands. It was not happening with every combat, it depends if you had been processed and refreshed as necessary, this was an issue reported to us via tickets for the most part.

#18 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 17:08

Well, the solution would be to "flag" the few players who are playing the ladder so that you only need to go through those players. Just a dumb idea. But you never know.

#19 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2012 - 17:21

Well, the solution would be to "flag" the few players who are playing the ladder so that you only need to go through those players. Just a dumb idea. But you never know.

It also needs to change the PvP Band on players who were in the PvP Ladder and are no longer opted in.

We'll take a look to see if the process can be done in a quicker way in the future, but for now it will prevent the bug with the PvP Ratings happening :)

#20 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 17:24

It also needs to change the PvP Band on players who were in the PvP Ladder and are no longer opted in.

We'll take a look to see if the process can be done in a quicker way in the future, but for now it will prevent the bug with the PvP Ratings happening :)

Over an hour since re-set and still can't hit...

maybe if this is going to be the way it is... a message to all those opt'd in to say that we can now tart hitting... rather than us having to sit here trying every couple minutes as it's frustrating!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: