27 replies to this topic

#1 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 23:47

my guild mate has been suspended 2x now for pvp'ing the same person over and over. now instead of advising the player to utilize the pvp protection aspect. admin has suspended my guild mate so i ask why do we have pvp protection if admin is still punishing players for pvp'ing hourly hits. no pm's transpired between players just regular pvp.

#2 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 23:51

every hit bountied as well for a min 20% loss Vs the 10% taken....to what end will devs protect people outside of the mechanics already provided. Removing PvP entirely would be easier then what has been transpiring the past year to detour those who utilize it. I'm so close to done, friends keep me here - other then them there is little left I much enjoy

#3 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 23:53

not everyone can afford to pay for pvp protection..also i would of thought if he keeps hitting this person over and over and was already suspended for it he would of learned to find another target cause it sounds personal

#4 mimdala

mimdala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 23:54

Even though I don't like the idea of hourly hits, it's a completely legitimate form of gameplay, isn't it? Why would anyone get suspended for that? I guess that's your question, and it definitely deserves an answer. Maybe it's viewed as harassment? but like I said, it's a legitimate way of playing...so I don't get it.

mimdala_zps719aa5bc.png

#5 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 23:56

the hits were provoked - you can say or do anything you like to an individual or individuals now - when they hold you accountable simply submit a ticket, and a admin will provide you free protection..tell your friends - why pay for a free service

#6 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 00:10

Yes, the hits were provoked without a doubt... and in my own personal opinion a player from any guild getting suspended for just pvp hourly or not is insane and wrong. Perhaps our in game devs should take a minute, sit down and think about what they do before they do it...

A player made threats to my wife a while back in p.m. which were reported. The player who I will not share his name here as it's against rules here, said he was going to find my wife and hurt her in real life when I wasn't around. This was reported to HCS the devs felt my wife should add the player to ignore and that this sort of threat was not enough for a suspension.

So seeing a guild mate suspended for just pvp is almost funny and ridiculous... If the devs don't want people to pvp than they should remove it altogether. Some of our devs have been helping non - pvpers achieve this goal already so perhaps in a sick and sad way this is really no surprise at all.

#7 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 00:15

regardless - pvp protection was implemented to stop the flooding of tickets from players complaining about pvp and being "pvp harassed" if admin is still going to get involved, even when the player CAN afford it.. why have pvp protection. and in this particulate situation the player did target my guild and when players return hits with pvp, instead of stooping to the lvl they player stooped. my guild mate was punished.... seriously ..... you come after a guild.... then they return with pvp hits and submit a ticket crying and admin steps in and punishes the player for standing up for there guild :( how is this right !!! who is the bully seriously !!!

#8 mimdala

mimdala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 00:21

This is very strange. I do not like pvp at all, but I am actually a little disturbed by this. I would really like to see what the cows have to say? Can we please know why it is considered acceptable to suspend a player for legitimate pvping?

mimdala_zps719aa5bc.png

#9 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 00:25

This is very strange. I do not like pvp at all, but I am actually a little disturbed by this. I would really like to see what the cows have to say? Can we please know why it is considered acceptable to suspend a player for legitimate pvping?

thank you xoxo i really hope this is taken seriously, and looked in to. really fearful this topic will be locked and removed as it is a sensitive issue.

#10 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 October 2012 - 00:39

Wouldn't this be something that would better be dealt with through support than on the forum? :|

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#11 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 00:40

yeah.... tried that with the 1st suspension..... was told a player would not be suspended for pvp'ing as it is a part of the game....

#12 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:38

This sounds really awkward... players should not be banned for pvping

#13 Zordor

Zordor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:39

This has happened before when HCS deems PvPing to be harassment. Especially with no PM's exchanged.

#14 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:02

an FS player and a forum member here has 2 HCS staff members quoted in their sig here stating that PvP is not bannable due to it is part of the FS game aspect. seems some staff say if a players pvp's an that is all that is done is attack by way of doing pvp attacks will not be banned when other staff members seem to just be trigger happy and ban a player playing the pvp aspect they like to play.

guess it just depends on which staff member gets the HCS support tix and if they ban a pvp attack or not based on only pvp attacks. as for a player making ' threats ' via pm's to another player is that not against HCS rules or is that questionable which staff member gets the tix?

guess the HCS/ FS very own TOS is a coin flip which way it falls: https://www.huntedcow.com/home/terms

under the section >>> Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences

it states this:

transmit through our Sites any unlawful, harassing, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, disparaging, privacy invading, abusive, threatening, harmful, misleading, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or transmit material for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way. We reserve the right to interpret whether material fits this definition;

further down is something a little interesting part to the underlined part above but is dealing with staff.

under section >>> Threats to Staff

it states this:

You may not threaten, harass or abuse a member of Hunted Cow Studios Ltd staff, or forum moderators. We take transgression of this rule very seriously and believe that they have the right to operate in an environment free of those issues and have the right to be treated with respect and courtesy.

so with a player that was mentioned had made threats to his wife by another FS player via pm's had no actions done to them other then told to place on block/ ignore from the one making threats but yet if it is done to a staff member is a very strong chance action is taken on them but not when it is with players? if FS players are told by support to place a player making ' threats ' to another player just to place them on block/ ignore should staff do same or do staff look down on players as not that important enough and make coin flip decisions based on HCS own rules.

one staff member says one thing is allowed and a different staff member says it is not allowed on the very same subject/ issue. so who then staff/ support does the coin flip an who is the one calling it in the air what actions are taken on the HCS/ FS very own TOS or are those rules just that meaningless also?

but back onto the pvp attacks made. has the rules changed to now that a player can be banned over making just pvp attacks w/o having any other form of contact with the target of such repeated attacks? it seems so since they been doing just that banning players enjoying that aspect of the FS game they like doing that IS part of the game aspects. could that mean maybe if a player constantly beats out another player in the arena, sells cheaper items in AH or something they can report them to support and maybe get them banned over that? I know can't get players reported over that but they have said before a player can not be banned over making pvp attacks on players but yet they are being done now anyways. so who knows what could be next that IS part of the game aspects that could get a ban over that has been said won't get banned.

#15 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:38

>>my guild mate has been suspended 2x now for pvp'ing the same person over and over. <<

Wait... warned? twice?

Not banned?

He/she is lucky.

Suggestion: stop hitting the other person. Just sayin'.

#16 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:47

if that is the case, then remove pvp protection, and revise the rules of pvp. as players have the protection from HCS - on the other hand - if not then advise the player to use the pvp protection option as pvp is apart of the game.

#17 mimdala

mimdala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:26

Suggestion: stop hitting the other person. Just sayin'.

To keep attacking after the first suspension was rather imprudent, agreed, but that's not the point. There shouldn't be any suspension based on legitimate gameplay. Is hitting hourly against game rules? No it is not, so why the suspension? It would have been different if the attacking person had also been sending threatening or obnoxious messages, but according to Necra, this wasn't the case. So...the question for HCS is...why would someone who is playing within the rules get suspended? Regardless of how annoying it is to other players :P

mimdala_zps719aa5bc.png

#18 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:12

This has been going on for years. From a player being told not to attack another, to entire guilds being threatened with punishment if they attack members of another named guild. Get used to it, or leave, those are two options. I know way too many pvpers that chose the latter. :(

#19 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:35

Play nice and everyone will be nice

Still dont understand why pvper dont hit another pvper...oh wait they made alliance so they don't smack each other :roll: Lets smack non pvpers :twisted:

#20 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:47

Play nice and everyone will be nice

Still dont understand why pvper dont hit another pvper...oh wait they made alliance so they don't smack each other :roll: Lets smack non pvpers :twisted:

seriously...... ODP is not allied with all "pvp" guilds. in addition, there are guilds who have pvp'rs and lvl'rs under 1 roof. your comment was not fair. you should really re-read the topic again...... unless you turned a blind eye to the problem at hand...

all seriousness HCS much respect and love for ya and all you have done thus far and working on. but the the love of FS PLEASE do something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: