#1 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:46

Posting in another thread has reminded me of this...

Earlier on in the development stage, after the addition of fragmenting items was added, Hoofmaster spoke of an addition that would allow us to 'auto fragment' items. Similar to how auto-discard functions. Then it was stated that this was going to be coming in a coming update. Sadly this update to fragmenting never happened. Now composing has gone fully live, yet there is still no sign of the auto fragment feature.

Is this still a planned feature or has the idea been scrapped? Would like to know for sure...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#2 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 16:06

Definately agree that this should be added. We'll try and get it in this weeks update :)

#3 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 16:19

since this is happening anyways..

something that is toggle'able on the World interface?.. some mouse hover over action info to let the new players know what it is

#4 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 16:37

Definately agree that this should be added. We'll try and get it in this weeks update :)

Awesome, nice one Hoof.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#5 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 23 September 2013 - 20:35

Yay! :)

Along the same line, could there maybe be an option in Preferences to have a button to send the item to a specific player instead of dropping or decomposing?  For example, for someone farming items for another player, or sending drops to a guildmate for potion making. The item in player preferences would be like: "Enable 'send item to' button on World screen. Send item to player ____" with the blank being where they put the player's name.

#6 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 20:41

LOL I thought the same thing in the same post,,,yes please auto frag that you can select by type would be really cool.

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 September 2013 - 14:14

Along the same line, could there maybe be an option in Preferences to have a button to send the item to a specific player instead of dropping or decomposing?  For example, for someone farming items for another player, or sending drops to a guildmate for potion making.

Sounds a bit abusable to me and would probably be used with clone accounts to harvest items in differing levels to send to prime account. Ultimately, I don't think this is really needed.

#8 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 September 2013 - 20:42

Sounds a bit abusable to me and would probably be used with clone accounts to harvest items in differing levels to send to prime account. Ultimately, I don't think this is really needed.

True, but if someone was going to do that, they could always use the Send Item page anyway. What I was suggesting would be nothing more than a shortcut button for "send item to player" really, just to make it easier for item farmers and guildmates.

#9 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:20

Id be afraid 2 people tried to send to me at once and crash things XD

#10 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:14

in that case grim can something be done with the secure trade system at the moment you have to tick each box its a nightmare and seriously cuts into someones farming time better filter would be great IE the ability to say a box that lets you put the number of boxes you want ticked bit like when listing auctions this would cut sending time down considerably

#11 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 17:01

UPGRADE OUR INTERFACE!!

#12 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:05

Unsure why this is now such a priority. Having spoken to a fair few folk in the game none of whom want this urgently. However, I see a small minority want this so maybe the cows only listen to this minority in the same manner as to how composing was finalised, with a smaller minorities interests at heart. Please refer to the development roadmap where there are several more important ideas that could be developed that would benefit the whole community and not just a small select few. I provide a few key areas below as classic examples:

Improve Chests (Thread)

Epic Quest (continued)

Oh and footprints, whilst I have no use for these as I can easily tell where I have been on the map, these were promised back in early September?

Currently In Development (Estimated Release Date)

Map Footprints (11th September)

I would recommend concentrating on things that benefit the community from level 1 to End of Content otherwise people are going to lose some faith. I am a wee bit to be honest.

Edited by Davros81, 26 September 2013 - 18:41.

#13 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 21:50

I would recommend concentrating on things that benefit the community from level 1 to End of Content otherwise people are going to lose some faith. I am a wee bit to be honest.

Map Footprints are being worked on and are next on the roadmap. Adding an option to Auto Fragment won't take long hence I'm hoping to get it included in the next update.

#14 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 September 2013 - 23:02

Map Footprints are being worked on and are next on the roadmap. Adding an option to Auto Fragment won't take long hence I'm hoping to get it included in the next update.

+1

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#15 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:08

>Conspiracy stuff<

http://forums.hunted...=10#entry793830

Posted 06 June 2013 - 15:35

It seems the majority like the overall idea, so we're going to go ahead and get the first part (breaking down items) working and tested with the aim to get it into the game on Tuesday 18th (possibly before if things go really well!).

We'll be making it so you can automatically break down items as they drop (similar to how Auto Discard works) and also we'll try to make it as easy as possible to break down items that are already in your backpack :)

Davros, you should really calm down with the conspiracy nonsense. This is simply something Hoofmaster stated HIMSELF that was slated for implementation, way before the development roadmap was introduced.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#16 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:10

Dude they are cows not horses,, whipping them wont make them run XD

#17 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:06

I thyink Map Footprints is really usefull for those who do anything than hunt, farm champions, elites, Super Elites or Chests.

Auto-Fragment is not a priority, but if that is easy to implement, i'm all in for that idea.

What I really want to see is some upgrades on Arena, the Shindrak's idea about Arena Tokens is really good and I think that need some work on it. Random rounds (to do not easy fight against your guildmate on the first round). New items. 1.200+ Arenas. 

If HCS give a greens sign on Arena Tokens I think we already can start a thread to talk about how this can work and what that will give back, that will bring a lot more people to Arena, making the tournaments runs quickly.

#18 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 13:45

Why not just add fragments to the Secure Trade system? I want to sell 200 common fragments for 4 FSP? Just a few clicks of a button rather than having to click 50 different items manually.

#19 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 23:15

Why not just add fragments to the Secure Trade system? I want to sell 200 common fragments for 4 FSP? Just a few clicks of a button rather than having to click 50 different items manually.

'cos fragments aren't tradeable ? ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#20 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 21:11

'cos fragments aren't tradeable ? ;)

Except that they are, at least indirectly. Anyone farming fragmentable items for someone else is basically trading fragments. Putting fragments in the ST system just saves both people time.

What was the rationale behind them being non-tradeable in the first place?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: