30 replies to this topic

#1 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 23:56

My first topic so you all be gentle. As with the other 2 suggestions here in the forum, we had a fun animated discussion with very different ideas. Here is my version.

The idea is to limit the powerful GE pots to a duration. The more kills you make, the longer the pots last (only applies for the leveling aspect of the potion - AL/Lib/Cons/etc...).

So as an example (for Ruby):

5k kills = 30 minute potion(s)

10k kills = 60 minute potion(s)

15k kills = 90 minute potion(s)

And another example (for Gold):

3k kills = 30 mins

6k kills = 60 mins

9k kills = 90 mins

etc.

As it currently works, high stam players gain an extraordinary advantage over the low stam players. With this idea, the advantage would still be there but at least it reduces the advantage a bit.

Some negatives:

- It's unfair to ask high stam players to take on more kills since they invested in all that max stam.

Simply, I have to disagree with this logic and argue that it's significantly more unfair to low stam players.

- High stam player just finishes hunt and doesn't have enough stam to qualify for a higher duration potion.

This is certainly a problem. In this scenario, I would hope HCS provide a 4-7 day announcement of an upcoming event for non-frag events.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by yotwehc, 06 June 2014 - 01:30.

#2 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 06 June 2014 - 00:01

be gentle. 

No. You stole my subject line. :P  hehe.

After dinner, I shall dig my comments on this out of chat and repost them here.  ^_^

#3 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 00:09

Gave some alternative ideas on Murabane's thread -- too bad you guys aren't consolidated and as having THREE threads on the same subject posted in one day is illogical though well intentioned.  

Edited by BraveKath, 06 June 2014 - 00:12.

#4 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 June 2014 - 00:11

too bad you guys aren't consolidated and as having two threads on the same subject posted in one day is not productive.  .

Sometimes when ideas are put on a thread that didn't quite propose the same idea, the second method of looking at it gets lost.

#5 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 00:15

Gave some alternative ideas on Murabane's thread -- too bad you guys aren't consolidated and as having THREE threads on the same subject posted in one day is illogical though well intentioned.

I thought hijacking someone else's idea and derailing their topic was bad form? O_o

#6 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 00:25

who's hijacking  ;)

We just all should have planned this together, the skill duration is interesting but you might be able to bypass it with brew master at your disposal.

#7 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 00:35

who's hijacking ;)

We just all should have planned this together, the skill duration is interesting but you might be able to bypass it with brew master at your disposal.

Absolutely nothing wrong with using brew master. So really, it's nothing earth shattering in my suggestion. Also, what's to prevent all 3 ideas from being implemented :)

#8 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 00:40

Nothing at all  :)

Just hope collectively we can get the ball rolling and come up with something good.

#9 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:06

The idea about the duration is good, more kills - more duration. More kills usually means more stamina so its beneficial for the higher stamina players to use more stam in the globals or else they would have to settle for some quick hunts, etc.

Questions: Will the 30 minutes be the default for all the other tiers of potions? It makes sense that more kills gives more duration, but what happens when the community doesn't get to Ruby?

#10 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:09

The idea about the duration is good, more kills - more duration. More kills usually means more stamina so its beneficial for the higher stamina players to use more stam in the globals or else they would have to settle for some quick hunts, etc.

Questions: Will the 30 minutes be the default for all the other tiers of potions? It makes sense that more kills gives more duration, but what happens when the community doesn't get to Ruby?

My thoughts were the durations followed the logic regardless of where the community ends up. Keeping it simple. So you make enough kills for 90 minutes but community only reaches gold then you get a 90 minute gold pot.

#11 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:14

My thoughts were the durations followed the logic regardless of where the community ends up. Keeping it simple. So you make enough kills for 90 minutes but community only reaches gold then you get a 90 minute gold pot.

Here's a scenario for what I'm confused about.

The global event is active but the community has only reached the gold tier and there is 2 hours left. Seeing how we aren't going to make it to crystal or even ruby, I don't want to waste my stamina so I only kill enough to qualify for gold. Global event ends and gold is the tier that we all receive. The requirement kills for gold is 3,000.

What will the duration be for the potions of the gold chest?

#12 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:28

Here's a scenario for what I'm confused about.

The global event is active but the community has only reached the gold tier and there is 2 hours left. Seeing how we aren't going to make it to crystal or even ruby, I don't want to waste my stamina so I only kill enough to qualify for gold. Global event ends and gold is the tier that we all receive. The requirement kills for gold is 3,000.

What will the duration be for the potions of the gold chest?

"I SEE!" says the blind man... I get it now... great question and something I didn't think about...

So perhaps it should be a mutliple of the qualifying amount? Might require little more coding but that would be more fair...

So in your example it would look like this for gold tier:

3k = 30 mins

6k = 60 mins

9k = 90 mins

it would be "unfair" to ask for 10k kills to get a 60min pot or 15k kills to get a 90 min pot...

Nice catch... I will update original post.

#13 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:19

I thought hijacking someone else's idea and derailing their topic was bad form? O_o

What? How is it hi-jacking when the subject is the same: get more people doing more than the bare minimum on Globals.  Hi-jacking is bringing up an unrelated subject, which it seems you've done yourself - not I, or what I didn't get was perhaps this thread was about personal egos and not the game.

My only interest here is the game.

Edited by BraveKath, 06 June 2014 - 02:20.

#14 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:36

What? How is it hi-jacking when the subject is the same: get more people doing more than the bare minimum on Globals.  Hi-jacking is bringing up an unrelated subject, which it seems you've done yourself - not I, or what I didn't get was perhaps this thread was about personal egos and not the game.

My only interest here is the game.

So your ok with me going to Cyrus's post and say... yeah.. your idea is good... but what about this one and totally derail from her well thought out idea? Wow... and I'm the one with the ego... lol

#15 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:40

(will cut paste this to the other two threads)

I've read the threads created by MURABANE and CYRUS and YOTWEHC and have to say that, IMO, the solution presented by YOTWEHC is the best one.

All three have their merits but I think the one proposed by Cyrus involves a LOT of work from the cows both in coding and in implementing, and the one from MURABANE is a double-edged sword. The pro's from the suggestion are also the con's from it.

YOTWEHC, however, seems logical ...

The more kills you do, the longer the potions gained will last ... the people with the higher stamina are, as a rule, the ones doing the bigger kill counts and, as such, would want their epic potions to last longer. I know some folk with the top notch connections can hunt 100k stam in very short order, but I think they are the exception, rather than the rule ?

Folk with 1-10K stam would, I'm guessing, manage to hunt that stamina in under 30 mins (or 56 mins with L175 BM) and thus wouldn't need longer duration potions ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#16 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:50

(will cut paste this to the other two threads)

I've read the threads created by MURABANE and CYRUS and YOTWEHC and have to say that, IMO, the solution presented by YOTWEHC is the best one.

All three have their merits but I think the one proposed by Cyrus involves a LOT of work from the cows both in coding and in implementing, and the one from MURABANE is a double-edged sword. The pro's from the suggestion are also the con's from it.

YOTWEHC, however, seems logical ...

The more kills you do, the longer the potions gained will last ... the people with the higher stamina are, as a rule, the ones doing the bigger kill counts and, as such, would want their epic potions to last longer. I know some folk with the top notch connections can hunt 100k stam in very short order, but I think they are the exception, rather than the rule ?

Folk with 1-10K stam would, I'm guessing, manage to hunt that stamina in under 30 mins (or 56 mins with L175 BM) and thus wouldn't need longer duration potions ?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not opposed to all 3 suggestions being implemented... but that may be too much of a good thing :)

#17 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:58

i like your idea, but i absolutely think HCS dont like so much job to do. only activation of global event is done manually, the end is automation. they are not there when they should be there.

#18 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:00

I like it BUT, even with my 50k max stamina, I wouldn't have a reason to kill over 10k. I could only  do the 5k and be fine for leveling most times. So this would only work assuming most players have slower internet speeds.

Edited by vamunre, 06 June 2014 - 04:02.

#19 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:48

3 threads was the right way to do this as these are 3 totally separate ideas on how to increase the popularity of the events and I applaud each person for their ideas which are all very valid. Still prefer Chewy's idea, as mentioned in Murabane's thread the offer of further chests, unless they are fragment ones, holds little incentive to me to carry on killing global critters. Longer lasting potions are very handy, especially the stat boosting/pvp style potions.

#20 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 20:23

"I SEE!" says the blind man... I get it now... great question and something I didn't think about...

So perhaps it should be a mutliple of the qualifying amount? Might require little more coding but that would be more fair...

So in your example it would look like this for gold tier:

3k = 30 mins

6k = 60 mins

9k = 90 mins

it would be "unfair" to ask for 10k kills to get a 60min pot or 15k kills to get a 90 min pot...

Nice catch... I will update original post.

Sorry mate, the more i look at this the less i like it. It's a bit to much like, you MUST contribute more, you WILL contribute more. The community DEMANDS it.

even with my 50k max stamina, I wouldn't have a reason to kill over 10k.

And here lieth the problem. Top spot in top 100 is the only incentive EOC players have to burst their stam banks during globals. Don't get me wrong, there are a fair few who make huge contribution but there are many more that don't and why should they? For the pots? Aye, right. Most have a backlog of them as it is. Unique prizes is the way to go, like HCS had before with the HCS custom made avi for top of top 100. Unique prizes could be problamatic when trying to get into the top 100 with all the uber stam ones vying for top spot. But do you care, yes you mortal? Isn't being successful in the events and getting those sexy pots all that matters? Even better when riding on someone else's coat tales :P

Cheers.

wil72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: