#1 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:50

I know it has been mentioned a few years ago, but

Guild Medals, just sayin' :lol:

Instead of posting ''Top xx Guild'' - You have a medal instead to show this off?

#2 Yeune

Yeune

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:10

What do you mean guild medals? because they do have guild loyalty medals.

#3 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:48

I think he means medals that a guild as a whole can earn.
It will probably be medals about guild activities (such as GvG and Titan hunting).

For example medals for:
[*:3pudpxry]The amount of GvGs won by the guild.
[*:3pudpxry]The amount of Titans killed by the guild's players.
[*:3pudpxry]The amount of levels gained by the guild's players.
[*:3pudpxry]The amount of lines in chat.
[*:3pudpxry]The amount of time the guild is in the top 250.
[*:3pudpxry]The amount of time the guild existed.
There have been a few threads about it in the past.

#4 gvderzee

gvderzee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:35

If guild medals were instituted, they should be awarded based on accomplishments from the time of implementation. Retroactive medals would only be recognizing the historical aspects of a guild, not the present day activity.

#5 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:22

If guild medals were instituted, they should be awarded based on accomplishments from the time of implementation. Retroactive medals would only be recognizing the historical aspects of a guild, not the present day activity.

Disagree, what about medals that state how long a player has been playing? Ruby Loyalty etc. Guilds could flash this around as well :) If they were to install guild medals, would you really want to kill like 1 million more titans for a ruby medal? I'm sure guilds out there would agree.

#6 gvderzee

gvderzee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:32

We already know what guilds have been around the longest and accomplished the most. Give newer guilds something to work for that they could actually achieve. Give older guilds a reason to pull together and work to be at the top of another list.

Unless inactive guilds are removed from the top-rated lists, there is not much possibility that new guilds will ever make the lists. Let the inactive guilds stay where they are, but give all guilds something new to work for.

*note: I'd gladly kill a million titans just for the fun of it!

#7 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 13:46

We already know what guilds have been around the longest and accomplished the most. Give newer guilds something to work for that they could actually achieve. Give older guilds a reason to pull together and work to be at the top of another list.

Unless inactive guilds are removed from the top-rated lists, there is not much possibility that new guilds will ever make the lists. Let the inactive guilds stay where they are, but give all guilds something new to work for.

*note: I'd gladly kill a million titans just for the fun of it!

So ignore all the accomplishments of the past? They didn't do that with players medals, so why should they with guilds. Old guilds have earned the medals, new guilds are yet to do so. Simple.

#8 gvderzee

gvderzee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 July 2012 - 14:11

I guess it probably comes down to the fact that I am not in favor of guild medals at all. Guild membership changes so medals would hardly ever reflect the accomplishments of the present members. Individual medals honor the accomplishments of the person who earned them.

#9 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2012 - 16:41

Not sure if the system has kept track of all the titan kills per guild. Plus do you lose guild medals if people leave your guild (big contributors)?

#10 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 23:48

I would think it would be like guild experience. If you leave you lose a percentage of xp, but not all of it. If someone killed 5000 titans and left, I suppose the guild could retain 2500-5000 kills.

#11 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2012 - 00:42

I would think it would be like guild experience. If you leave you lose a percentage of xp, but not all of it.

If a player leaves then the guild loses all the guild XP that player had contributed. :roll:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#12 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 00:55

Sorry I'm thinking of the Exp lock

#13 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 July 2012 - 23:38

Guild medals should be in the game ... don't really see a negative aspect to it. they want to promote more guilds / guild activity .. then give the guild something to do besides gvging ...

#14 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:01

Guild medals should be in the game ... don't really see a negative aspect to it. they want to promote more guilds / guild activity .. then give the guild something to do besides gvging ...

Been rethinking the idea, how about a link when clicking on the medal that shows past and present contributors to the Guild medal clicked, along with the number or % of their contribution?.

#15 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:16

I guess it probably comes down to the fact that I am not in favor of guild medals at all. Guild membership changes so medals would hardly ever reflect the accomplishments of the present members. Individual medals honor the accomplishments of the person who earned them.

I have only been and will only be in 1 guild. Guild medals should definetly exist. But for guild activities. Titan hunting, having held on to a relic for X amount of time, global quest kills, gvg wins, gvg successful defenses, and a new concept that I WANT:

Guild Party PvP Arena.... Please?

#16 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:27

I have only been and will only be in 1 guild. Guild medals should definetly exist. But for guild activities. Titan hunting, having held on to a relic for X amount of time, global quest kills, gvg wins, gvg successful defenses, and a new concept that I WANT:

Guild Party PvP Arena.... Please?

I wonder who's guild would be first to get Ruby :lol:

#17 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 July 2012 - 19:57

I know the cows were for guild medals but not sure why it died ..

#18 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 July 2012 - 21:40

One of 2 reasons I suspect :-

1. Forgotten about.

2. Insufficient programmer time (this excuse is wearing very thin now - take someone off eldevin or something - THIS game is your revenue stream at the moment after all). It's still on the massive list, along with all the other stuff they've declared an interest in but gotten no further with.

#19 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:41

1. Forgotten about.

2. Insufficient programmer time (this excuse is wearing very thin now - take someone off eldevin or something - THIS game is your revenue stream at the moment after all). It's still on the massive list, along with all the other stuff they've declared an interest in but gotten no further with.

Not like they're busy with SS2 either. Devote yourself to FS Cows!

#20 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:50

1. Forgotten about.

We've not forgotten about guild medals. We've been focusing on fixing bugs at the moment, hence the long list of bug fixes in yesterday's update :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: