Photo

Development Roadmap (Updated 8th September 2014)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#1 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2014 - 18:00

I'll be taking over the Development Roadmap for Hoofmaster. I've updated the list and bumped back all dates to reflect the new time scale. I expect there may be some delays as I'm currently manning quite a few separate projects but I'll do my best and keep you guys informed!

The ordering of the roadmap was decided by the community on this thread on which you can also find more details about all the upcoming updates.

Note that the Development Roadmap excludes content updates for the game - the upcoming content updates can be seen on the Content Roadmap thread that BigGrim posted.

Recenly Completed (Released Date)
Make new players exempt from Guild Conflicts (16th May 2014)
Improve Guild Chat (15th May 2014)
Increase Avatar Image Max Size and Character Bio Max Limit (21st May 2014)
Add Direct Link From Forum To Player Profile (9th Aug 2014)
Improve Quest Book (18th Mar 2014)
Improve Auto-Fragmenting (18th Mar 2014) 
Make Gold Upgrades Reset at Midnight (Server Time) (7th Mar 2014)
Create New Items for Chests (28th Feb 2014)
New Guild-based Medals (21st Feb 2013)
Buff Marketplace (10th Jan 2013)
Improve Hellforging (20th Dec 2013)
Improve the Backpack Interface (14th Nov 2013)
Improve Composing (25th Oct 2013)
Arena Improvements (25th June 2014)
Improve Quick Buff (5th Sept 2014)
Fix avoiding PvP Protection + PvP Ladder to avoid bounties. (8th Sept 2014)
Extract All (3rd October 2014)
Add Top Rated Section for Titan Hunters and Super-Elite Slayer (6th October  2014)
Invite to Guild Button (7th November 2014)
Add Useful Links to Message (2nd December 2014)
Improve Buff Market to stop abuse (In Progress)

Improve Marketplace (4th October 2014)

Improved Item Compare (20th October  2014)
Improve Auction Notification Messages (21st October  2014)
Improve Top Rated (27th October  2014)

Improve View Creature Popup (25th November 2014)
Hide Perfect (30th November 2014)

Wiki / Ultimate Fallen Sword Guide Link (18th November 2014)

Improve the Attack Player interface (14th December 2014)

Currently In Development (Target Release Date)
Add New Unique Items and Medals to Guild Conflict (Being Designed)

Planned Development (Target Release Date)
Fallen Sword Point Vault (Bank) (20th September 2014)
Improve the PvP Ladder (13th October  2014)
Guild Conflict Structure (3rd November 2014)
Improve Secure Trade (10th November 2014)
Make Map Footprints Persistent (17th November 2014)
Add New Player List for Mentors (29th November 2014)
Improve Secure Trade / Send Item Feature (24th November  2014)
Re-design Diamond Medal Artwork (7th December 2014)

Note the Target Release Dates are estimates, we expect some updates will be finished quicker and some may take longer than planned, however we'll keep the Development Roadmap updated as we implement the improvements.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 19:01

Thanks for the update!

#3 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 19:06

hooray....finally a new update on the dates...and what is next...even tho i dont see any improvements to composing on the list anywhere..i thought this was to be done at some time...but thanks for update...look forward to arena and pvp improves soon.. :)

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 June 2014 - 21:21

It's about time some things were changed for PvP.  I'm looking forward to it!  B)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#5 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 21:37

Glad to see the community is being kept in the loop.

I do sympathize with you getting stuck in a new situation, after someone else has been handling it.  As a contractor this happens to me with some regularity.  

I suspect you'll muddle through with flying colors ;)  

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:49

Personally, I would MUCH rather see ALL the development roadmap put on a hiatus for a short (?) time whilst the core features of the FSH were incorporated into the game.

Then, the FSH, along with all other scripts, could be banned, once and for all, and a level playing field (other than internet speed connections) could be re-established.

Do I expect most folk to agree with my viewpoint ? - probably not - but the perception (whether it's true or not - that's not really the point anymore) is that cheating is epidemic in the game now. So, why not address that by outlawing ALL scripts ?

Just my 2c

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#7 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:59

Personally, I would MUCH rather see ALL the development roadmap put on a hiatus for a short (?) time whilst the core features of the FSH were incorporated into the game.

Then, the FSH, along with all other scripts, could be banned, once and for all, and a level playing field (other than internet speed connections) could be re-established.

Do I expect most folk to agree with my viewpoint ? - probably not - but the perception (whether it's true or not - that's not really the point anymore) is that cheating is epidemic in the game now. So, why not address that by outlawing ALL scripts ?

Just my 2c

While there's some much anticipated things on the roadmap, I agree with Pardoux.  

#8 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:38

Will you be involved with the coding as well Zorg?

#9 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:31

I suspect you'll muddle through with flying colors  ;)  

Muddling through things happens to be my speciality.

While this is possible, I have 2 reasons for not wanting to do this. Firstly, the FSH features are generally quite advanced and aimed at experienced players. Having them in the base game may confuse new players. Secondly, it would be many months of work for very little end result as far as players who already use the FSH are concerned. They wouldn't be getting anything new out of it.

Will you be involved with the coding as well Zorg?

Yup, my time is freeing up again now Eldevin is out. I was gone for a year and a half building the Hunted Cow and Eldevin websites.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#10 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:51

Stick to your original plan, we are behind on several things currently and adding the FSH features will just bring the game as a whole further behind in terms of overall development.

#11 j3k

j3k

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:53

Yup, my time is freeing up again now Eldevin is out. I was gone for a year and a half building the Hunted Cow and Eldevin websites.

I like the new grey like button  :D 

Stick to your original plan, we are behind on several things currently and adding the FSH features will just bring the game as a whole further behind in terms of overall development.

If i may ask what is wrong with the FSH i have not really had a problem with? 

Edited by j3k, 18 June 2014 - 06:54.

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:33

While this is possible, I have 2 reasons for not wanting to do this. Firstly, the FSH features are generally quite advanced and aimed at experienced players. Having them in the base game may confuse new players. Secondly, it would be many months of work for very little end result as far as players who already use the FSH are concerned. They wouldn't be getting anything new out of it.

The problem with the FSH is that you guys have no control over it - and because of that, any player with any javascript knowledge can (and HAS tweaked) tweak it to provide functions in the game that aren't available in the "stock" release of the FSH.

As such, it's a backdoor for folk to cheat with, seemingly, impunity :(

So, yes, I stand by my wish that it was incorporated into the game and then outlawed.

If that can't happen, then, as a (reluctant) alternative, just ban the FSH entirely and take back control of your game ..

Edited by Pardoux, 18 June 2014 - 09:09.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#13 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:16

When will new buffs for composing be introduced.  There are no buffs after level 20 !!

#14 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 17:26

I have seen many roadmaps and dates set..then projects not completed as scheduled..please set a realistic timetable for the completion of said projects so disappointments are avoided..I also noticed that project like karma / epic quest II and others that were promised long ago are not even on the roadmap..have these projects been terminated ??

#15 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 17:49

Pardoux hit it on the head..eliminate the fshelper and auto refresh..take back the game..and eliminate the cheaters advantages over others who play fairly

#16 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 18:00

also changing the coding in the game would be prudent as some of the fshelper developers have went as far as to tell me that they have a good understanding of the coding and that is a cause for concern as one of them was auto-loading AH using the auto-refresh..and only was stopped after I submitted a ticket..also auto-refresh can be used to sell buffs and you don't even have to be playing the game..and that is unfair for those who do not have that option..and if you can implement all of the functions that fshelper gives..then there would be no need for allowing any scripts whatsoever...so it would be easily detectable if someone is using a script and in fact is cheating...and get rid of all automated scripts like auto-refresh as that is just another script that can be altered to be able to cheat

#17 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 19:27

Currently In Development (Target Release Date)

Arena Improvements (18th June 2014)...not much time left ..6 hours..are you sure it will be today ???

#18 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 19:28

more like 3  and a half hours..is it possible 

#19 Lostdog

Lostdog

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 21:13

I think your gonna be disappointed. Too bad the arena really needs new life.

#20 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 21:51

We were hoping to put the arena improvements live today (the code update is ready for it), however unfortunately BigGrim wasn't in work today and he's been working on the structure for the new token-based arena rewards. Hopefully BigGrim will be back in tomorrow and we can get the update live :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: