Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2009 - 17:59

Hi all,

In this latest update we have fixed the following...

Mental Strength

A bug which caused the Mental Strength skill not to update the current count of Psi Shield remaining has been fixed.

Class Specific Items

A bug which allowed classes to equip items not suitable for their class has been fixed. Note that previously saved invalid combat sets have been removed and any invalid equipment has automatically been unequipped.

~ The Sigmastorm 2 Team

#2 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:05

I know this is going to be a flamefest in here. But, I'm glad to see this update. Those that know me know it's not because it "nerfs" a class, but it takes a game breaking skill and makes it more reasonable. Glad HCS fixed it. I'll say now - probably a reset for purists is going to be demanded and not sure that's wrong. But, the skill is now not as game breaking.

#3 ss_ecofrog

ss_ecofrog
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:06

ummmm WHAT

the MS skill has always been this way and has never been referred to by the admins as a bug many of us have choose to become purists just due to this skill at the very least all purists should be given a free reset.

if the admins we're to read the fourms hundreds of people have commented on how the ms skill works on many occasions although i agree it was overpowered you have still taken something away from us that was the reason we choose this class.

you could make it up to us by giving it 6 hp instead but this is rediculus

#4 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:12

Thank you HCS for listening to our feedback and fixing something that made the Purist class quite overpowered. I too agree that giving them a free skill reset is necessary, they might want to reconsider their distribution.

#5 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:15

ummmm WHAT

the MS skill has always been this way and has never been referred to by the admins as a bug many of us have choose to become purists just due to this skill at the very least all purists should be given a free reset.

if the admins we're to read the fourms hundreds of people have commented on how the ms skill works on many occasions although i agree it was overpowered you have still taken something away from us that was the reason we choose this class.

you could make it up to us by giving it 6 hp instead but this is rediculus

i agree.. teh reason many have spent FC's to switch class to purist was because of the MS skill and how it worked. at lvl 140 you are finally changing it?

if it was a bug, than such a HUGE bug should be compensated.. i switched from mutant to purist for the only reason of MS and the way it worked..
All of the ones should get a free skill reset or something. or both.. this blows.. really.

no where near this skill does it say that once the 3 rounds are up , it has to be recast....nowhere.. so how the heck is it a bug?
worked fine to me.

my whole EV points have been set up to coincide with this MS skill and how it was worked.. not only should we get a skill reset but a EV rest also.. really

come one now.. this is a HUGE BLOW............. you cant knock us out and Run away now.

#6 ss_ecofrog

ss_ecofrog
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:16

because of how we have come to play the game many purists have all level up points in damage and maybe a small bit in attack now that we are gonna have to distribute them evenly like the rest of the classes we'll also have to do another reset of those aswell which for me is gonna cost 150 fc and to change class 125 fc and also gonna have to get all new gear about 80 fc.

really hcs you didn't expect us to jsut sit back and take this did you

#7 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:19

While agreeing with the idea of a reset, I'm not sure it's as bad as being made out. Defense is relatively easy to come by with both attack and damage. It's armor that's hard to build in with either of these. MS still allows armor to be ignored. I'm hoping some sort of reset is awarded as EVO points into defense for purists might be smart (though I would say they always were) where they weren't before (or, perceived as such).

#8 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:19

because of how we have come to play the game many purists have all level up points in damage and maybe a small bit in attack now that we are gonna have to distribute them evenly like the rest of the classes we'll also have to do another reset of those aswell which for me is gonna cost 150 fc and to change class 125 fc and also gonna have to get all new gear about 80 fc.

really hcs you didn't expect us to jsut sit back and take this did you

exactly.. i also and many of purists have set their whole ev points that way.. and also bought or made or engineered equipment to work with the MS skill nad how it was..

this is not like it was anew skill and only was aweek into it.. this has been here since the birth of SS2..

we shouldnt get railroaded here.

#9 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:21

The skill didn't work correctly before. From the skill description:

"Create a Psi Shield which can absorb 1 hit + an additional hit for each 50 points."

We are looking at getting everyone a free skill reset shortly however :)

#10 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:21

Sorry to disappoint the Purists but i love the fact its now changed. You now also have to worry about your gear and re-casting the skill, same way we try to figure setups with which we survive misses or recast healing skills on ourselves..

Welcome to the reality of the rest of us, the skill still remains great, its just not godly anymore

#11 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:23

"Create a Psi Shield which can absorb 1 hit + an additional hit for each 50 points."

Ok - hopefully this answers it enough for most? I don't think the intent is to jam someone in a class they don't like anymore....

#12 ss_ecofrog

ss_ecofrog
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:24

lol when you take a bottle away from a baby you give it candy or it'll cry until you take notice

#13 nestor

nestor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:28

So changing a skill (to the worse) is ok, while changing gear is not? How ... strange.

#14 TorNis

TorNis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:31

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
Posted Image

#15 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:31

Sorry to disappoint the Purists but i love the fact its now changed. You now also have to worry about your gear and re-casting the skill, same way we try to figure setups with which we survive misses or recast healing skills on ourselves..

Welcome to the reality of the rest of us, the skill still remains great, its just not godly anymore

well thats fine that it is changed and working properly. we all admitted it was strong.. thasts why we took the class..

but not only a skill rest but an EV rest to hoof please.. cause this has changed the whole Plan of my points. and many others guaranteed. i know most of us went mostly all damage because we have been backed by this MS god for 115 lvls...

now a littel more thought is needed. different equipment is needed.. i can live with this and work with it.. but a full ev reset is what i really want. and let me plan out my future better.

#16 ss_ecofrog

ss_ecofrog
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:32

isn't this the same situation as the enkr5 weapon add on you said that you wouldn't take it out as people had already put fc into the items well i and hundreds of others have put fc into items that are semi useless they won't be useable for the reasons we bought them and won't sell at anywhere near the amount they would have in the th.

in the same way the enkr5 add on would have done if you would have decreased it's stats tell me where's the differance

#17 TorNis

TorNis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:35

--------------------------

(removed by TorNis)

#18 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:37

a skill reset is cool for those wanting to bail out on being apurist now.. but waht about a EV rest hoof? this is my prob.. i now need to allocate differently to use different equipment now.

can i trade my skill reset in for a EV reset?

#19 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:40

(removed by TorNis)

i dont see a free ev reset on my page.

#20 ss_ecofrog

ss_ecofrog
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:42

(removed by TorNis)

i dont see a free ev reset on my page.

ps if anyone finds out if when we get a free reset the next time we use it does it go back to to old price to reset ie for me 150 or back to 25

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: