#1 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 December 2012 - 22:06

There are a few factors that are hurting this game that if changed will improve this game on multiple levels.
Here are some problems that I think the changes I will propose will address:
-End of content problem (HCS has said this is not of large concern to them, but hopefully my argument will change that).
-Donation potions not selling
-Lack of knowledge of donation potions
-Donation potions actually dropping in value over time.

I wont say that global events were a waste of time to create, I do feel that its addition to the game brings very little to the table. However, there is an issue with global events that hurts the game economy ... the rewards cuts directly into HCS' profits and hurts FS' economy. The reward for spending a small amount of stamina on these events to qualify are potions that are similar(if not better) than potions that HCS hopes people will donate $60 for. A vastly smaller amount of people are going to pay for these epic potions if they can earn 4 or 5 of them simply by spending a day or two worth of stamina on qualifying.
I think it would be ideal to change these potion rewards into a global XP event. Instead of random announcements of XP events there will be an event around 2 weeks after the global event...the reward being a multiplier of the tier the community reaches. 1/2% XP gain for first tier all the way up to triple for ruby tier. (On a side note, I find it disappointing in recent events that HCS has reduced ruby tier to allow the community to reach the goal...reaching ruby tier should be something that is extremely difficult and mostly likely the community will reach 1 or 2 tiers below that). This will give people the opportunity to actually use donation potions in combination with XP events. In turn, this will spur purchases of donation potions for HCS - which I am sure have gone down significantly (I dreaded the introduction of INV1+2 potion, and I knew it would happen eventually, as it would screw up much of the game economy).

End content players with something to actually do with their stamina would improve game donation sales. Those players that have donated the most to the game are most likely to use these potions - if these players are sitting at end content they are not going to be using big potions to hunt 10 levels every couple of weeks. It only makes sense to use these potions if there are 50 or more levels of content to hunt. I think HCS is losing a lot of revenue by not pumping out more content to take full advantage of its highest paying player base. I understand that content is work but I think much of the end content players would be OK with simple production content, for example: a tower with the same map for 50 floors (levels)... the monsters could be the same, minimal/simple quests - the only change being the level of the monster and perhaps some random stat changes. I don't know how content works but it seems to make sense that this would allow for mass content production - it does not have to be every content release, but maybe every 50 or so levels of normal content production to have one of these mass simple creation content releases.

While this issue is not in direct correlation with the issues I mentioned above, I think it will help the game economy. Recently I listed some XP booster potions at a price in the AH that I figured would never sell, but they were the cheapest. I ended up selling XP booster pots at 175 , 170 and 160 FSP in just a few short days. This was astonishing to me as I have knowledge of Lindarsil's Stash that is much cheaper in AH and also provides a overkill 250 buff. However, it is clear that much of the player base does not keep track of all the different donation potions - which is why I think there needs to be very clear tab in AH that says: "Epic Potions" or "Donation XP Potions" ... something to that effect, which a player can click on and see all the available donation epic potions that are in the game. Not just a regular AH display, but something that shows everything just in a clear in simple list, with buffs given displayed. It doesnt even have to be in the AH tab - as sometimes there are not certain epic potions in the AH at any given time, just something that gives players knowledge of what has been introduced into the game.

#2 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 22:49

Wow, you raise some excellent points, you bring up important issues and present viable solutions that I think will make everybody happy.

I sincerely hope the cows take notice of this thread, the sooner the better

#3 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 22:59

Wow, you raise some excellent points, you bring up important issues and present viable solutions that I think will make everybody happy.

:roll:

I agree with him, And with this post. I think HCS should take a huge look into this and think it out..

Ive only been in 1 event and fealt the reward was really good way too good for as much stam as i used. it took like 2-3 days at most lol..With like 1k stam so

Plus EOC needs to keep getting updated or they may lose some very big loyal people.

Not much to do without leveling besides buff or gvg or bounty etc

But Gvging at that level is probably not very often

Bountying would cost quite abit and you wouldnt make much.

buffing is fun and all and makes money but what are you going to do with it all if you can level anymore really?

o7Yo7oJ.png

#4 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2012 - 23:47

:roll:

I agree with him, And with this post. I think HCS should take a huge look into this and think it out..

Ive only been in 1 event and fealt the reward was really good way too good for as much stam as i used. it took like 2-3 days at most lol..With like 1k stam so

Plus EOC needs to keep getting updated or they may lose some very big loyal people.

buffing is fun and all and makes money but what are you going to do with it all if you can level anymore really?

HCS NEEDS to come up with something new to do after hitting EoC, Seriously. Whether if its Raid-like mechanics with uber mobs/bosses... or something more original. Levelling shouldnt be the only thing to do besides PvP (in some form)

#5 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:02

There is also SE and Titan hunting. Both can be pretty big stam consuming.
With SE hunting you can sweep the map yourself and not buy locations. SEs will be present sometimes and most maps take a bit of stam to get there and 100-200 stam to sweep to get 1 SE.
Titan hunting can take a lot of stamina too. I've used over 10k stam hunting 2 mid-level titans (together with a few guild members) and got around 2.5k kills in total.
Hunting high level titans can take even more stamina as not a lot of players hunt them so it's more likely that 1 player does most of the kills (and thus needs to walk all over the map). 10k stamina per titan would be on the low side.

Things like bounty hunting, playing the ladder, GvG, selling buffs, etc. can take a lot of stamina too.

But most EoC players prefer to use their stamina on levelling. It's one of the reasons they are at EoC. :wink:
And another reason is that it's one of the fastest ways to burn stamina. With levelling you can easily burn many tens of thousand stamina per hour. With other things it simply doesn't go that fast. 8)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#6 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:14

HCS NEEDS to come up with something new to do after hitting EoC, Seriously. Whether if its Raid-like mechanics with uber mobs/bosses... or something more original. Levelling shouldnt be the only thing to do besides PvP (in some form)

@ 1600 find the fallensword, give players the option to reset to level 1 but also gain +25 levels to buffs ( thus gaining level 200 skilled buffs, once they hit 500)

If a player resets a second time, give a permanent boost to all enhancements by 20% ( maximum of 100 % or 5 resets)

that tallies 6 x total 1 - 1600 runs through content.

Add a BOUND fallensword once player resets ( stam gain, single Item set item ) so it works with COD, COT, and SH ( its the danged fallensword it should be pretty awesome.

I agree there is much to be done in this game, and am not intending to derail nor will I comment any further on the above idea, just had to get it out there. I do however realize HCS is a very small company, and somethings with take ALOT of time to get dealt with/ done, while some simply ( as much as they say they want to do them for the community) will not get done..

Hopefully the game is around for alot longer.

#7 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:15

There is also SE and Titan hunting. Both can be pretty big stam consuming.
With SE hunting you can sweep the map yourself and not buy locations. SEs will be present sometimes and most maps take a bit of stam to get there and 100-200 stam to sweep to get 1 SE.
Titan hunting can take a lot of stamina too. I've used over 10k stam hunting 2 mid-level titans (together with a few guild members) and got around 2.5k kills in total.
Hunting high level titans can take even more stamina as not a lot of players hunt them so it's more likely that 1 player does most of the kills (and thus needs to walk all over the map). 10k stamina per titan would be on the low side.

Things like bounty hunting, playing the ladder, GvG, selling buffs, etc. can take a lot of stamina too.

But most EoC players prefer to use their stamina on levelling. It's one of the reasons they are at EoC. :wink:
And another reason is that it's one of the fastest ways to burn stamina. With levelling you can easily burn many tens of thousand stamina per hour. With other things it simply doesn't go that fast. 8)

I do agree with that, And i know how that stuff is, I just didnt think of it some reason it didnt come into my brain, But since your close to the level then i am id expect you to know more about those types of things.

I do believe more content, Or more features for higher levels should be added. Add some fun

I like the idea above about raiding mobs and bosses at a high level. That would be pretty cool. Though im not close to that level in any way. I know friends who are and they'd love more to do.

o7Yo7oJ.png

#8 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 18:52

Bump :wink:

#9 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 19:06

Most of these suggestions are good:
A new endgame, other than wait around for small batches of content
Automated, or nearly so, content generation, that may be lower quality, but can be generated very easily.
Player reset to level 1 with permanent bonuses and/or items.

One or more of these would be fantastic.

#10 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 19:51

bump, some feedback from HCS would be nice.

#11 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 20:23

I for 1 would never want to be fully reset from 1600 to level 1, but if the reset was to say level 500 where I could start using the level 180 buffs and work my way back up I might consider doing that.

#12 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 20:24

Player reset to level 1 with permanent bonuses and/or items.

The suggestion quoted above would bring a whole new meaning to the game, and in my opinion would be fantastic! End of EOC problems, and HCS could focus on improving what we already have :)

#13 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 20:59

I'll have to agree with just about everything here. The economy has been in shambles for a while, though I don't think donation potions are the major problem. The biggest thing that destroyed the economy a LONG time ago was the introduction of guild tagging. Is it nice? Yes. Is it good for the game economy? Absolutely not. Think of it this way: without guild tagging, you'd have a guild of 126 members each buying their own leveling gear. That would mean that they'd either have to spend stam doing it (which they could buy with fsp they buy from HCS), or they could buy with FSP (again, bought from HCS). Now, when you reduce the amount of gear to 2 or 3 pieces of an item (maybe even less in some cases), you're really destroying your own income HCS. Putting a nail through your own foot, so to speak.

Yes, I might be a little biased because I'm a merchant, so trading gear is what I do. But that still doesn't mean I'm incorrect. Now, if we think about the practical implementation of this, what really needs to happen is the guild gear stats need to be reduced as a function of the members in a guild as well as how many pieces are tagged. I'm sure you guys have these bits of data stored, writing a function to do so wouldn't be that hard :P. Try something like this?

Posted Image

Which would look something like this, with some values I chose:

Posted Image
Source: http://www.wolframal...100 <= y <= 500

(Though the values chosen above might be a little harsh).

What an implementation like this would do is ensure that while guild gear still has some value, the practical use for things only comes out of owning your own gear/having someone lend you gear. Either way, this would result in more trade overall, which means more cash in your hands. I think that this, combined with the composing idea I'm sure you've read about by now, would certainly help bolster the economy and bring some new, much needed life into the game.

Now, if we look at the endgame, there's a lot of waiting around for nothing to happen. You've already made 1600 levels of content; why not add an objective to the game, perhaps named after the title as Maeh has graciously suggested? I mean, people play your content once and they're done with it. Levels that take you hours to create are sped through in minutes. Maybe add some final boss that must be solo'd and call it a day?

I might be speaking a little out of place here, as I'm sure you guys know what you're doing, or FS wouldn't have made it this far, but as this is a forum, I'm simply expressing my feelings.

~AA

tl;dr: Economy sucks, reduce the effectiveness of guild tagging as a function of guild members and tagged gear.

#14 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 December 2012 - 21:14

another good thing is making a lot more areas inaccessible without doing certain quest. this will lead either to sub level for a couple of levels or actually spending stam doing quest. another thing could be "level upgrades" so instead of just resetting your account to level 1 you can give up some of your levels to upgrade your character(Example; +5 max skill allocation to all skills for 1000 levels), some people at EOC will like it because they can gain more xp for there guild and level again. just some ideas i thought of but not necessarily good.

#15 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2012 - 21:20

Economy sucks, disable guild tagging.

I couldn't quote it all if I wanted to leave a message too ^^

~ I'm sure you're suggesting this out of interrest of the best for the Game economy, but I don't think it would help to disable Guild tagging, I think it would blow away lots of players, as it would take alot of stamina to achieve your very own setup which you will need for hunting, and every 50th level you will need to hunt a new one, it would seem pretty unrealistic to ever reach the top players for new comers if you would have to do this too, I think it's a beautiful thought, and it would probably have been possible some years back, but I simply don't see it possible as there's 1,600 levels to reach out, it's already unmanageable for alot of players, and if you throw this at them, I'm pretty sure alot would simply stop believing it's possible to ever reach.

Cheers

Centus

#16 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 21:24

Economy sucks, disable guild tagging.

I couldn't quote it all if I wanted to leave a message too ^^

~ I'm sure you're suggesting this out of interrest of the best for the Game economy, but I don't think it would help to disable Guild tagging, I think it would blow away lots of players, as it would take alot of stamina to achieve your very own setup which you will need for hunting, and every 50th level you will need to hunt a new one, it would seem pretty unrealistic to ever reach the top players for new comers if you would have to do this too, I think it's a beautiful thought, and it would probably have been possible some years back, but I simply don't see it possible as there's 1,600 levels to reach out, it's already unmanageable for alot of players, and if you throw this at them, I'm pretty sure alot would simply stop believing it's possible to ever reach.

Cheers

Centus

I should probably change that tldr, it's not quite accurate. If we reduce the effectiveness of guild tagging, 1 hitting with guild gear will still be possible at some levels, and with clever gear setups (or OP potions such as wither 450), it'll be possible at most levels. Besides, with all the new buffs and potions, all you really need to do is have unforged, poor gear that's part of a set and CoA will take care of you :). But, there will inevitably be some hitches along the way, and for those places you'd have to hunt your own gear down, buy it, or get it loaned. I'm sure I'm forgetting something though, feel free to continue to rip my idea apart.

#17 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2012 - 21:35

I should probably change that tldr, it's not quite accurate. If we reduce the effectiveness of guild tagging, 1 hitting with guild gear will still be possible at some levels, and with clever gear setups (or OP potions such as wither 450), it'll be possible at most levels. Besides, with all the new buffs and potions, all you really need to do is have unforged, poor gear that's part of a set and CoA will take care of you :). But, there will inevitably be some hitches along the way, and for those places you'd have to hunt your own gear down, buy it, or get it loaned. I'm sure I'm forgetting something though, feel free to continue to rip my idea apart.

~ What I ment was, it's hard to take something away that players have been getting used to, and I for one think it's an important part of the whole 'Guild-thingy' with Guild-tag

~ I just don't think it would work that well, I think would damage the loyality from players, but maybe advertisements is the way to go, as we already have had a taste of, alot of new video offers have been added, I think there's a pay-per-view at them for HCS, and if we as community could help expand the player base, there should be more to do these offers. But what do I know, I'm just a teenager doing nothing like this buisness 8)

Cheers

Centus

#18 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 21:46

~ What I ment was, it's hard to take something away that players have been getting used to, and I for one think it's an important part of the whole 'Guild-thingy' with Guild-tag

~ I just don't think it would work that well, I think would damage the loyality from players, but maybe advertisements is the way to go, as we already have had a taste of, alot of new video offers have been added, I think there's a pay-per-view at them for HCS, and if we as community could help expand the player base, there should be more to do these offers. But what do I know, I'm just a teenager doing nothing like this buisness 8)

Cheers

Centus

Well, there are other ways of making people join guilds. In all honesty, guild tagging/gear should NOT be the deciding factor for which guild to join. It should be the people, the community IN the guild. I'll bring up a few successful games which I've played: R********e, W*w, etc. None of them have any major form of guild tagging, the real guild experience comes from doing things together as a guild, getting advice from each other, etc. The guild achievements were a step in the right direction to make guilds what they should be, imo. But hey, I'm just a crazy merchant :).

#19 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2012 - 21:54

Well, there are other ways of making people join guilds. In all honesty, guild tagging/gear should NOT be the deciding factor for which guild to join. It should be the people, the community IN the guild. I'll bring up a few successful games which I've played: R********e, W*w, etc. None of them have any major form of guild tagging, the real guild experience comes from doing things together as a guild, getting advice from each other, etc. The guild achievements were a step in the right direction to make guilds what they should be, imo. But hey, I'm just a crazy merchant :).

~ I get your point at that, but again with these 'encrypted' games, you aren't limited by stamina, right?, this means if you have the time to invest into the game you can reach the top in matter of weeks, even months, you see the diffrence?

~ Again it's not to shoot your oppinion down, it's just to point out that it's hard to compare these game to FallenSword as HCS use another concept (which is actually why I choose to play FallenSword instead of any other games)

#20 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:12

@ 1600 find the fallensword, give players the option to reset to level 1 but also gain +25 levels to buffs ( thus gaining level 200 skilled buffs, once they hit 500)

If a player resets a second time, give a permanent boost to all enhancements by 20% ( maximum of 100 % or 5 resets)

that tallies 6 x total 1 - 1600 runs through content.

Add a BOUND fallensword once player resets ( stam gain, single Item set item ) so it works with COD, COT, and SH ( its the danged fallensword it should be pretty awesome.

I agree there is much to be done in this game, and am not intending to derail nor will I comment any further on the above idea, just had to get it out there. I do however realize HCS is a very small company, and somethings with take ALOT of time to get dealt with/ done, while some simply ( as much as they say they want to do them for the community) will not get done..

Hopefully the game is around for alot longer.

What you're suggesting sounds a lot to me like a "prestige" process used in most first person shooter games on consoles. Not really for this idea.. don't think it fits in with the RPG theme. Even with such benefits as that as you suggested, I have no interest in going back to level one and doing all the content over again.. no thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: